NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just struggle to see how Austin makes sense with Mitrovic if we are playing one upfront, one of  them will be on the bench and i can't see us spending above 10m on a bench player.

We'd play two up top.

Perhaps Aarons form might change their minds on a winger.

It would leave us with Aarons and Cabella with Sissoko and Perez as back up options on the wings. Depending on your views on Sissoko out wide.

Cisse		Mitrovic

Shaqiri		   De Jong		Aarons

Wijnaldum

Haidara	  Mbemba   Coloccini	   Janmaat

Krul

Obviously it's a massive 'if', but that team could do a hell of a lot of damage.

Or even stick Cabella out on the left if he sorts his game out under McClaren.

Cabella is not, has not, and will not be an effective winger like :lol:

Might as well be sold then because he's not getting in a central role over Sissoko, De Jong, Wijnaldum and Perez.

Yep, he's got no chance in the middle now. Maybe he could be some kind of wide forward if we go 4-3-3, but I can't see that happening because we'll not bench one of Cisse or Mitrovic (or Austin if our continued interest is true) and even if we did, 4-3-3 would provide rubbish service for Mitrovic who we've just splashed out loads on.

If Cabella can't / won't play out wide, there's nowhere for him IMO.

He played as a number 10 in France for the majority of the 2 seasons before we signed him. I think he is totalled wasted on the wing, and his chances of playing centrally are diminishing with every signing we make. I would prefer him behind the striker over De Jong if possible. Siem literally doesn't move, and unless he can chip in with around 10 goals a season, I think he will hinder our play. Like Nolan did when he wasn't scoring. Atleast Cabella offers movement, passing and creativity when playing.

He played as a number 10 in France for the majority of the 2 seasons before we signed him. I think he is totalled wasted on the wing, and his chances of playing centrally are diminishing with every signing we make. I would prefer him behind the striker over De Jong if possible. Siem literally doesn't move, and unless he can chip in with around 10 goals a season, I think he will hinder our play. Like Nolan did when he wasn't scoring. Atleast Cabella offers movement, passing and creativity when playing.

I suspect De Jong is a far more accomplished player than Cabella. We will see.

Cabella is not, has not, and will not be an effective winger like :lol:

He's not, but he can actually cross a decent ball if he can be persuaded to release it early rather than indulge in step overs and feints. He's got the tools, just not the brain.

He played on the right wing a lot for Montpellier, he played behind the striker as well but yeah. I agree with your general post on Siem and Cabella btw.

It's more annoying, because we are all effectively wanting just a perfect starting XI. We aren't used to potentially having decent players left out, or on the bench :lol:

In a more rounded sense, we would technically have some squad depth if everyone remained fit. Adding another striker and a top draw winger like Shaqiri will make me lose my mind.

Re De Jong-Cabella as a no 10. De Jong makes less but better movement and is a much better finisher.

The Shaqiri link is interesting, so much so it could change us from the predicted 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-2-1.

It's more annoying, because we are all effectively wanting just a perfect starting XI. We aren't used to potentially having decent players left out, or on the bench :lol:

In a more rounded sense, we would technically have some squad depth if everyone remained fit. Adding another striker and a top draw winger like Shaqiri will make me lose my mind.

No one seems to have a clue what the team will be as is :lol: We are not used to this that's for sure.

I maintain that we need a proper DM first of all, but I wouldn't mind him at all.

I would consider us overstocked in the central midfield area now. Doubt we will see a DM unless we sell.