2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That squad :megusta:

Who would you cut from that squad? For me Moreno, Iturraspe and Torres are must cuts. I'd guess you don't have to bring that many fullbacks either with Ramos being able to play on the right so whoever won't start between Juanfran and Carvajal could possibly be cut as well.

Also Arturo Vidal had knee surgery the other day and will be out for 5 weeks, will be interesting to see if he makes it to the World Cup fit. Would be huge blows for Netherlands and Chile to be without Strootman and Vidal.

I think both Juanfran and Carvajal will be there. We are only carrying Albiol as extra CB and Martínez isn't even a natural, so my guess Ramos will only be used as RB in an emergency.

Villa won't make the list, he's had actually a rather indifferent year. One of Llorente/Negredo will be cut. If Thiago is fully fit my guess is that Cazorla won't make it. If not, Thiago will be cut.

Dunno who the 7th man could be. Injuries could play a part too.

Villa won't make the list, he's had actually a rather indifferent year. One of Llorente/Negredo will be cut. If Thiago is fully fit my guess is that Cazorla won't make it. If not, Thiago will be cut.

Dunno who the 7th man could be. Injuries could play a part too.

What do you think of Torres? Yeah didn't even see that Villa made the squad. I'd keep Negredo and Llorente personally. Both are very good player. Luxury problem not knowing whether to cut Thiago or Cazorla ffs :lol: That midfield. You think it will be Xabi - Busquets behind Xavi and Iniesta on the left, really don't think they should go that way.

We'll play with two deep midfielders, that means Busquets+Xabi. We tried only one holding mid in the ConfeCup and you saw what happened. Can't see Xavi starting every game - he's no longer doing that even for us now. That's where Thiago or Iniesta could go.

We'll play with two deep midfielders, that means Busquets+Xabi. We tried only one holding mid in the ConfeCup and you saw what happened. Can't see Xavi starting every game - he's no longer doing that even for us now. That's where Thiago or Iniesta could go.

:thup:

You could've started with 3 deep midfielders, you'd still have lost by 3-0 that day. Everything went in our favour as our players were more up to it. Think the injuries to Vidal and Strootman might actually guarantee you a top place in the group. Would love to see an Argentina v Spain semi-final.

Guest firetotheworks

I would go as far to say that that Spain squad is probably the best one I've ever seen, regardless of the context of nationality. It's completely ridiculous.

I take it Courtois now starts ahead of Mignolet as well?

Guest firetotheworks

Centrocampistas: Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Navas, Xavi, Koke, Cazorla, Thiago, Silva, Iturraspe, Mata, Iniesta, Cesc.

:lol:

Just..

http://replygif.net/i/1408.gif

I would go as far to say that that Spain squad is probably the best one I've ever seen, regardless of the context of nationality. It's completely ridiculous.

I take it Courtois now starts ahead of Mignolet as well?

The names look amazing but most of them haven't had great seasons to be honest.

Guest firetotheworks

Great by their own exceptionally high standards though, no?

It's the way that it's set out as well, you get to Koke and think 'ah okay, the quality's dwindling off slightly now...' then BAM Silva, Mata, Iniesta, Fabregas.

You'll have a recent £35 million play-maker on the bench, not because he's massively overpriced and not because he's not an excellent player. I've never known such a depth of quality like that. I can't think of any team, even Man City, let alone a national one that has anything like that quality in depth.

Next month is gonna be the month when everyone and their dogs become a football expert, isn't it ?!

Fully expect 16 year old girls who don't know what fullback position is, to provided hourly Facebook updates on World Cup and how "Their team is winning".

World Cup, and the night of presidential election.....Everyone all of a sudden has always been into those. Always annoys me.