The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Don't think he'll be able to save them. Their team needs far too much work.

It absolutely doesn't. Honestly, trust me. It is Sherwood's bizarre tactics that fucked it up.

Five at the back at home to Stoke, one CM against Swansea yesterday, 2-0 up at Leicester 25 mins to go, under the cosh, brings off a midfielder, puts on a striker. Lose 3-2. I could go on, trust me.

Utterly clueless. The summer signings, though, most of them are pretty well thought of by the fans.

The clearest case I have ever seen - anywhere - of a manager failing to get the most from what he has.

We often say the same thing here. Doesn't mean our squad is any good. I think you have some decent central defenders and some decent wide forward players but elsewhere I don't see a lot of quality. Your team seems unbalanced like ours is.

It absolutely doesn't. Honestly, trust me. It is Sherwood's bizarre tactics that fucked it up.

Five at the back at home to Stoke, one CM against Swansea yesterday, 2-0 up at Leicester 25 mins to go, under the cosh, brings off a midfielder, puts on a striker. Lose 3-2. I could go on, trust me.

Utterly clueless. The summer signings, though, most of them are pretty well thought of by the fans.

The clearest case I have ever seen - anywhere - of a manager failing to get the most from what he has.

We often say the same thing here. Doesn't mean our squad is any good. I think you have some decent central defenders and some decent wide forward players but elsewhere I don't see a lot of quality. Your team seems unbalanced like ours is.

The team is unbalanced because he sends it out that way. The squad is decent, but thus far this season, it has been set up truly ridiculously.

The team is unbalanced because he sends it out that way. The squad is decent, but thus far this season, it has been set up truly ridiculously.

Out of interest, who do you consider your main striker? I was looking at your squad list and the best I could see would be Agbonlahor out of position?

Actually, for that matter, what do you see as your best 11?

Out of interest, who do you consider your main striker? I was looking at your squad list and the best I could see would be Agbonlahor out of position?

Actually, for that matter, what do you see as your best 11?

Probably our best striker is Kozak, who is ostracised under Sherwood. If there's a weakness, it is up front.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2lduiaf.png

What do I win?

If Villa get Garde it's just another kick in the nuts administered by a sweaty fat sports goods salesman and his boiled egg of a lackey.  The funny mans father has some questions to answer anarl.

Guest firetotheworks

Same as the countless others that predicted those 3. :lol:

At least you didn't have to put up with it for long Brummie :thup: Really don't want you to get Garde.

Souness said on Supa Sunda that Villa should ignore the forrins and go straight for Nigel Pearson

I can see why Souness would back Pearson :lol: :lol:

Souness and Pearson are two men who'd bite the balls off each other then have a pint calling themselves real men.

Souness said on Supa Sunda that Villa should ignore the forrins and go straight for Nigel Pearson

I can see why Souness would back Pearson :lol: :lol:

Souness and Pearson are two men who'd bite the balls off each other then have a pint calling themselves real men.

If there is one club whose fans have a right to be sick to the tits of the conveyor belt of shit, stuck in the past British managers, it is us. Well, and you.

Jenas: "Their net spend was 5m which says it all"

Well, it doesn't, it doesn't point out that we raised 45m in sales, so he actually spent 50m.

I hate the English football establishment. They practically urinate on fans, they pay us so little respect. In that MOTD mention, there was not a single word uttered about Sherwood's performance, not one.

Well, it doesn't, it doesn't point out that we raised 45m in sales, so he actually spent 50m.

I hate the English football establishment. They practically urinate on fans, they pay us so little respect. In that MOTD mention, there was not a single word uttered about Sherwood's performance, not one.

I was irate listening to that analysis. Just completely avoiding any mention that he just might not have been very good at his job.

I was irate listening to that analysis. Just completely avoiding any mention that he just might not have been very good at his job.

Nothing about him playing a centre forward who can only do one thing - head the ball - for 90 mins with no wide players at all, or picking one actual CM to play Swansea. And that was just yesterday.

I've seen more shocking "tactics" in the last 10 matches we've played than in the previous 10 years.

Lambert and McLeish were fucking useless, but their main problem wasn't the fact they didn't understand basic concepts like "when you're 2 up away from home but under the cosh with 25 minutes left, what you don't do is take off a defensive midfielder and put on a striker who is struggling to settle in" (Leicester away).

Shocking. How is it even possible for a manager to win once, first day of the season, and have stats like P10 W1 D1 L8, get the sack and not even have a mention of how it came about?

It's like when you inevitably end up sacking McClaren, it'll be how you've got unrealistic expectations, and not one of these cunts will point out that you're second bottom (or whatever) or just been knocked out the FA Cup by Gosforth Paper Boys XI or whatever humiliation you've undergone.

Nothing about him playing a centre forward who can only do one thing - head the ball - for 90 mins with no wide players at all, or picking one actual CM to play Swansea. And that was just yesterday.

I've seen more shocking "tactics" in the last 10 matches we've played than in the previous 10 years.

Lambert and McLeish were fucking useless, but their main problem wasn't the fact they didn't understand basic concepts like "when you're 2 up away from home but under the cosh with 25 minutes left, what you don't do is take off a defensive midfielder and put on a striker who is struggling to settle in" (Leicester away).

Shocking. How is it even possible for a manager to win once, first day of the season, and have stats like P10 W1 D1 L8, get the sack and not even have a mention of how it came about?

It's like when you inevitably end up sacking McClaren, it'll be how you've got unrealistic expectations, and not one of these cunts will point out that you're second bottom (or whatever) or just been knocked out the FA Cup by Gosforth Paper Boys XI or whatever humiliation you've undergone.

:lol:

I shouldn't laugh though because that is basically what will happen :okay:

I don't know how you can all bear continuing to consume the media circus that surrounds football. I've pretty much given up on it all, TV, radio, podcasts. Occasionally I'll leave the sound on a broadcast and inevitably get wound up. Had 5Live on in the car before the games on Saturday and some presenter was being completely patronising to some Villa fans. He poured scorn on them really insultingly when one of them suggested they didn't want a new manager who would shut up shop every game and try and grind out 40 points, as he suggested they should.

I hate absolutely everyone employed to talk and write about football.

I don't know how you can all bear continuing to consume the media circus that surrounds football. I've pretty much given up on it all, TV, radio, podcasts. Occasionally I'll leave the sound on a broadcast and inevitably get wound up. Had 5Live on in the car before the games on Saturday and some presenter was being completely patronising to some Villa fans. He poured scorn on them really insultingly when one of them suggested they didn't want a new manager who would shut up shop every game and try and grind out 40 points, as he suggested they should.

I hate absolutely everyone employed to talk and write about football.

This.  :lol:

Heard some of 606 and a Villa fan was berated for wanting Sherwood out by them odious t**** Fletcher and Robbie Savage.  It was a case of "WELL WHO DO YOU WANT LIKE".  Not thinking that the Villa fan obviously watches them week in week out.

Total spend is misleading though. Aye, you spent £50m but you lost £45m in proven performers. Sometimes teams can become better when they sell a few star players. The Anelka/Overmars days leading to the invincibles for Arsenal. Us with Carroll getting in HBA, Cabaye & Ba. Spurs lost a few before they finished 4th twice. But for most teams, including all of those and Liverpool - selling your best players and trying to reinvest the money doesn't get you a better team.

All of that said - Sherwood was awful. You deserve better.