The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Why sack him now? I suspect he's a far better manager than Pearson (if that's who will come in), it would make far more sense to let him rebuild the club in the summer. I think he's the type that would honour a contract.

Vile club.

Why sack him now? I suspect he's a far better manager than Pearson (if that's who will come in), it would make far more sense to let him rebuild the club in the summer. I think he's the type that would honour a contract.

Vile club.

Unless they see Pearson as a better bet to bring them up, as he did with Leicester, once to the Championship from League One and then losing the play offs the following season, and obviously getting them to the Premier League in his second spell.

Knows the league and all that.

Can only assume that Garde didn't know the club had effectively already accepted relegation when he came in.

Seems strange all round really. Surely Villa could have borrowed a bit of money if needed, to have a stab at staying up? The PL is worth hundreds of millions.

Villa to get Pearson in now and rob us of points we were banking on in any attempt to stay up  :hmm:

This is a concern.

They'll be relegated long before they play us.  Right now they can get a maximum of 37 points if they win every one of their remaining games.  Lose the next two against Chelsea and Bournemouth and it'll likely be official.

Don't see why some on here are concerned that Garde has left. He wasn't the problem they were losing. Unless they get a great manager in or doing a 'Leicester' escape when we meet them, we should have the confidence to beat a battered, torn up, deflated relegated team.

A side that battled relegation sells 2 players to top 6 sides - haven't replaced them with players of similar quality.  Relegated.  Makes sense.  Both managers in an awkward position where they've done badly but it's not really their fault.  Much more blame to Sherwood if he was responsible for recruitment.  Cos that was awful.

Couldn't have imagined Neville would do so badly tbh. No new manager bounce. Record as bad as Carver, Shearer, the fella that managed Wolves after Mick left in the PL.

I don't know if I'm missing anything, but Shearer, Carver and Connor had far, far worse records than Neville like. :lol: Worse teams to be fair. Though Neville probably would have had a 50% win ratio if Negredo wasn't a clown.

Couldn't have imagined Neville would do so badly tbh. No new manager bounce. Record as bad as Carver, Shearer, the fella that managed Wolves after Mick left in the PL.

I don't know if I'm missing anything, but Shearer, Carver and Connor had far, far worse records than Neville like. :lol: Worse teams to be fair. Though Neville probably would have had a 50% win ratio if Negredo wasn't a clown.

Much worse teams though.  He won 3 league games or something.  In 13 with a top 6 squad.  They went from just outside the CL places when he was hired to 6 points from safety. 

I thought it was a great opportunity but it's turned into a nightmare.