The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Everyone was writing off Ranieri tbf, really want him to win the league as he's just so lovely and cuddly. Got a Bobby Robson manner about him, doesn't take the media stuff too seriously and always has a joke or 2.

For someone with a rather successful managerial career and who's managed quite a few big clubs, he hasn't won much of consequence. UEFA Super Cup and Copa del Rey with Valencia, Coppa Italia with Fiorentina. It would be nice to see him win the league.

Aye I'm not arsed about his record, I think he'd be a very sensitive lover.

• 2 weeks later...

Italian papers saying Conte's going, Spanish papers saying Simeone may be and English papers saying Abramovich is considering Hiddink full time.

I dont think anyone will guess this one correctly just yet.

Everyone was writing off Ranieri tbf, really want him to win the league as he's just so lovely and cuddly. Got a Bobby Robson manner about him, doesn't take the media stuff too seriously and always has a joke or 2.

I've always liked him as a person, but thought he was a terrible, terrible manager being given a string of gigs he didn't deserve. Would have put Leicester as 20 in my league predictions at the beginning of the season :lol:

He is very affable and I'll be happy for him if he wins though. Rather them than Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...

A statement from MFC...

Middlesbrough Football Club can confirm that Aitor Karanka did not take training on Saturday morning.

Assistant Head Coach Steve Agnew will take charge of the team for Sunday’s fixture at Charlton Athletic.

We appreciate supporters will want to know further details, but at this time the club cannot make any further comment and is solely focused on Sunday's game at The Valle

Read more at http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-boro-aitor-karanka-steve-agnew-3002729.aspx#dMAeoqbOjiSIM8ww.99

Sounds like a mess.

Think the fans were telling him to play 2 up front and when he eventually did against Blackburn  (I think) they lost  and blamed the fans pressure. With the money they've spent and the squad they've got them and Derby should be walking the league

Arsenal fans man, 'We can realistically win the FA Cup for the 3rd year in a row and are always in the CL, but let's sack the manger who made us what we are'.

The pressure is rightfully on Wenger this year like, considering what other clubs are doing at the top of the league. He also still hasn't strengthened at CB, CM and striker which they have been missing for years.

Arsenal fans man, 'We can realistically win the FA Cup for the 3rd year in a row and are always in the CL, but let's sack the manger who made us what we are'.

The pressure is rightfully on Wenger this year like, considering what other clubs are doing at the top of the league. He also still hasn't strengthened at CB, CM and striker which they have been missing for years.

The thing is though they are still in the PL title race. No club can insist on winning things, even the two biggest clubs (Barcelona and Madrid) always have each other in competition for the title.

All valid but the banners directed at Wenger are embarrassing. One of the greatest managers the club and the country have and will ever see.

All valid but the banners directed at Wenger are embarrassing. One of the greatest managers the club and the country have and will ever see.

Completely agree, it's one thing wanting him out, but their actions are a disgrace.

There's always a time to move on though, personally i think Wenger was past it last season. My Arsenal supporting mates basically look at it like " I hope he goes this season and we name the stadium after him " I think most of their fanbase respect what he's done for them and he'll always be a legend to them but there's time and a place to move on and IMO we are just about getting there.

The thing is though they are still in the PL title race. No club can insist on winning things, even the two biggest clubs (Barcelona and Madrid) always have each other in competition for the title.

I think a lot of it is frustration, every season is Groundhog Day for them, and Wenger has done nothing to change them.