NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He has long coveted the St James’ Park job and made the mistake of convincing himself that, once he had gained the owner’s trust, he would be permitted a say in recruitment.

What a fucking mug. :lol:

As far as emergency January deals go, Carrick would be a great deal.

Underrated midfielder, tons of PL experience, vocal. Give him the armband.

Contract runs out in the Summer I think. Way better than our current options but perennially knackered and will be ruled out due to bring an OAP.

He's a good passer and probably a decent leader but not sure he'd be able for the amount of running he'd have to do here

its one thing targeting and going for players, but why would anyone decent even consider moving here in January whilst where odds-on to go down.

we might be able to bring them in this summer if we stay up but this January's window is going to be desperate.

gonna be a case of just getting some bodies in to pad out the squad.

no one of any quality is going to join us in january,

Contract runs out in the Summer I think. Way better than our current options but perennially knackered and will be ruled out due to bring an OAP.

He is injury prone as it is.  He might as well announce his immediate retirement if he signs for us because he would have no chance of ever being fit enough to play even a single minute.

Carrick underrated? :spit:  Struggling to think of a more overrated midfielder. Better than Anita, though, I suppose.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/05/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-united-problems

Carrick mentioned a lot in a few papers. However, as the goofy one says he won't be coming though.

An already complex task is further complicated by his ostensibly laudable attempts to wean a young, inexperienced squad off the direct counterattacking tactics adopted by Alan Pardew

She spelled 'Eye AIDS inducing hoofball' wrong.

its one thing targeting and going for players, but why would anyone decent even consider moving here in January whilst where odds-on to go down.

we might be able to bring them in this summer if we stay up but this January's window is going to be desperate.

gonna be a case of just getting some bodies in to pad out the squad.

no one of any quality is going to join us in january,

Plenty of players will still come regardless of where a side is in the league.  Example, Remy to QPR when they were bottom of the league with only 14 points from 22 games.

I find any faith in Sissoko ridiculous, he can turn beast mode once in a while but he is mostly shit. Thinks he's too good for this team, on his day he is but is way too inconsistent for a champions league club to trust, and if one is more fool them.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/05/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-united-problems

Seems to indicate no spending splurge in January  :lol:

I find the faith in Sissoko as a CM hilarious. 3 managers have been here, he's started as CM..... has he ever? It's not going to happen.

Two utterly shite managers and one who is like a rabbit in the headlights tbf.

Has to be worth a shot at some stage simply because he could not be worse than our actual CM options.

Yes I'm sure another injury prone midfielder who strolls around the centre circle at a leisurely pace is just what we need.

I find the faith in Sissoko as a CM hilarious. 3 managers have been here, he's started as CM..... has he ever? It's not going to happen.

Says more about the managers tbh, the fact his international manager has more faith in him as a CM says it all. Not to mention he was a CM before he came here.