The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

What's your definition on biggest? Real Madrid are a better side. Man United are the most valuable club with the most fans, or "fans" before someone tries to be funny.

Taking "everything" into consideration. Quality of the squad, reputation, value, stadium, fan base...

Aye well then Man United are bigger.

And do Man U really have more fans worldwide? Sounds strange to me.

They are easily the most supported team in the world by a distance.

Aye, but that's all they've got over Madrid

Higher value of club, more revenue, higher average attendance...

It's more than Real Madrid are a better side, and that's all they've got over Man United. Pretty important mind. :lol:

Yeap, this is just a blip for you's.  The way people are talking on here you'd think man utd are going to be struggling for years to come.

They already have been struggling for 5-6 years and bringing in a string of managers, including one of the best around hasn't changed that.

Quite comical despite how badly we are ran, we have a far better manager than Man Utd currently (the biggest football club in the world).

Seen this a couple of times now, surely Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world.

What's your definition on biggest? Real Madrid are a better side. Man United are the most valuable club with the most fans, or "fans" before someone tries to be funny.

Taking "everything" into consideration. Quality of the squad, reputation, value, stadium, fan base...

Aye well then Man United are bigger.

And do Man U really have more fans worldwide? Sounds strange to me.

They are easily the most supported team in the world by a distance.

Aye, but that's all they've got over Madrid

Higher value of club, more revenue, higher average attendance...

It's more than Real Madrid are a better side, and that's all they've got over Man United. Pretty important mind. :lol:

Yeap, this is just a blip for you's.  The way people are talking on here you'd think man utd are going to be struggling for years to come.

They already have been struggling for 5-6 years and bringing in a string of managers, including one of the best around hasn't changed that.

Bit or a high praise to give Moyesey tbh.

Think you’re slightly underrating Man Utd there TBH. Loads of money, massive global appeal. Average players in a lot of positions but nothing a couple of transfer windows can’t fix.

Questions about how effective the board etc are, but still huge potential.

Spurs in a great place as well though, they’ve got a microbrewery and cheese room now.

In the context of a comparison with Spurs right now though, there's no argument who the more attractive club is. Poch is in the middle of a project at the moment and I don't think there's anything he can do at Man United he couldn't do at Spurs.

at this very moment sure spurs are a bit better but I don't think the gap between them is all that big and Man Utd can and will spend way more than Spurs on transfers and wages. Also there's no room for error with Spurs one bad season finishing outside the champions league and you will have players who want to leave and everything might fall apart.

Think you’re slightly underrating Man Utd there TBH. Loads of money, massive global appeal. Average players in a lot of positions but nothing a couple of transfer windows can’t fix.

Questions about how effective the board etc are, but still huge potential.

Spurs in a great place as well though, they’ve got a microbrewery and cheese room now.

In the context of a comparison with Spurs right now though, there's no argument who the more attractive club is. Poch is in the middle of a project at the moment and I don't think there's anything he can do at Man United he couldn't do at Spurs.

at this very moment sure spurs are a bit better but I don't think the gap between them is all that big and Man Utd can and will spend way more than Spurs on transfers and wages. Also there's no room for error with Spurs one bad season finishing outside the champions league and you will have players who want to leave and everything might fall apart.

This is it.

Spurs may be ahead right now but overall its not far ahead in the grand scheme of things. And that's all on the back of Man U being in their worst state for about twenty five years, and Spurs being in their best shape since God knows when.

I don't want Poch to go to them, and I sure as hell don't want Man U to pick back up, as Froggy deserves to suffer immensely. But I think they've a chance of persuading him to jump ship.

As it stands, managing ManU is far more prestigious than managing Spurs. That’s not to say Poch should take the job, but it’s totally understandable if he does.

Absolutely true.

But for me the reason ManU is so prestigious is because of a manager who stayed till the end and built it into a giant. So it would be weird and ironic for Poch to jump from what looks like the start of a new era in footy to go to ManU. He'd be walking away from the exact thing ManU was built on. The exact thing that now has ManU as one of the biggest clubs.

Spurs are going places, it seems. He could be a legend there. 

:thup: agreed. Plus they’re getting that sexy new stadium with the cheese shop.

Getting back to OGS' coaching, but I think the stats people have established that passes into the box are far more likely to lead to goals than shooting from outside the area.

It is perhaps typical NUFC irony that the team best at passing into and around the box, Man City, beat us with a thunderbolt from 35 yards out. City seem to get one from a far post runner in all their other games.

From a neutral point of view I think it would be depressing as fuck if Pochettino went to Man Utd. Spurs legitimately have the potential to become one of the top sides in Europe. If they won the league in two or three or four years time, it would be a tremendous example of building something special. It would obviously take a massive effort, and quite a bit of patience, but the infrastructure appears to be there and they're already a brilliant team. To leave that just for the sake of a bash at bringing ManU back to the top? Yawn. He's still such a young manager too, don't see why he'd be in a mad rush to get the alleged 'top job'.

Because of the stadium, in the short term, I'm not sure they do. They'll not splash the cash to bridge ghe gap between them and Liverpool. In 5 years time, aye they'll be setup strongly but stilll behind at least 4 other clubs in the division although a bit closer.

As it stands, managing ManU is far more prestigious than managing Spurs. That’s not to say Poch should take the job, but it’s totally understandable if he does.

Absolutely true.

But for me the reason ManU is so prestigious is because of a manager who stayed till the end and built it into a giant. So it would be weird and ironic for Poch to jump from what looks like the start of a new era in footy to go to ManU. He'd be walking away from the exact thing ManU was built on. The exact thing that now has ManU as one of the biggest clubs.

Spurs are going places, it seems. He could be a legend there. 

Msn Utd were the second or third most successful English club in history before Ferguson arrived. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Guest Howaythetoon

I wouldn’t use OGS’s time at Cardiff as a gauge of his abilities or lack of where he undoubtedly didn’t do a good job, I then he has something and appointing him until the end of the season, although risky, is less of a risk than giving it to Carrick who had zero experience as a manager.

The perfect man would have been Hiddink, but I don’t know what he’s doing right now. Even if OGS does well, Man Utd need a modern full-time top-class manager with more expience and pedigree and they should go all out for someone like Poch which I’m sure is someone who will be top of their list.

Arguments as to why he would leave Spurs right now have merit, but Man Utd is one of the top jobs in the game and any self respecting manager who wants to be a top boss would always want to manage a club like Man Utd when the opportunity comes around, I think despite what he has achieved at Spurs and what he has, Man Utd would be too big a job to turn down

Back to OGS and Mourinho, the former I feel will have a similar effect on players and fans Roeder did for us replacing Souness. We obviously went onto give Roader the job permanently and it ended up as a huge mistake. I don’t think Man Utd will make the same kind of mistake, they can’t.

Mourinho you feel never seems to have a feel for whatever club he’s managing or develops a special relationship with and in the modern game any manager needs to have that for their club. Rafa has been labelled as cold and aloof, but he has been the total opposite with the club, fans and backroom staff. He’s even mellowed with the players.

Mourinho seems to rage war and has no kind of respect or affinity with a club and now its players. It’s all about him. It wouldn’t surprise me if he dislikes what a Man Utd stands for and how players today have lives outside of the training ground, and he is either unwilling to change or simply can’t. He’s no longer the special one, that doesn’t impress anyone at a Man Utd as it did at Chelsea and Inter, two success starved clubs or underdogs vs their rials whose players were success starved and desperate to be the special ones too.

He’s a great manager though, but he needs time out and to take over a club where being the special ones means promotion, staying up or winning a cup. Maybe then he will get his mojo back. He has nothing to prove to anyone, just himself.

I honestly have no idea what you're basing those opinions on. I can only assume both of you don't watch Man United very often. He's an excellent player. Genuinely baffled. Speak to any Manchester United fan and he'll be one of the only ones exempt from any criticism whatsoever. He's in the top 5 performance wise for the club in the last 2/3 years.

Class in what respect? he runs around a ton, commits snide fouls, and passes 5 yards. :lol: boss player

Do some research by the way. This is nuts. His numbers in terms of interceptions, tackles, passes etc. rivals Kante. "runs around a lot" :lol: Absolute madness.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno, I wouldn't claim to know more about players than the fans of a club, but it might also be a can't see the wood for the trees situation. For a club like Man United I honestly think he's terrible, he might not do anything obviously and noticeably wrong, but that's not good enough, Man United should have players in midfield that pull something off that you didn't even see. It's not that long ago that you had Carrick and Scholes. He's also a horrible little shit cunt snitch. I can't remember a player I've wanted to lamp more tbh, he's a proper little dweeb. :lol: