The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

They'll approach laudrup imo.

Good shout.

Still surprised at what I consider a hasty decision though. You don't revamp your squad after selling your best player and not allow for a transition period.

I've defended AVB in the past and thought he'd build a successful team after Bale. Unfortunately he hasn't done anything right, I know they need a time to settle, but his usage of Paulinho is for starters horrible, he's tried him as either a DM or as AM, not used him in his best position which is as a  box-to-box player. He hasn't given Lamela any chances and Soldado has been terrible under his set up.

I'm not saying it was the right decision to sack him already, but I at the same time I understand why they did it.

Just think managerial sackings have gone mad now, it's just a quick way to address low confidence or a run of bad results in the extreme short-term, without any thought for planning. I mean, six months ago they thought AVB was the right man for the job, they're only 7th in the league FFS.

Just think managerial sackings have gone mad now, it's just a quick way to address low confidence or a run of bad results in the extreme short-term, without any thought for planning. I mean, six months ago they thought AVB was the right man for the job, they're only 7th in the league FFS.

To much money, clubs are paniking. A bit like the early years of the prem.  It had started to settle down but I think the influx of this new money has put massive pressure on managers to get results.

Good shout.

Still surprised at what I consider a hasty decision though. You don't revamp your squad after selling your best player and not allow for a transition period.

I've defended AVB in the past and thought he'd build a successful team after Bale. Unfortunately he hasn't done anything right, I know they need a time to settle, but his usage of Paulinho is for starters horrible, he's tried him as either a DM or as AM, not used him in his best position which is as a  box-to-box player. He hasn't given Lamela any chances and Soldado has been terrible under his set up.

I'm not saying it was the right decision to sack him already, but I at the same time I understand why they did it.

Same here. Always thought he should be given more time. His time at Chelsea seemed to have changed his tactical thinking fundamentally though and he looked to prefer the cautious approach than getting the most out of his attacking riches.

Were they expecting every signing to dominate without needing time to settle? This team could (still can) be world class next season, if Soldado and Lamela gets going, and a CB next to Verthongen.

Levy :clap:

Getting whooped 5-0 by your rivals in the league though. Getting hammered is one thing. Rarely looking like scoring all season is another. But yesterday the players had no heart. He looked like he had lost another dressing room.

Good shout.

Same here. Always thought he should be given more time. His time at Chelsea seemed to have changed his tactical thinking fundamentally though and he looked to prefer the cautious approach than getting the most out of his attacking riches.

Then he would randomly play a highline against City & L'pool with Dawson and a CM at the back. The man's tactically naive at best.

Pretty sure Vertonghen, Calriches and Rose are injured or else he wouldn't play Capoue and Naughton. Dawson on the other hand is just antiqued in their lineup to be a mainstay all season.

The lack of heart in the players is evident though. No one gets any credit surrendering 5 goals without a fight at home.

@InfostradaLive: André Villas-Boas leaves as Spurs manager. He won 1.83 points per PL match at Spurs, the highest average of all Spurs managers in PL Era.

I think their points tally last season was the highest in their PL history.

Were they expecting every signing to dominate without needing time to settle? This team could (still can) be world class next season, if Soldado and Lamela gets going, and a CB next to Verthongen.

Getting whooped 5-0 by your rivals in the league though. Getting hammered is one thing. Rarely looking like scoring all season is another. But yesterday the players had no heart. He looked like he had lost another dressing room.

Yea, but Suarez in his current form is unstoppable. I agree, yesterday was inexcusable, but unfortunately these things happen from time to time with most teams, maybe more so if you are in a bad stint in a transition period.

This season was bound to be a bit shaky, with a whole new squad coming in, and I think they should have given him more time.

Pretty sure Vertonghen, Calriches and Rose are injured or else he wouldn't play Capoue and Naughton. Dawson on the other hand is just antiqued in their lineup to be a mainstay all season.

The lack of heart in the players is evident though. No one gets any credit surrendering 5 goals without a fight at home.

Aye, so you would think he would go for a cautious defensive set-up. Nice and deep. Forget an offside trap. What with the pace and movement of Suarez and co.

Nope. Really high line. Crap offside trap. Everyone looking clueless. A mess.

Tactically naive.

Yea, but Suarez in his current form is unstoppable. I agree, yesterday was inexcusable, but unfortunately these things happen from time to time with most teams, maybe more so if you are in a bad stint in a transition period.

This season was bound to be a bit shaky, with a whole new squad coming in, and I think they should have given him more time.

Man city a couple of weeks back?