The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I want it to happen because it just feels like it should.

It's the circle of life. It would be harsh as fuck on Eddie and probably set us back in the long run. 

I worry they'll look at the defensive fragility and decide it's the best course of action. 

He's such an utterly toxic characature these days.

He's like a bitter old uncle at a family funeral who's been cut of the inheritance and left a pair of shitty kegs.

Wanting Mourinho 10 years ago made sense as he was still elite

Mourinho in 2024 is not that guy, he's done at the very top level and he's just pure toxic

The likes of Pep/Klopp are levels above and would just embarrass him, I find the clamouring for Mourinho very strange 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Mourinho in 2024 is not that guy, he's done at the very top level and he's just pure toxic

The likes of Pep/Klopp are levels above and would just embarrass him, I find the clamouring for Mourinho very strange 

Agree except I don't think there's any clamouring, from fans or the club.  Just stories in the press that hate us and don't want us to do well, probably being fed by his agent.  If there ends up being anything in it I'd be shocked and disappointed.

Just now, Interpolic said:

Agree except I don't think there's any clamouring, from fans or the club.  Just stories in the press that hate us and don't want us to do well, probably being fed by his agent.  If there ends up being anything in it I'd be shocked and disappointed.

Read a football365 article saying he should go to Newcastle. Then said it would be bad for Newcastle but good to see Jose in the League again. 🤔

13 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

That's fair although there is a very tiny minority that seem keen on getting him because he's a "winner" and because it's "Mr Robsons club"

Sweden are having no luck finding a new manager. Mourinho should probably go into international management now. It would probably not be a good fit, and it won’t happen,  but right now I’d take it just for the show.

19 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's fair although there is a very tiny minority that seem keen on getting him because he's a "winner" and because it's "Mr Robsons club"

Fair enough, think we can hoy them in the "freak" bracket and not lose too much sleep though. 

Punditry is Jose's calling at this point. If he can be afforded.

People say Souness was good so why not. Jose can do arrogant, contentious and opinionatedness but would be able to back it up with a career in management.

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Looks like Woy under pressure again

Mou at Palace? 

Nah. The palace job is going to the sacked Forrest manager.

Mourinho will be out of management for a while. He will likely do the Euros as a pundit.

Then another daft European club will approach him for 2-3 years.

Hopefully not us.

On 16/01/2024 at 15:26, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think there's still a place for him in football, just not at the top level. He's like Rafa, the way he sets up will always give you a chance of winning a cup competition, but in the big leagues you need more expansive football. Ironically Roma was a great move for him and them when he went there.

On 16/01/2024 at 19:38, PeepShow4life said:

People bring up the Sir Bobby link but Sir Bobby would be disgusted by the way Mourinho treats his players and club staff. SBR would a class act, total opposite of Mourinho.

Totally agree on this. Never went along with the mourinho worship, even when he first came to the PL. He was classless and obscenely arrogant (like you say, the opposite of SBR) 

There was nothing refreshing or glorious the way Porto won the uefa cup, and dare I say it, made him a perfect match for Chelsea and the pro-chelsea loving press. 

I even watched the Tottenham 'all or nothing documentary' to get an insight into his management style and I thought then he was way less than ideal for us. 

Howe is a better man and manager right now 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Troy Deeney sacked after 6 games. Absolutely honking appointment. 

:lol: beautiful after that ridiculous interview after the last game. Bet the squad's pissing themselves. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: beautiful after that ridiculous interview after the last game. Bet the squad's pissing themselves. 

It’s the second interview he’s done like that. Should have got the bullet after the first one. 

24 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Troy Deeney sacked after 6 games. Absolutely honking appointment. 

Jesus...

I quite like Troy, but the bloke was fucked after that carcrash interview last week