The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Think Martinez will be safe at Everton just for what he has achieved with the, in the Europa (I think they'll beat Kiev in the next round as well). Might be judged after 10 games of next season when they're not in a European competition.

Think Martinez will be safe at Everton just for what he has achieved with the, in the Europa (I think they'll beat Kiev in the next round as well). Might be judged after 10 games of next season when they're not in a European competition.

probably right, Moyes was a bit yoyo in league position first few seasons and was kept on hard to see Kenwright changing that policy. Not quite sure how he can have so little knowledge on how to coach and organise a defense hell he's making what looked previously good defenders like Jagielka look a lot worse.

This is our worst league campaign (at this stage of a season) for 88 years. We're sleep walking to relegation while Martinez persists with the same ridiculous tactics, the same players constantly out of position and the same completely unbalanced formation every single week with no adjustments for the opposition or our own performances.

It's become glaringly obvious that last season was a case of Martinez benefiting from inheriting Moyes' defensive unit and giving the team a bit more freedom going forward. Now that he's been coaching the defence for 18 months, they've gone from one of the best in the league to a disaster zone.

My worry is that Kenwright is too much of a coward to sack him. The good form in Europe is clouding the issue too.

This is our worst league campaign (at this stage of a season) for 88 years. We're sleep walking to relegation while Martinez persists with the same ridiculous tactics, the same players constantly out of position and the same completely unbalanced formation every single week with no adjustments for the opposition or our own performances.

It's become glaringly obvious that last season was a case of Martinez benefiting from inheriting Moyes' defensive unit and giving the team a bit more freedom going forward. Now that he's been coaching the defence for 18 months, they've gone from one of the best in the league to a disaster zone.

My worry is that Kenwright is too much of a coward to sack him. The good form in Europe is clouding the issue too.

Worse than the Hans Segers season? That's bad.

Not a chance you'll actually go down mind - the way the bottom 3 are going you might even have enough points already!

I can't imagine Kenwright will let you spend two and a half seasons licking the ringpiece of relegation before doing something like Lerner did, at least.

I was surprised, until the other day I didn't notice you had sunk so slow.

You're edging down towards the dropzone in a cunningly stealthy manner.

I can't imagine Kenwright will let you spend two and a half seasons licking the ringpiece of relegation before doing something like Lerner did, at least.

I was surprised, until the other day I didn't notice you had sunk so slow.

You're edging down towards the dropzone in a cunningly stealthy manner.

He'll be there start of next season definitely. A good Europa run will paper the cracks.

My heart is bleeding, tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Martinez has something about him and while this season is undoubtedly poor and his teams seem incapable of defending, he is no Pardew or any other (insert name here) crap manager. I think several of his better players have all underperformed massively this season and he's also struggling to get the right balance going forward. Lukaku on the flank for example...

No chance Martinez will be sacked. Everton just did too well last year for that to happen. Mirrors very much our time with Pardew, following on from the 5th place, we had a teribad league campaign but got to the 1/4 finals in Europe. They'll survive more comfortably than we did that time and he has enough in the bank with the chairman to be given more time. Next year will be more interesting though, because if he continues with the way he was at Wigan, then I can't see the Everton fans standing for it, he'll be out before Christmas, especially if he follows that Wigan pattern of starting very slowly in the league.

Can't really work Martinez out, last year looked like he was one of the best managers in the league, looked like he had been crippled all these years with Wigan's small budget. But this year looks like he's back to the manager we saw at Wigan, just surviving on runs a great form at the end of a season.

Guest Howaythetoon

No chance Martinez will be sacked. Everton just did too well last year for that to happen. Mirrors very much our time with Pardew, following on from the 5th place, we had a teribad league campaign but got to the 1/4 finals in Europe. They'll survive more comfortably than we did that time and he has enough in the bank with the chairman to be given more time. Next year will be more interesting though, because if he continues with the way he was at Wigan, then I can't see the Everton fans standing for it, he'll be out before Christmas, especially if he follows that Wigan pattern of starting very slowly in the league.

Can't really work Martinez out, last year looked like he was one of the best managers in the league, looked like he had been crippled all these years with Wigan's small budget. But this year looks like he's back to the manager we saw at Wigan, just surviving on runs a great form at the end of a season.

He's very inconsistent and it seems he needs a very solid defence to bail him out and when that doesn't materialise, its a mess. Last season Everton had a reasonably solid and consistent defence I think and a good spine to the side. Lukaku has been a huge disappointment though and Barry, Baines and Jagielka have all underperformed while Barkley has been hit by injuries.

I'd have him here in a shot personally, I love his philosophy and his methods and I feel he probably works best when he has no real budget. He's a coach predominantly and a very good one.

Martinez has never changed to try and keep a side up and that'll stop him getting the top jobs. I harp back to it, but the game we beat Wigan when we were in that absolute dire run, the amount of times in the first 10-15 minutes I think it was Figueroa & Al Habsi fucked up by trying to play out of defence when we were repeatedly closing them down and forcing them into errors was ridiculous...and Martinez never changed it. People will say it's admirable, he stuck by his beliefs, etc. but it was suicide.

Guest Gino14

We usually collapse at Everton and at the bare minimum Martinez is more competent than Carver, so I fully expect them to destroy us, especially Lukaku.  He's not been in great form, but our defence is woeful.  That will probably keep them up, same as another collapse from us at Sunderland will keep them up as well.  We're the saviour of teams that can collapse into relegation.

Willo was fine against Lukaku in the away fixture last season. It was before he came on that the damage was done.

Captain Courageous and Mapou cowering springs to mind.

its fair to say we've all seen some fairly terrible defensive displays as nufc fans on pretty much a weekly basis for as long as we've been supporting the club but that really pissed me off more than the (many many) other times just because of how ridiculous the sight was of our cbs trying to run away from the ball in terror.