The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Pearson comes across as being mental.

And not a nice, likeable, "oh, what you are LIKE?" kind of mental, I mean a proper "stabyourfacein" psychopath mental.

Strikes me as someone who would have been a Nightclub Bouncer had he not had football talent.

Avram Grant kindly ruling himself out of villa job on sky sports news  :dontknow:

The name that was on everyone's lips.

These are the types of people that probably applied for our job, hence why I believe them when they said they had 80 serious applicants for the role. There are tons of former managers and coaches that have just disappeared that you would probably not want within a hundred miles of the job, like Grant, Curbs, John Gregory, David O'Leary, Paul Jewell and John fucking Carver !!

Pearson comes across as being mental.

And not a nice, likeable, "oh, what you are LIKE?" kind of mental, I mean a proper "stabyourfacein" psychopath mental.

Strikes me as someone who would have been a Nightclub Bouncer had he not had football talent.

He does not come across as a stable individual. His conduct at the press conference after the Palace game was just scary. Saying shit like "I'm more than capable of looking after myself" WTF?

Most people are selfish and only after their own interests. It doesn't detract from the overall point that there may be a problem of discrimination in managerial positions in English football. The comment is as facile as saying discrimination in the US/US politics is non-existent because Obama is President.

I'm certain the PL & FL is full of more people in charge like Dave Whelan than Tony Fernandes.

Strange rebuttal - the vast majority are white. I don't really consider Tony Fernandes foreign, he came to the UK at 12 so it's strange you brought that up.

And that doesn't show who is in control of day-to-day activities.

Bristol City have a multi-billionaire owner too. Why are they s****

How can you not be aware that some rich people are in football to make money, not spend it? And don't know how to run football clubs?

You're a simple lad aren't you?

Most people are selfish and only after their own interests. It doesn't detract from the overall point that there may be a problem of discrimination in managerial positions in English football. The comment is as facile as saying discrimination in the US/US politics is non-existent because Obama is President.

I'm certain the PL & FL is full of more people in charge like Dave Whelan than Tony Fernandes.

Is there any empirical data on the percentage of black players that go into management or the percentage of black people who try to become managers?

I think the Bristol City bloke has pumped a fair bit in to the city's sporting activities, to be fair. He wants to create a multi-sport Madrid-style set up.

Yeah, I saw an interview with him on his idea to have it be a multi-faceted sports club, and though it was pretty cool. Seemed a sound guy.

Is there any empirical data on the percentage of black players that go into management or the percentage of black people who try to become managers?

Nope, that would be interesting to know but probably hard to gather. I do think in general British footballers become managers too easily without a solid coaching pedigree.

Kluivert who is 8 years younger than Sherwood took his first coaching role at the same time as Sherwood. He's been a coach ever since in different capacities. Now assistant manager to the National Side. Meanwhile Sherwood thinks he's too good for a Championship level club. But that's another story.

Strange rebuttal - the vast majority are white. I don't really consider Tony Fernandes foreign, he came to the UK at 12 so it's strange you brought that up.

And that doesn't show who is in control of day-to-day activities.

Bristol City have a multi-billionaire owner too. Why are they s****

How can you not be aware that some rich people are in football to make money, not spend it? And don't know how to run football clubs?

You're a simple lad aren't you?

I don't consider Ince or Campbell to be foreign either, that's completely not my point, I thought you were talking about non-white owners/managers etc? I probably should not have said foreigners, just so happened that the non-white owners were all foreign.

Call me simple again I'll chin yer maw.

Nope, that would be interesting to know but probably hard to gather. I do think in general British footballers become managers too easily without a solid coaching pedigree.

What I found is that in 2012 the number of black managers in the PL and FL was roughly the same as their percentage of the overall population.  In terms of Uefa B licenced coaches the number of black coaches were slightly ahead of their percentage of the overall population.

There appears to be a minority of black players actually going into management but the figures for these aren't well documented.  Black players comprise 25% of PL and FL players (or they did in 2012), but there don't appear to be figures for these players going into management.

The point you've previously made about Obama cuts both ways. The absence of black managers is not necessarily diagnostic of racial prejudice.

:lol:

Original comment was only meant to be relatively light-hearted in that given Ramsey's surprise appointment, when he is inevitably binned by Fernandes within the next 12 months, it'll only stir Ince and Campbell up yet again to peddle their 'black managers are never given a chance' argument that they seem to desperate to mention at every available opportunity.

The black manager thing will never go away. It isn't an issue, no one (in this scenario) is going to say no to a person on their skin colour. You aren't going to appoint someone worse to look after your multimillion pound investment because of colour. You appoint the best person you can attract, the best fit, the most experienced or the cheapest, depending on your angle.

Really the question is why is the calibre of black candidates so low? (you could easily level that at British managers in general)Is it something to do with the type of character football attracts? The top players in general make so much money in their careers that starting their career again, doing 3 times as much work for a 1,000th less pay to start off with just doesn't appeal. Just got to look at Shearer and Sherwood demanding prem clubs or nothing at all.

I'd like to see what Rio does when he retires, he'll have plenty of opportunities at a much higher level than his experience as a coach would normally afford a person. He's a prat sometimes but exactly the type of footballing brain that can make a manager imo. Les see if he's willing to do the hard work, or lets see if the BBC will offer him premiership manager wages to sit on a couch once a week talking about football.

Point is there's a load of factors and a load of avenues a footballer can take. It really depends where they are financially and especially in motivation. Their reputation as a player will always help or hinder and then you've got to consider their mentality and intelligence. Only then can you starting thinking about race, which for me is total bollocks.