NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not like HBA would still be here either if PSG, Arsenal or Chelsea came calling (in the hypothetical world where he wasn't forced out)

Well, we saw to that didn't we?

Yes, as I said

We never actually got to see him put in the proper performances b/c he was frozen out or benched or scapegoated. Had he been doing what he's doing today in France over here given the proper handling by a manager who didn't refer to himself as royalty or in the 3rd person via nickname we maybe would have climbed up the table and stayed longer and bla bla bla

Make a profit on the £15m. :lol:

So effectively a club record transfer to bring him back.

I mean, it won't happen, but you could also look at it as sold for 35m, rebought for 18m ... so we're paid 17m for him to develop at undoubtedly far better places in Liverpool and West Ham whilst not being Pardewed.

Make a profit on the £15m. [emoji38]

I mean, it won't happen, but you could also look at it as sold for 35m, rebought for 18m ... so we're paid 17m for him to develop at undoubtedly far better places in Liverpool and West Ham whilst not being Pardewed.

He's been injured about 90% of the time though, not much time for developing [emoji38]

If Palace decide to make an offer I think we can count ourselves out, like.

Can't compete with the likes of Crystal Palace :(

Won't compete you mean.  They'll chuck money at him and we'd only offer him what we think is reasonable, despite the fact we're in a position where we have to do whatever it takes to stay up.

Make a profit on the £15m. :lol:

But we'd still be paying for nothing, he'll be injured within a month, completely finished as a Footballer at this point.

If Palace decide to make an offer I think we can count ourselves out, like.

Can't compete with the likes of Crystal Palace :(

Won't compete you mean.  They'll chuck money at him and we'd only offer him what we think is reasonable, despite the fact we're in a position where we have to do whatever it takes to stay up.

We 'won't compete' with ANY club that has ambition - end of.

Again short sighted. His stock his low right now, get him in while we can. If we don't, he gets fit by Feb, then looks a beast for final few months and his fee goes up and more clubs get interested. We lose out as he signs for someone else.

We never strike with the iron is hot. We know he's quality, we just like to gamble on getting people for even cheaper.

I can't see the point in buying an injured player. We're in trouble and we need legs on the pitch right now.

You're right, although we do need a LB eventually. On top of buying our essentials, we may as well add Jetro in for LB as well if we really believe he is quality. He'd be fit before the end of season and still can contribute. Otherwise we get to end of year and potentially lose him and have to look elsewhere.

I can't see the point in buying an injured player. We're in trouble and we need legs on the pitch right now.

You're right, although we do need a LB eventually. On top of buying our essentials, we may as well add Jetro in for LB as well if we really believe he is quality. He'd be fit before the end of season and still can contribute. Otherwise we get to end of year and potentially lose him and have to look elsewhere.

Would he pass a medical if he is out injured ?

Would he pass a medical if he is out injured ?

It depends. If the medical shows he has the injury the club mentioned and it's on it's way to recovery, then it's fine? - Medicals are more about whether the player has deep underlying issues that may cause reoccurring injuries or potentially career ending ones.

It's not impossible to sign a player while he's injured.

As it stands, I'm not a fan of signing a LB right now, I want a CM, CB and CF asap. If we get all those in and Jetro is available on a cheaper deal now, I'd be happy for us to be proactive and wrap it up now.