NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any chance we're going to use De Jong as an out and out striker? Could be a possibility. Led the line for Ajax at times right?

This gives us options as it currently stands. I also think we could finally see us not having a strictly DM role. It's A new manager with tactics of his own. If we go with a 3 man midfield we could easily have 3 dynamic central guys out there.

"3 dynamic central guys" - Lord give me strength.

Dropout has spoken lads, lets not buy anybody much better that way tbh.

In terms of squad priorities he is absolutely right. Unless we also spend big to bring in the centre backs, right back, winger and forwards we need, the money would probably have been better spent elsewhere.

I just don't understand our transfer strategy. You have at best 3 CB's, 2 LB's & 1 RB. 1 CB is a permacrock. The other isn't good enough. The other is ageing and looks past it.

We have 2 first team strikers at the club. 1 is a failure. The other has a combustible knee.

What do we do? Try to sign a #10. Not a single rumour of a CB on the horizon. Or a LB. Looks like we are monitoring Charlie Austin. That's it. At this stage last season we had Cabella, de Jong & Janmaat if not already signed, heavily linked. That was an awful window imo too.

Looking at his whoscored he's played deeper as a CM last season. Scored a lot of goals. Suggests perhaps he's coming to play CM. An area we can improve in certainly but I suspect to the detriment of Sissoko at the club. If we keep Sissoko it's still looks odd as to where he fits in.

In terms of squad priorities he is absolutely right. Unless we also spend big to bring in the centre backs, right back, winger and forwards we need, the money would probably have been better spent elsewhere.

Footballing reasons are way down the list of reasons to buy a player though unfortunately.

Of course he is :lol:

But i find myself not giving a shit, mainly because we lack any of sort of ability in the midfield and because watching Tiote-Colback-Sissoko trying to pass more than 3 yards without giving it away is painful.

I want talent in the team, i couldn't give a shit about squad priorities at the moment when the whole team except for a handful of players are shite footballers.

Don't get it. We have 4 players that could do well at #10.

Need some f***ing defenders. Need a proper striker.

It's possible to play more than one attacking central player..

But not 4. Perez, Wijnaldum, De Jong & Cabella can't play optimally in the same team. It's awful.

jesus, you are one negative b*stard!!!! :lol:

Yup no way we spend money without selling, absolute joke. We could easily add Wijnaldum, striker, winger, CB, LB etc etc without selling anyone but alas....

Those are the positions i would like to see strengthened as well. Wish we would fill all of those holes!

If I was feeling optimistic I could suppose that we haven't signed anyone yet because we are confident of signing our top targets, i.e., Austin, Thauvin and Wijnaldum. But even that doesn't address the glaring hole in the defence with two weak centre backs.

The problem for us is - even on the off chance that we stumble blindly into a successful transfer, it's just one. We need six or seven, at least, and yet we are nowhere near competent enough to have multiple negotiations simultaneously.

It's all setting up for us to drag our heels and do whatever business we end up doing very late in the window, sacrificing winnable matches in the process.  Then, by the time players get adjusted, we'll sell Sissoko or someone else in January (if they haven't been sold by September 1).

Long story short, even when we do something right, we do it in the completely wrong way.

From the club's point of view we probably have too many CBs on the books already.

There's no law against selling some of them, then buying premier quality replacements.

From the club's point of view we probably have too many CBs on the books already.

There's no law against selling some of them, then buying premier quality replacements.

Course not - you just have to care enough about quality, be capable of running multiple deals and find someone to buy them.

Course not - you just have to care enough about quality, be capable of running multiple deals and find someone to buy them.

It's a complicated business which is why I admire clubs like Liverpool and Spurs for managing to pull it off.

Like I said yesterday we are going to have to sell as according to the rule book we actually have too many players.

Of course removing Ferguson and Vuckic, Rob Elliot and Williamson is preferable to losing Sissoko, but are there takers?

Who's going to pay good money for any of our useless bastards? We would be lucky to give them away man.

Who's going to pay good money for any of our useless bastards? We would be lucky to give them away man.

We don't need good money, just take what you can get. There was talk of £1m for Williamson from Leeds. Take 500k and get shot. Same for Taylor. There's two spots opened up already.

Krul

Janmaat      CB        Dummett  Haidara

Wijnaldum  Sissoko

Cabella              De Jong          Aarons

Perez

holding midfielders are for cowards