The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Aye if he got a club promoted and stabalised them in the Premiership he'd be set for life. It's what Allardyce and Pulis did. Easy gig from then on.

Doing that is difficult though. Howe is struggling with that. If he can keep Bournemouth in the PL for another couple seasons he could land a big job if he wants it.

Was far easier for pulis to do it with the financial backing he had mind.

Howe's wasted a hell of a lot of money on players he rarely plays and he's had plenty of financial backing. I don't remember Pulis spending loads of money initially when Stoke got promoted. He did after a couple of seasons in the Prem though

Was far easier for pulis to do it with the financial backing he had mind.

Howe's wasted a hell of a lot of money on players he rarely plays and he's had plenty of financial backing. I don't remember Pulis spending loads of money initially when Stoke got promoted. He did after a couple of seasons in the Prem though

His net spend (:anguish:) was mental at Stoke when they first came up. Bought a hell of a lot of shite, a lot of it from the mackems, that they then had to make a loss. Ken Jones, Kitson, Tonge, Beattie, Tuncay etc.

I know this is bad form, but if we go up and they actually go down this year, I want some revenge for their antics at Villa Park when we went down. Maybe dropping "who's your messiah now?" leaflets from the air all over their stadium last game of the season?

If they hadn't acted like such cunts back then, I would seriously feel bad for them, as I never cared or hated Villa before then.

They will have had their punishment if they don't get promoted because I can't see them coming up for quite a few years.

Brummie is one of the best posters on here, so I'll cut Villa some slack, after Monday.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've got a soft spot for Villa...  :undecided:

I was in a Villa pub the other night and while they clearly dislike NUFC for some odd reason, the people we were talking to seemed sound enough. Like us they are sick of how their club has been run/owned pretty much since time began. Ellis, Lerner etc.

Had some canny craic with a few about Graham Taylor as well, seemed a fucking great bloke from what I heard.

Oh and Brummie.... I wish nothing but happiness for him as a footy fan as he's been through the ringer just like us and is practically one of us being an N.O member.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bruce will get it right if he survives this season. They should have appointed him at the start of the season or even last season if they could have.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's doing canny s*** at Villa like

Its hard to tell, again people I spoke to the other night said his football is very poor, but they can see some kind of light at the end. Its just that a lot of players can't be bothered or aren't good enough seems to be the issue.

He started well I thought, but they are in a bit of a mess at the moment and now won't make the playoffs and could get dragged down towards the bottom of the table.

We are lucky in that we have Rafa because we could be in Villa's position right now. They were in just as much a mess if not more than we were prior to relegation. At least we spent some money and bought decent enough players.

They have been just as badly run as we have over the years and it sucks given just how big both clubs are and our proud history and traditions. Again, Villa, for all their weird out of nowhere seemingly hatred for NUFC, I find to be a good club with decent fans.

Bear in mind I'm constantly working in the West Midlands and Villa Park was my first away game so again, I have a soft spot for them.

He's doing canny s*** at Villa like

Its hard to tell, again people I spoke to the other night said his football is very poor, but they can see some kind of light at the end. Its just that a lot of players can't be bothered or aren't good enough seems to be the issue.

He started well I thought, but they are in a bit of a mess at the moment and now won't make the playoffs and could get dragged down towards the bottom of the table.

We are lucky in that we have Rafa because we could be in Villa's position right now. They were in just as much a mess if not more than we were prior to relegation. At least we spent some money and bought decent enough players.

They have been just as badly run as we have over the years and it sucks given just how big both clubs are and our proud history and traditions. Again, Villa, for all their weird out of nowhere seemingly hatred for NUFC, I find to be a good club with decent fans.

Bear in mind I'm constantly working in the West Midlands and Villa Park was my first away game so again, I have a soft spot for them.

Haven't they spent the most money in the Championship ever? Granted Di Matteo spent a majority of it but Bruce has also had a full transfer window and three months before it to prepare and make new signings for a team that should have already been competing near he top.

Di Matteo was sacked after 1 win in 11 games (8 points)

Bruce currently has 1 win in 9 games (5 points)

The loan signing of a keeper who failed in League One last season was an atrocious decision by Bruce and he's already costing them points left right and centre.

Other than the brief new manager bounce he got with Villa, the performances and results have been a lot worse than they were under Di Matteo. He also handled McCormack terribly and continued the low morale the squad/club already has.

He's doing an appalling job, quite frankly.