2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TruToon94

Rooney is s****, always has been always will be and he needs dropping. Now. He will literally keep us out of the group stages with his shitness. He will only get worse as well. Worst player by a country mile.

Gerrard, Johnson and Hart were p*ss as well. Such a shame when Sterling is the sole player we should build the squad around. Truly great.

EDIT:

That corner as well man, FFS Rooney. 

:facepalm:

England would be a far more effective side without Rooney, who has on more than one occasion been shoehorned into positions better suited to other, arguably more exciting, players. He's not a centre forward, he's not a winger, he's not really an attacking central midfielder either when playing for England.

With players like Barkley, Lallana, Sterling and Sturridge, Rooney ought no longer to be the fulcrum of an England side.

Really wouldn't drop Rooney, like. We need more goalscoring instinct through the middle and Sturridge & Rooney offer that better than anyone else in the squad, by a country mile. There's plenty of creativity, elsewhere, we just need to get the balance right.

Guest TruToon94

Really wouldn't drop Rooney, like. We need more goalscoring instinct through the middle and Sturridge & Rooney offer that better than anyone else in the squad, by a country mile. There's plenty of creativity, elsewhere, we just need to get the balance right.

Goalscoring instinct? Did you just watch the match? He offers fuck all in terms of goalscoring instinct.

I wouldn't drop him either, he was horrible today like but our problem was our inability to break Italy down. Lallana and Barkley were just as ineffective. Sterling had his moments as did Welbeck and Sturridge.

He is terrible at moment. we need Barkley, Sterling etc

He is terrible at moment. we need Barkley, Sterling etc

No, we need to empower one of the best goalscorers in the squad.

Give the other guys a chance whilst the pressure is off, imo. Rooney flatters to deceive every time he's pulled on an England shirt. Pick players to fit the formation.

Positives:

Plenty of pace and movement in the attack

The scouse trio of Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge all had decent games

We worked the ball well for the most part

We were actually entertaining to watch for a change

Negatives

We switched off too frequently from set pieces

Defensivery we looked incredibly vulnerable down the left

The midfield balance didn't look right

The final ball was too hit and miss

Rooney and Gerrard were gash

I wouldn't drop him either, he was horrible today like but our problem was our inability to break Italy down. Lallana and Barkley were just as ineffective. Sterling had his moments as did Welbeck and Sturridge.

I'd just stick him in AM, for the next match, with the remit of being more of a second striker rather than a creator. We've got good ability in midfield so will still create.

Positives:

Plenty of pace and movement in the attack

The scouse trio of Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge all had decent games

We worked the ball well for the most part

We were actually entertaining to watch for a change

Negatives

We switched off too frequently from set pieces

Defensivery we looked incredibly vulnerable down the left

The midfield balance didn't look right

The final ball was too hit and miss

Rooney and Gerrard were gash

:thup:

I don't think Gerrard was "piss poor" by any stretch of the imagination like.

He was absolutely shite man

You're talking shite.

I'm not. What did Gerrard do to positively affect England's game?

Guest TruToon94

It's easy to stay drop Rooney but he's still England's best player and more than capable of being a match winner.

Exactly when and where has this ever happened for England in a major tournament in the last decade since 2004? He is not our best player and not a match winner at international level. Name me one example in a tournament since Euro 2004 he has done this?

Exactly.

I don't think Gerrard was "piss poor" by any stretch of the imagination like.

He was absolutely shite man

You're talking shite.

I'm not. What did Gerrard do to positively affect England's game?

What did he do negatively to affect England's game?

He was sat deep and attempted to distribute the ball, like he was asked. I'm not really sure what he did to be considered shite tbh. He isn't Pirlo, I think we established that 2 years ago.