NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carr's remit is to provide players that are quality and provide sell on value. So we'll end up buying MYM or Mbemba rather than a 28 yr old 6'4 centre back who might be what the team needs but won't turn a profit. It's not even like they try to hide this policy. Not that there's anything wrong with either MYM or Mbemba, but we clearly need some height in that position.

Im not even a football scout and know Van Dijk, James Chester, Jonny Evans, Nastasic and Niklas Sule were all available in the summer are in within our price range (10m) and will probably double in value if they play well enough in the Premier League.

They just wanted scrimp and save and make do with Colo. More money in the bank meaning more interest.

Alreet Peter Ridsdale.

Guest Roger Kint

Carr pretty much has the final say on who to go for, they have a bloke called Steve Nickson who is supposedly very good at identifying talent (Perez for example) however, it is Carr who is the go/ no go bloke. Carr has been a manager and a scout for a long long time; you therefore have to seriously question some of our summer transfers, especially the Thauvin deal. We know the model but the model also has to fit the team needs. Carr needs to get more criticism and you would be forgiven for asking what's in it for him.

We go round in circles with Carr and the 'failed' transfers and no one, either those who blame him or those who don't, really know the full extent of what goes on and just how highly he rates the players we end up buying. Nor, I suppose, how heavily weighted the 'potential' factor is these days, I suspect very personally.

I'm inclined to believe a lot of the issues will lie at Charnley's door because he seems like he's incapable of reconciling the reality of what's going on on the pitch with his balance sheets.  Sticking with Pardew and Carver prove this beyond doubt. 

Also it wasn't Carr who extended Colo's contract, supposedly against the wishes of the head coach who asked for an upgrade at CB, for example.

I'm told that Carr has more influence than Charnley, Colo's contract was extended due to inability to bring in another CB. I've no doubt that McClaren would love to bring his own players in but that's not the case.

You have to wonder what Agents do with all the money they receive from a transfer and where it all ends up. You have Agents agitating for moves where their own player doesn't want to move and where clubs don't actually need the player. Yet these transfers still happen.

Hads on. Colo extended because we couldn't bring in another CB but Carr has more say? Makes no sense whatsoever. Carr doesn't control the purse strings, not a fucking chance, and the chances he couldn't identify a better CB than Colo are also less than zero.

Colo extended his contract on 6th August. Must have dreamt other clubs managing to sign players in the following 25 days :lol:

Carr's remit is to provide players that are quality and provide sell on value. So we'll end up buying MYM or Mbemba rather than a 28 yr old 6'4 centre back who might be what the team needs but won't turn a profit. It's not even like they try to hide this policy. Not that there's anything wrong with either MYM or Mbemba, but we clearly need some height in that position.

It's self defeating to stick to it exclusively, that's the weird thing. An experienced CB and DM would get another 20% out of all these young imports and we would get the money back that way.

Guest neesy111

Im not even a football scout and know Van Dijk, James Chester, Jonny Evans, Nastasic and Niklas Sule were all available in the summer are in within our price range (10m) and will probably double in value if they play well enough in the Premier League.

They just wanted scrimp and save and make do with Colo. More money in the bank meaning more interest.

Alreet Peter Ridsdale.

Nah more Alexandre Gaydamak.

Don't even think Levy will need to try, there will be plenty of clubs willing to stump up 10m plus for an England international, and that's before you consider they might try to use him as a makeweight in a deal for say Berahino or God forbid f***ing Perez :anguish:

That's what worries me if dealing with Spurs.

The next few weeks are really important. Build on these two wins and we can buy with a longer term outlook and hopefully try to really kick on.

It would have been grim trying to convince quality players to join in January with less than 15 points.

Either way, I'm probably just excited after today and we'll be complete cunts in January regardless of our situation.