The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fucking hell, I've defended Southgate a canny bit because his record is still very good with England, but fucking hell, I would shit my legs off laughing if Man United appointed him manager. There's no way that can be true, it would be incredible. :lol:

I reckon this story could have some truth in it

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

I reckon this story could have some truth in it

Old Trafford does seem to have become a gathering point for some of Ratshit's old football mates down the years. Has a whiff of Mike Ashley about it, where Sir Jim seems to think he knows more about football than actual football people. I'm sure Southgate's a great guy, can't say I've ever been convinced there's a great football manager there. Man U just seems like the wrong job in every way possible.

Edited by TRon

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham want to be Spursey.

Went down an AVB rabbit hole. He's a rally car driver now.

I know you've probably done it to add context, but the way you have just quoted your previous post makes it look like you're just having a conversation with yourself :lol: 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

West Ham fans will hate that boring ball.

Doesn't play boring football? The difference he made to the style of play when he took over after Hughton was massive.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Doesn't play boring football? The difference he made to the style of play when he took over after Hughton was massive.

They didn’t score a lot of goals iirc. RDZ took them to another level. 

My idea of Potter ball is rather slow and controlled build up. 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

have you seen the style of football under the current West Ham manager?

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Graham Potter has turned down the Ajax job. Wonder where he'll end up

England, though Man U could do a lot worse than him as well IMO. 

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

They created loads of chances, just didn't have a striker to put them away.

Potter would be a huge step up from Moyes in terms of the football they'd play. 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Potter linked with Man Utd, looks like Asworth has been doing some moonlighting during his gardening leave.

Disappointing they’re not going to ride the Southgate Express.

49 minutes ago, Ben said:

Potter linked with Man Utd, looks like Asworth has been doing some moonlighting during his gardening leave.

I reckon he'd get the Chelsea treatment from the fans and be seen as someone who is beneath them and would end up under pressure quite quickly. 

Still though. Do a job for a few months and enjoy the payoff afterwards. Take a leaf out of his boss's book. 

Think Potter would actually be a very good fit for them. Depends really on whether there’s a manager out there that can get rid of the toxicity. It’s been around for so long and I don’t know if you can get rid of it when the Glazers are still majority owners 

57 minutes ago, Cf said:

I reckon he'd get the Chelsea treatment from the fans and be seen as someone who is beneath them and would end up under pressure quite quickly. 

That would never happen at us. Our fanbase as a whole is generally against sacking managers, rightly or wrongly.

I wouldn't want Potter over Ten Hag, but I'd much rather him than Southgate. :lol: Until we have someone who can make the difficult decisions and not base team selection on how much the player is making per week, we're in trouble.

7 hours ago, Froggy said:

That would never happen at us. Our fanbase as a whole is generally against sacking managers, rightly or wrongly.

I wouldn't want Potter over Ten Hag, but I'd much rather him than Southgate. :lol: Until we have someone who can make the difficult decisions and not base team selection on how much the player is making per week, we're in trouble.

I still think Rashford is a major part of the problem at Man Utd, he's on a fortune and bearly breaks sweat these days 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I still think Rashford is a major part of the problem at Man Utd, he's on a fortune and bearly breaks sweat these days 

He is thee problem. The next biggest problem is that Ten Hag can't see it.