NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaqiri, while almost perfect in terms of age, price, ability to play in a position we're short in and potential for sell on there is no way we would get him. Players stepping up is our thing. He wouldn't step down from Bayern to Newcastle in the space of 12 months at his age.

With regards to De Jong, from what I've seen I'm reasonably confident he will be good. He plays one touch football and I think if we can get players rotating around him then he will be really effective. Plus, he looks like he'll get in the box. That might mean at times we'll see Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Him and potentially one of Ayoze/Aarons in or around the box when attacking which might mean we even score a goal or two.

I maintain that we need a proper DM first of all, but I wouldn't mind him at all.

I would consider us overstocked in the central midfield area now. Doubt we will see a DM unless we sell.

Doubt it too, but I still feel the qualities of our CM's are too unbalanced. Either they're better in a more offensive position or they're simply not good enough. If we got in a proper DM that could tackle and close down, it would provide much needed cover for our helpless defence. Ideally Tiote could fill that roll if he were to have a decent season or even stay in the club. Right now I'm more worried about how horrid we look when we loose the ball than our lacks in offence.

Shaqiri, while almost perfect in terms of age, price, ability to play in a position we're short in and potential for sell on there is no way we would get him. Players stepping up is our thing. He wouldn't step down from Bayern to Newcastle in the space of 12 months at his age.

With regards to De Jong, from what I've seen I'm reasonably confident he will be good. He plays one touch football and I think if we can get players rotating around him then he will be really effective. Plus, he looks like he'll get in the box. That might mean at times we'll see Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Him and potentially one of Ayoze/Aarons in or around the box when attacking which might mean we even score a goal or two.

Hmmm I think our recent recruiting would show any player there's now a renewed sense of ambition and drive at the club. Add Shaqiri and couple of defenders and we've a really intriguing team this year.

If by some miracle we sign Shaqiri I would officially start paying attention to next season.

edit - and if it goes much further than that i'll have to buy the wife a season ticket.  :undecided:

If by some miracle we sign Shaqiri I would officially start paying attention to next season.

edit - and if it goes much further than that i'll have to buy the wife a season ticket.  :undecided:

Don't be fucking stupid, tell they've sold out

Shaqiri and Abdennour and would be our greatest summer in an eternity. (in addition to finalizing Mbemba)

In an ideal world we sign that Dutch winger fella for cheap, Shaq, and Abdennour.

Shaqiri and Abdennour and would be our greatest summer in an eternity. (in addition to finalizing Mbemba)

In an ideal world we sign that Dutch winger fella for cheap, Shaq, and Abdennour.

This 100%

Better than Ferdinand, Ginola, Albert..................................barton.

That was an eternity ago. Another lifetime and a different football club.

That was an eternity ago. Another lifetime and a different football club.

And Albert was signed in 94, not 95

If that comes off I will honestly buy season tickets for me and the wife.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif