NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unless something has changed, if they think we can manage until January without being cut adrift at the bottom of the league then try to manage we will do.  Then if we're struggling Mike "will continue to invest in the football club" to save himself losing money.

Whether January's a good time to buy players or not will be completely dependent on where we are in the table.  If we're meandering along safely enough in midtable there'll be no significant signings until the summer, as January's a bad market.  And so on.

It's the attitude of the club, it all suddenly changed when Mbemba was done :lol: They clearly think they have done enough.

What changed? The one quote from McClaren? He's said from day one that it need to be the right players and if i remember right he said just the same just a few days ago.

It wasn't just one quote though, everything he has said since then has been a drastic change from what he was saying before. It's almost Pardew like in it's delivery since and setting the fans up not to get too disappointed.

Yeah, he seemed certain of signings until Mbemba was done. Might just be pessimism, but I think we've all earned that. It's not like anything has happened in the last seven years to fill us with optimism.

I'd be totally fine with 3 in and 3 out, but we're not going to get rid of the ones that need to go. We should just give them away to get the wages off the books, but I suspect we're too cheap/stubborn for that.

I'd be totally fine with 3 in and 3 out, but we're not going to get rid of the ones that need to go. We should just give them away to get the wages off the books, but I suspect we're too cheap/stubborn for that.

This.

All I can say is Mclaren better get his finger out and coach the shitness out the rest of the squad sharpish. Although I'm still not convinced he can.

It's quite apparent we are just treading water as before. Fucking dogshit imo.

All I can say is Mclaren better get his finger out and coach the shitness out the rest of the squad sharpish. Although I'm still not convinced he can.

It's quite apparent we are just treading water as before. f***ing dogshit imo.

Yep, the only positive is how tough our start is meaning it won't take long for fans to be on his or Ashley's back when the inevitable happens.

We will be around 15th 16th with no more signings and the likes of Williamson, Taylor, Obertan and Gouffran playing regularly.

None of those players should be playing regularly even with our current options.

Yep, the only positive is how tough our start is meaning it won't take long for fans to be on his or Ashley's back when the inevitable happens.

This should be the focus of any ire if we're awful.

It sounds like you're looking forward to it.

Barmy.

This is correct.

Re: McLaren and signings let's not forget that pretty early on he also said that in 3 transfer windows time they should have the squad they want or something like that.

3 CBs coming out of contract next summer plus whoever else. There's too much shite in the squad and they'll not give them away so that'll be that until next summer unless they're able to move people off the books now.

:lol:

Definitely!

Won't be surprised if it's one of our specific strategies.

afterall Anderlecht missing out on the Champions League this season would have been a huge help in getting the two we got from them.