The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Guest neesy111

Absolutely ridiculous that. I know you can't live off the past but he deserved better than that. At least deserved the second leg.

They could be in the relegation zone by then though.

It's their level. If they finished 17th last season it would have been a success. He's given the club its greatest ever moment, made them a name worldwide, and they're a 1-0 win at home away from the last 8 of the Champions League.Aye they spent pretty decent money but they still have 4-5 first team players who are barely Premier League level.

Well if it is their level, then they are in the worst form out of any team in the country.  Something had to break at some point.

I actually think him being sacked is better than him staying and taking them down, that really would be sad for all parties.

Wow ... Ranieri got ditched huh? That's pretty crazy. Had to just let him have the season, surely.

Unless they have someone incredible lined up this is just really pathetic. Even if they do, it's still so forced man ... oh well.

on the one hand you can't argue with it, their form is beyond diabolical and the players don't look like they're even trying for him anymore tbh, forget about the money etc (though the board obviously haven't) they can't let themselves go down just to save the reputation of last years title win. But right after one of their better results in a long time that gives them half a chance in the champions league and maybe some confidence for the next league game? Weird.

Put it another way. Rafa wins us the title in 2 years time with a similar sort of squad to what we go up with, takes us to a realistic win at home for a place in the Quarters of the Champions League, but has us 17th. Would you have him sacked?

Fuck no.

How can people say relegation is their level with a team that won the title and invested massively in the summer? Yes they obviously massively overachieved last season but there are so many poor sides from 7th down that they shouldn't be anywhere near where they are. The same team is in the knockout rounds of the Champions league.

The players and the manager have treat the league like a bit of a joke from the start of the season. They've rested their best players and fielded weakened sides in big games and barely put any effort in most other weeks. It's fair enough that they wanted to give European football a proper shot but there has to be a balance where you aren't just throwing games in the league and hoping 3 teams finish below you.

Put it another way. Rafa wins us the title in 2 years time with a similar sort of squad to what we go up with, takes us to a realistic win at home for a place in the Quarters of the Champions League, but has us 17th. Would you have him sacked?

Absolutely not.

It's funny, when you put it this way, it really makes their decision seem even more harsh.

I can't really make my mind up. On the one hand, I can understand not wanting to jeopardise having Premier League status, and all the spoils that come with it - not just income.

But for fuck fuckings sake. Surely to God he'd earned the time to keep them up? It's not like they're adrift, meanwhile have enjoyed a cracking European campaign by their minuscule standards and have a real fighting chance of progressing.

It's just sad as fuck and I think, all sides of the argument considered, it just boils down to the state of the modern game. It's a shame he won't last, but then again who does... sorta thing.

Guest neesy111

I feel heartless having seen everyone's reaction on here and Twitter :lol:

But doesn't sacking Ranieri now SAVE his legacy? Watching him get relegated would've been so sad.

It's what I've said earlier, would have been worse if he took them down.

I just think he deserved the chance to turn it around and keep them up. Surely there was enough goodwill in the bank after delivering the title last year? I know it's ruthless but really feel for the bloke.

Queue a million Arsenal Fan TV videos being uploaded: "Leicester sacked Ranieri and he won them the facking LEAGUE, innit fam, blud, you get me, why can't we do that, why is everything ruined forever blud, I'm sick of it, Wenger Wenger blud fam Wenger deserve blud blud fam Wenger...." etc.

Guest neesy111

They could have went down and he'd have got them up straight away. Clough took Forest down and no one thinks any less of him.

Completely different context and era though.

Queue a million Arsenal Fan TV videos being uploaded: "Leicester sacked Ranieri and he won them the facking LEAGUE, innit fam, blud, you get me, why can't we do that, why is everything ruined forever blud, I'm sick of it, Wenger Wenger blud fam Wenger deserve blud blud fam Wenger...." etc.

:lol: :clap:

The sacking is definitely justifiable imo. The fairy tale of last season is over, whether he stays or goes, so it shouldn't cloud judgement from here on in. As it stands they seemed to be in an irreversible slide into the Championship. They're been absolute dog shit, 92nd in English form table apparently. Sacking him doesn't mean he didn't do a fucking brilliant job last year, it just means the owners have lost faith in him turning it around which is understandable. I mean how long do you give him? Until it's too late? Also look at the new manager bounce Hull and Swansea got when they changed it up.

A weird way of looking at it, but I actually really rate Leicester's owners for having the bollocks to do this. They know they're gonna take pelters, but have done it for the good of the club.

You just know they're going to try and dumb down his role in last year's title win again now. Implying once again that it was the glorius previous works of the magnificent PFM Nigel Pearson.

Seen a Leicester fan tweet earlier saying Kante played a bigger part than Ranieri.

The expectations from the club in their own statement announcing the sacking was to survive relegation, they are just about managing that at present - don't see what he's done wrong personally.

If anyone deserves any sort of chance to finish the season, it's him.

0 league goals in 2017 is not managing it, everyone below them is showing something while their form is as bad as it gets.