The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Did we pay Blackburn to get Souness?

Yes.

:lol:

What a time to be alive.

Think it was around £3.5m as well  :lol:

IIRC, Souness left for us and Carver took charge of our next game which was against Blackburn Rovers, they were a total mess and we had just given them 3.5 mil for their divvy manager.

I think we beat them 3-0 at a canter.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Everton have a habit of doing this. Martinez has a good season, followed by a bad one and then they get rid. Now Koemam who cannot be a bad manager overnight. They are in danger of becoming a bit like the mackems when it comes to managers, boom and bust etc. Obviously at a higher level. It could be a dangerous precedent. Perhaps he should have seen the season out. Lakaku in that side and they would probably be fine. I wonder how much Rooney was forced on him also. Sometimes a club has to stick by their manager who last season was the dogs bollocks. Not many managers can have continuous improved success, not at a club like Everton, surely a blip or a bad season can be accepted? This is the way of the PL now, only Wenger is really safe.

Guest Howaythetoon

True, but I remember after that good season, the following year he was pretty much a manager on the ropes. Everton's best run of success came under Moyes. I guess the money stakes these days makes it almost impossible for the vast majority of managers to survive a poor season.

Guest Howaythetoon

why would Carlo go to Everton? I guess Benitez came here. 

I reckon next summer Carlo will land a job in Milan or Paris. 

Can't see Carlo going to Everton like, he's the type of manager who wants to win titles and European Cups and doesn't strike me as a project type manager. They are more likely to get someone like Pellegrini or Mancini IMO.

I'd love to see them go back for Moyes or go for Pardew :lol:

why would Carlo go to Everton? I guess Benitez came here. 

I reckon next summer Carlo will land a job in Milan or Paris. 

Different personalities though, Rafa has been looking for a project since he left Liverpool. Don't really see the same for Ancelotti, i'll be shocked if he's not back at AC Milan tbh before the season is out.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's far too good for Everton like, if Mourino doesn't land the title/CL this season I'd go for him if I was Man Utd, his Chelsea side were very good to watch and he has pedigree.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't know what to make of Dyche. He has done an absolutely brilliant job at Burnley and clearly has something about him, but he has a bit of the Moyes about him. Some managers are the perfect fit for a certain club as Moyes was, maybe Dyche is similar with Burnley. Time will tell. He's arguably the best of a very bad bunch of shit British managers mind... hardly endorsing I know.