The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Not sure why Dyche would go there. A sideways step in all honesty.

Definitely not. Look at the money Palace have spent on players recently. Plus you've got the Landan factor to enable him to attract better players.

Either way I'm interested to see how he does with a team that's expecting a bit more than constantly being the underdog.

I'd quite fancied Burnley to go down this season as well, not necessarily because of Dyche but they weren't that great towards the end of last season and making that transition of having to buy better quality can sometimes be a manager's undoing. Steve Bruce being the perfect example of that.

June 5th and still no one in place for the 3 relegated clubs, not sure I understand the logic, you've got the retained list to sort out pretty soon, pre-season to sort out, as we saw with McClaren leaving the administration staff to sort that out can has disastrous effects and of course shaping that playing staff. It's exactly 2 months to the start of the season for those 3 now, with a ton to do, especially for the mackems.

Guest chopey

June 5th and still no one in place for the 3 relegated clubs, not sure I understand the logic, you've got the retained list to sort out pretty soon, pre-season to sort out, as we saw with McClaren leaving the administration staff to sort that out can has disastrous effects and of course shaping that playing staff. It's exactly 2 months to the start of the season for those 3 now, with a ton to do, especially for the mackems.

I was thinking this, there must be a load of managers that would go to those clubs

Ex-Russia boss Leonid Slutsky, who has been strongly linked with Hull City, says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is helping him get a job in England.

Slutsky, 46, is reportedly set to take charge at Hull, who were relegated from the Premier League last season.

The former CSKA Moscow manager says he is Russian billionaire Abramovich's current "project" and has been learning English for five months.

"He is my friend and he tries to help me in the situation," said Slutsky.

Marco Silva resigned as Hull boss in May following the club's relegation to the Championship and Slutsky has emerged as the leading contender to replace the Portuguese, who has since taken over at Watford.

Slutsky won three Russian titles during his seven-year stint at CSKA, while also leading Russia to Euro 2016 after taking over from former England boss Fabio Capello.

"I have studied English and watched a lot of football matches," he told BBC World Service. "Not only Premier League... Championship and League One."

Slutsky said Abramovich, who has owned Premier League champions Chelsea since 2003, has done a lot to "help Russian football".

"He had an academy in Russia, invested a lot for infrastructure in Russian football," he added.

"He built about 300 artificial pitches and was sponsor of the Russian national team.

"Today, his project in Russian football is me."

Asked which English word he has learned that means the most to him, Slutsky added: "For me, in my situation today, maybe very important is 'dream'."

Get French Football‏ @GFFN 

AS Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim has agreed a 3-year-contract with Beijing Guoan worth €36m, according to A Bola.

:anguish: :anguish: Jardim can get lost, like. No one fancy building a team anymore?

Looks like he's losing all his players this summer to be fair.

He's losing a few but it sounds like Mbappe wants to stay and they've already bought Tielemans. They were set for a canny summer.

And he's rich either way, really. He was on the way to getting a big European gig if he just waited a bit.

He did build one, tbf. That's a disgusting amount of money to do practically nothing so cannot fault him one bit.

Hadn't even noticed the amount of money till you said that. Fucking hell :lol: Don't blame him one bit