The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I reckon Hippoheed will be up for that Leicester job like

Great shout - already looks like a trademarked Allardyce side tbh.

Lumpy centre backs in Maguire and Morgan, tricky midfielder in Mahrez and Vardy grafting his bollocks off up top.

I reckon Hippoheed will be up for that Leicester job like

Yep, decent players who are underperforming - a bit of organisation and they'd steady a bit, make him look like a world class manager again before fucking off quickly enough to avoid the drop or having to challenge the top half.

Chalk up yet another caretaker manager given the job full time then failing massively almost immediately afterwards.

Absolutely agree with this. The daft clubs who went this route recently deserve everything they get. Luckily for us, Hughton turned out alright.

Hughton was the exact opposite, frankly he was appalling as a caretaker, he only got the gig because there was no one else left standing. He then becomes permanent an suddenly shows a great aptitude for the job, it was really weird.

Guest milburn990

I think they should just bring in Nigel Pearson, Ranieri won the title with his team, and he is still employed by them through their parent company.

I'll never understand why the literal Champions of England hired that weird non-entity of a man.

But it was him that masterminded their league win, not Ranieri, you know.

Kevin Phillips said so.

Indeed.

Leicester have had a hard start this season, but weren't far off getting something out of the high scoring games with Arsenal and Liverpool. I'd have expected them to rise up the league as the season progresses. As with Ranieri, it's all a bit kneejerk. Plenty of potential for another backwards appointment to come.

I'll never understand why the literal Champions of England hired that weird non-entity of a man.

Because that one season aside they are a non-entity of a football club tbh.

They got fucked over by player power as well. Once they had the title behind them they thought they were on easy street.

But seriously, are we, as Newcastle fans, just unnecessarily harsh to previous managers? Do the pundits and media see something we don't?

No. Souness failed, Roeder failed, Allardyce failed, Keegan was constructively dismissed, Kinnear failed, Shearer was handed a sinking ship, Hughton's sacking was a disgrace, Pardew was a complete cunt, his record post 2011/12 is almost ignored by the press. It's baffling. And fans from the outside fail to grasp how he belittled expectations and forced many supporters including some on here to walk away and lose interest in the club altogether. For me personally, that's unfathomable, but the fact Pardew drove some fans to that extent is fucking sacrilege. McClaren failed.

Chalk up yet another caretaker manager given the job full time then failing massively almost immediately afterwards.

It was as clear as day that this would happen. Why the fuck do clubs keep making this mistake?