The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

16 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

You'll be saying this a lot for the next few months.

It wasn't me it was the commentary tonight promoting tomorrow's game

Just now, Ben said:

It wasn't me it was the commentary tonight promoting tomorrow's game

I was talking about the fuck off part. Every liverpool game will mention klopps farewell tour. As sickening as the media fawning will get, try not to let it get to you. 😄

12 hours ago, MagSA said:

Not in the mood to think about this in broad terms around what he brought to the PL, he's been a twat past few seasons in general and specifically towards us so he can fuck right off.

ps: I might mellow about this tomorrow

The cunt loves attention, and he's level with Ferguson for mind games.

I honestly think this is just a ploy to generate full steam ahead for the rest of the season. He'll win his gongs and then make a huge emotional speech that he's going to stay.

The man has as much class as rose wests glory hole. 

Just now, El Prontonise said:

I don't see that at all, he's been burnt twice by moving to very big clubs.

I don’t think managers learn that lesson though. I do think he would be a success there and I’m sure he thinks it too. There are few managers who would turn down the opportunity to manage Barca, even nowadays 

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

If barca calls you take it. That being said, he’s very much for his own infrastructure set up at Villa. 

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Yep. Plus Barca are an absolute clown show at the minute and will surely come unstuck with their finances sooner or later. 

Of course the pull of such a massive club would be hard to turn down. If they were to come in for him. But I kind of see it as the same as Howe here. Perfect fit for the club they are at right now. With plenty of scope to keep improving. 

8 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Could some of this been a language thing to begin with? Plus Arsenal were already becoming a bit of a basket case towards the end of Wenger's time there. I think he'd find it very hard to turn Barca down. I know they're not the same club as they were but they're still mega, particularly if you're a Spanish manager with a point to prove.

Just on the next Liverpool manager, but Tchouameni and Jude Bellingham suggest Liverpool do not automatically get what their fans think are destined to have, especially when Real Madrid are involved.

If Alonso ultimately wants to go to Real, he may be better off waiting and not being the Liverpool manager charged with replacing Salah, VVD, and Alisson. Those three are world class, in or bordering on best all-time EPL eleven. I don't think their other players are anything like that level. Closest for a while was Mane. Luis Diaz started off like it, but maybe that injury has cost him half a yard.

Have the English press mentioned that Alonso also happened to win the World Cup and Euros with Spain or multiple titles with Real and Bayern, or is he just "that bloke who played for Liverpool"?

17 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Have the English press mentioned that Alonso also happened to win the World Cup and Euros with Spain or multiple titles with Real and Bayern, or is he just "that bloke who played for Liverpool"?

Apparently not. The misty eyed wankers start welling up at the slightest bit of bad news for their beloved LFC.

I reckon Klopp is full of shit. He's working everyone, it will gee up the players and supporters to put in herculean efforts to win every game. If it pays off then he will announce he was joking and what a masterstroke it was, if they don't win the league then he will leave. In a couple of years sam allerdyce will say he told him to do it.

For those of you not completely nauseated by the love in yet, oh boy - BBC 5 Live with special programming tomorrow evening with a 1 hour special called Auf Wiedersehen Klopp. I’m not even joking. Tomorrow’s drive home:

ill i feel sick GIF

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I don’t get it. He’s just leaving a club. Like, why is it such a big thing?

Did Fergie get this kind of stuff when he retired?

It’s Liverpool. Anyone thinking they get anything other than an almighty fluffing by the media needs to look at the last 72 hours for the real perspective.

3 hours ago, Stal said:

I reckon Klopp is full of shit. He's working everyone, it will gee up the players and supporters to put in herculean efforts to win every game. If it pays off then he will announce he was joking and what a masterstroke it was, if they don't win the league then he will leave. In a couple of years sam allerdyce will say he told him to do it.

You mean Steve Bruce told him surely!

Thought the pressure the Liverpool got to him and contorted him.

But, as others have pointed out he certainly had his moments of being quite the tossed in Germany so……