The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Looks like The Chels want Maresca. Mad really. Wasn’t even that loved by Leicester fans when they were winning every week.

Trying to find a better word for it but I feel Chelsea are just going for managers who would be 'grateful' to be given such a top job rather than an elite manager who could potentially rock the boat like Poch

McKenna, Maresca, Frank, de Zerbi none of those have ever really had a job with such an elite club

Rightly so, he’s done nothing to deserve the Bayern job. Nothing whatsoever. Honestly it can’t be underestimated how bad a job he’s made of it at Burnley this year. But, they see something which hasn’t been evidenced with his results, man management, tactics and motivation or player trading. 

Posted (edited)

But by letting poch go they could be back to the mess they were before hiring him, it's a massive risk I think boehly thinks the teams great now and anyone can do the job. 

Edited by andycap

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Rightly so, he’s done nothing to deserve the Bayern job. Nothing whatsoever. Honestly it can’t be underestimated how bad a job he’s made of it at Burnley this year. But, they see something which hasn’t been evidenced with his results, man management, tactics and motivation or player trading. 

I think it must come down to his style of play and they think bayerns players would suit it well. Better quality bigger budget basically do an alonso they hope. 

We’ll see but their fans aren’t happy with a “Championship” manager. Bayern have to win the league, that’s what they demand, and I don’t think he’s capable of that. He hasn’t shown to be very adaptable. Could make or break his career though. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

We’ll see but their fans aren’t happy with a “Championship” manager. Bayern have to win the league, that’s what they demand, and I don’t think he’s capable of that. He hasn’t shown to be very adaptable. Could make or break his career though. 

It'll depend on if alonso can keep there momentum going next season. Or if bayern just buy there best players that's what they normally do. 

23 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Can't say i watched too much of Burnley but I thought they looked good against us tbh. Better players with that style of football and I can see him doing quite well tbf. 

Whether he has the gravitas to get absolute superstars to buy into his principles is a totally up in the air though. 

24 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Trying to find a better word for it but I feel Chelsea are just going for managers who would be 'grateful' to be given such a top job rather than an elite manager who could potentially rock the boat like Poch

McKenna, Maresca, Frank, de Zerbi none of those have ever really had a job with such an elite club

A yes man?

Maresca to Chelsea is destined to fail right? I can't see any way he does even a half decent job their.

14 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

This is insane self-harm from Chelsea. Love it.

Definitely.

Reckon De Zerbi would have been a better fit for them I'd have thought 

34 minutes ago, 54 said:

Maresca to Chelsea is destined to fail right? I can't see any way he does even a half decent job their.

Logic is the last Pep acolyte to go off on their own has his team in 2nd place to Pep. “Pep 3.0” in Maresca.

Primark Pep more like.

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

Leicester fans aren’t even that big on him.

38 minutes ago, 54 said:

Anyone to Chelsea is destined to fail when the owners are signing players. That Moneyball movie has a lot to answer for.