The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

Wasn’t one of the reasons (or main reason) that he was sacked was because the players hated him or his methods? That could be an issue at Leicester with players like Mahrez and Vardy who seemingly have big personalities.

Sure I remembered reading that somewhere.

The irony, if that's true considering how well Ben Arfa got on with him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Worked a fair bit in Southampton last few months and by all accounts his team was functional, but boring, and he wasn't as animated as say their last two managers were on the touch line. General consensus though was that he didn't deserve to be sacked despite many not wanting him to remain. Wrong fit for them I supposed.

Wasn’t one of the reasons (or main reason) that he was sacked was because the players hated him or his methods? That could be an issue at Leicester with players like Mahrez and Vardy who seemingly have big personalities.

Sure I remembered reading that somewhere.

The irony, if that's true considering how well Ben Arfa got on with him.

Seemingly was true, majority of the media went with it:

Claude Puel has been sacked as the manager of Southampton after the club concluded that the players and fans were not behind him sufficiently and that he would not lead them to regular European football.

CLAUDE PUEL is fighting to save his job at Southampton after a string of training ground bust-ups

Sportsmail has been told that Puel has repeatedly clashed with numerous players this season who are unhappy with his erratic rotation policy, often changing half the starting XI for each match.

He is also wildly unpopular amongst many supporters who dislike his negative tactics.

Guest neesy111

They've started almost similar under Pellegrino in terms of goals?  Isn't it like 8 months since Shane Long and Charlie Austin scored?

Worked a fair bit in Southampton last few months and by all accounts his team was functional, but boring, and he wasn't as animated as say their last two managers were on the touch line. General consensus though was that he didn't deserve to be sacked despite many not wanting him to remain. Wrong fit for them I supposed.

Maybe it would be easier if you told us where you haven't worked in the last few months, as  you seem to be up and down the country talking football willy nilly.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe it would be easier if you told us where you haven't worked in the last few months, as  you seem to be up and down the country talking football willy nilly.

That's all I do going around the UK talking about football, great isn't it.

Great stuff. Maybe you should be documenting it in some form or another.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great stuff. Maybe you should be documenting it in some form or another.

I do, on here!

Tomorrow I'm in Newcastle, will speak to the locals see what the craic is about Rafa and shit.

If Everton appoint someone forrin', the Soccer Saturday lads will be up in arms again as to why Giggs, Pardew, Hippo head, Moyes, heck they'll even suggest good old 'Arry  again for not getting a chance to manage in the Premier League.

Guest Howaythetoon

I might have mentioned this before but I was in Birmingham (working of course) a few months back and they fucking hate Redknapp.

Guest neesy111

Purl didn't manage Hatem.  Hatem managed himself and get picked, that's it.  No one in the world can manage Hatem.

:lol: :lol:

Purl didn't manage Hatem.  Hatem managed himself and get picked, that's it.  No one in the world can manage Hatem.

Funnily enough there's probably more truth in that than you actually meant. When Hatem manages himself he makes it impossible not to be picked. Generally though he has little discipline and it doesn't last long.