The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

wtf? was doing a good job imo from afar

Fans were getting on his back because they are 20 odd points behind Celtic. Not really sure how they could have expected anything else tbh.

Nah. Rangers fans at work are pretty sensible about the gap, reckoned he's got a big issue with the type of football he plays vs the quality of players at his disposal. Can't break teams down at Ibrox etc.

Not saying they sound bin him but the reasons I was given were solid enough.

Maybe but those fans inside Ibrox have been giving Warburton and the players a fair amount of stick over the past couple of months.

WTF is going on to there!

Mark Warburton tried to get move to Forest before Rangers called his bluff

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/mark-warburton-wanted-move-nottingham-9796438#ICID=ios_mirrorfootball_AppShare_Click_Other

Rangers insist Mark Warburton has resigned - but Englishman DENIES he has walked

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/mark-warburton-quits-rangers-manager-9796028#ICID=ios_mirrorfootball_AppShare_Click_Other

Just had a quick browse of the Palace forum and they've won 7 in 46 apparently  :lol:

Lots of familiar talk of Pardew's rot setting in.

The Newcastle team Pardew left behind couldn't be salvaged at all. He turns clubs into a vehicle for his ego and leaves it a spiritless husk manned by mercenaries.

Not had long and I feel for him as Pardew has bred a team of spineless tossers but ultimately you might be right.

If Bob Bradley had  a northern accent, would he have been sacked?

Turns out Fat Shams record with Palace is identical to Bob's time at Swansea.

(got this from talksport :anguish: )

Allardyce should be sacked imo.

But Bradley was awful. And has zero track record. Sam is a busted flush though.

Pure complete and utter bullshit.

He literally took a team with zero budget to compete for the title against teams with insane budgets (comperatively). Leaving with a win percentage of 52.78% and the team one match from being relegated the season after he left - just to knock home just what a miracle he did there.

45.45% win percentage at Le Havre, on course for promotion when Swansea snapped him up.

Made the US a competitive outfit on the world stage - then compare that achievement to what his replacement managed to do (tank the US completely) with a much better pool of players.

54.91% career win percentage - all with teams not expected to do well compared to their opposition.

Trump level bullshit from TCD. Bradley is one of the better low budget managers in the world. Yet to see him with a big budget so can't judge him on that.

Didn't he leave Le Havre when they were 5th? I'm not sure that is on course for promotion

Last season he was one goal from promotion, this season he was well positioned for a promotion push given the season was only one and a half month long.

Beyond me how anyone can lay into Bradley like. Not sure he came across that well at Swansea but in terms of track record etc. there's just no argument.

But Americans call "football" "soccer". He's clearly shit.

The hatred for Bradley is based on nothing but Trump-esque logic :lol:

I don't hate Bradley, I just thought it was weird that they plumped for someone whose experience was in the Norwegian division and Ligue 2 to keep them up. It looked a strange decision at the time and it turned out to be poor one.

I thought Clement would end up being a poor choice too but he's got them playing much better with pretty much the same group of players and looks like he'll keep them up

Guest neesy111

I don't hate Bradley, I just thought it was weird that they plumped for someone whose experience was in the Norwegian division and Ligue 2 to keep them up. It looked a strange decision at the time and it turned out to be poor one.

I thought Clement would end up being a poor choice too but he's got them playing much better with pretty much the same group of players and looks like he'll keep them up

Why did you think Clement was a poor choice?

Just because he didn't have much managerial experience (plenty of excellent assistant jobs though) and didn't think he'd be the one to motivate them and keep them up. He's been a really good choice for them though and I was wrong to doubt it

Agree with Joeyt. Nothing against Bradley. But the team looked worse than it did under Guidolin. Lost something like 8 out of 10. And his replacement has them doing much better. Ligue 2 and a club team in Norway isn't pedigree.

Also agree about Clement. wasn't brilliant at Derby. Plenty of Assistants dont' make top coaches. But the proof looks to be in the pudding so far.

Beyond me how anyone can lay into Bradley like. Not sure he came across that well at Swansea but in terms of track record etc. there's just no argument.

But Americans call "football" "soccer". He's clearly shit.

The hatred for Bradley is based on nothing but Trump-esque logic [emoji38]

Not that shit, just didn't seem to have any kind of personality about him. Not that that matters but when you're not getting results it doesn't help. Media all over him for fuck all though I agree.

Agree with Joeyt. Nothing against Bradley. But the team looked worse than it did under Guidolin. Lost something like 8 out of 10. And his replacement has them doing much better. Ligue 2 and a club team in Norway isn't pedigree.

Again, the worst kind of argument to make. He doesn't have top league experience, so a bad appoitment. Well, how do you get top league experience if not by actually doing an amazing job in poorer leagues? (Unless your name is Ryan Giggs or similar).

I'm not saying he did well at Swansea. He did horrible. However he had eleven games and the media were on his back before he had the team play their first game under him. He was an astute appointment if you take him by his actual merits throughout his career.

1. Does well on a small budget.

2. Makes his teams full of mediocre to bad players constantly overperform.

3. Can manage to keep things going even when losing his best players.

4. Had a well thought out game plan that's proven effective throughout his career (see his career win percentage pre-Swansea.)

Admittedly point 4 failed at Swansea, but Swansea did not have the players that suited his preferred style - yet. He has a very clear preferred style of play and buys players suiting that style, which I think is how he keeps getting his teams to perform well even if the players are shit/were shit for other teams. They suit the system and the system is very effective.

Saying he was a bad appointment based on his lack of "pedigree" is amazingly stupid. Sorry.

He did fail massively at Swansea though, but he was sacked without even getting a window - which he had made plans for already. I don't know if he could have turned it around, but I believe the media sacked him. Not his actual eleven games in charge. If he was British he'd have gotten at least until mid-February, for better or worse.

Guest neesy111

Kaiz your bias for him in that post is ridiculous.  Window or no window, Swansea look 1000x more solid defensively since they sacked him and tbf they looked ok defensively before he took over and he made them far worse.

Nah, you're just missing the point of my argument. The argument is not whether or not he did well at Swansea - he did horribly - the argument is that he was not a bad appointment when being appointed. The media was out for blood the second he was announced without even considering what he'd done in his career. He absolutely earned the chance on merit, and his past career made him a good fit for Swansea. In the end it turned out badly, yes. But that does not mean he shouldn't have gotten the chance.