NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We have Riviere and Toney :lol: Plus Perez (sort of).  Cisse is allegedly not that far away, either. 

I just remember reading they're supposed to be happy with the defensive options and I worry they might feel the same regarding strikers.  I'm probably just worrying over nowt.  But we need another striker.  Problem is, we often just play one up top and we have to convince someone to come here.  Are we going to get someone who regularly plays ahead of Mitrovic? 

It's kind of like Arsenal needing a new striker.  Who are they going to realistically get, that will play ahead of Giroud?  Who is decent enough, that will sign, just to sit on the bench.  Obviously, our's is the poor man's version. 

Hope they don't gamble on it until the end of the season.  Mitrovic is never going to be prolific and Cisse is shit. 

We have Riviere and Toney :lol: Plus Perez (sort of).  Cisse is allegedly not that far away, either. 

I just remember reading they're supposed to be happy with the defensive options and I worry they might feel the same regarding strikers.  I'm probably just worrying over nowt.  But we need another striker.  Problem is, we often just play one up top and we have to convince someone to come here.  Are we going to get someone who regularly plays ahead of Mitrovic? 

It's kind of like Arsenal needing a new striker.  Who are they going to realistically get, that will play ahead of Giroud?  Who is decent enough, that will sign, just to sit on the bench.  Obviously, our's is the poor man's version. 

Hope they don't gamble on it until the end of the season.  Mitrovic is never going to be prolific and Cisse is s***. 

We don't score enough goals and concede too many until this is resolved we will be in the relegation figth all the way to the end. Over to you fact cunt but I'm not holding my breath.

Hope they don't gamble on it until the end of the season.  Mitrovic is never going to be prolific and Cisse is shit. 

I don't think we'll get a striker either, that's why McClaren was making such a big deal about Riviere being fit again, although I don't think he was even on the bench yesterday was he?

pace is an absolute must for a striker we buy, imo.

This is spot-on. I wouldn't bother with one that isn't quick at this stage.

A young Bellamyesque player would be the perfect foil for Mitro and create space for Gini to run into.

Exactly the player I thought of when mulling over what we need. A young Craig Bellamy.

pace is an absolute must for a striker we buy, imo.

This is spot-on. I wouldn't bother with one that isn't quick at this stage.

A young Bellamyesque player would be the perfect foil for Mitro and create space for Gini to run into.

Exactly the player I thought of when mulling over what we need. A young Craig Bellamy.

Adam Armstrong?

is this andre gray fella quick? (i realise we probably cant sign him until summer, but if the interest is true, it may indicate what they are looking for).

Aye. I'd be amazed if Burnley let him go though

Riviere can play the Bellamy role to a degree I suppose, minus the goals obviously.

And the assists and intelligent movement.  Guess what we're really saying is he can wear a kit and be on a football pitch.

He can work the channels and harry defenders a fair bit I'm sure [emoji38]

is this andre gray fella quick? (i realise we probably cant sign him until summer, but if the interest is true, it may indicate what they are looking for).

Aye. I'd be amazed if Burnley let him go though

aye, this article suggests he's quick and strong:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13949910.Paul_Weller_column__Andre_Gray___s_pace_and_power_like_nothing_I___ve_seen_at_Burnley/?ref=mr&lp=20

Wide left forward has to be the priority, then a CB or LB. Play Wini behind Mitro with a new left winger/forward and have Perez as an impact sub.

Yes, exactly what we need to do. Rapid wide left forward.

I see Carroll's been ruled out another 4-6 weeks. Utterly useless player.

I assume it's the same people who like Colback, but I can't believe there's a contingent that wants him back. Barely plays at this point and hasn't been any better than "pretty good" in the five years since we shipped him out. Sure, there's a parallel universe where NUFC didn't sell him and he became the next Shearer, but in real life he's a huge waste of time.

That's purely down to his injuries like, if he can keep fit he walks into our side.

I think Colback is utter cack.

Even when healthy, he's not looked an impressive player for years. I'd much rather start Mitrovic and struggle through his learning process than bring back Carroll.

That's purely down to his injuries like, if he can keep fit he walks into our side.

I think Colback is utter cack.

Even when healthy, he's not looked an impressive player for years. I'd much rather start Mitrovic and struggle through his learning process than bring back Carroll.

Me too, but Carroll's main issue is his fitness and not his actual ability, it's always going to be difficult for players to find form when they're sidelined most of the season.

I'm speaking in hypotheticals anyway, not even sure why :lol: