2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Listening to savage is painful

It really is, he's much like Mark Bright - a former footballer who was bang average, whining on about the performances of players on another level entirely to him.

Seems to be quite a few co-commentators who have never got anywhere near a World Cup. Savage, Carlisle, Hartson, Joey Barton and don't think Murphy's been to one either. Thought there would be better choices

England mathematically out of the tournament if Costa Rica wins this?

Yes, as Costa Rica will have 6, Italy and Uruguay with 3 and still to play each other.

Uruguay v Italy match. :sweetjesus: Italy likely to join England in being eliminated too.

It really is, he's much like Mark Bright - a former footballer who was bang average, whining on about the performances of players on another level entirely to him.

A bit like us then :laugh: ;)

:lol: Well aye, but to a significantly larger audience.

No, there is a big difference tbf. I'm only winding you up.

It's a tone of voice thing in some ways, like when Savage says "if you're marking Suarez, you have to be staying goal side of him when the ball comes over" - which may be true, but the way Savage would say it, is like he personally did it himself 100 times before.

It's a tone of voice thing in some ways, like when Savage says "if you're marking Suarez, you have to be staying goal side of him when the ball comes over" - which may be true, but the way Savage would say it, is like he personally did it himself 100 times before.

Yup, just like Bright.

Condescending as owt, even more given how much a tosspot Savage was when he played.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Tbh I can't think of many co-commentators that are much cop at all - Gray used to be alright before he started believing his own hype, Gary Neville's canny, then suddenly I'm struggling.  Alan Smith is probably the best of the rest that I can think of. :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  Tbh I can't think of many co-commentators that are much cop at all - Gray used to be alright before he started believing his own hype, Gary Neville's canny, then suddenly I'm struggling.  Alan Smith is probably the best of the rest that I can think of. :lol:

My opinion of Neville has changed slightly since he absolved Pardew of any blame in regards to our defensive woes.

Sorry beren it was somewhat relevant to the conversation :p

It's a tough fucking job tbh, you're never going to please everyone if you're commentating for one of the mainsteam broadcasters on a regular basis.

Eventually, they'll stick you alongside some cunt who talks absolute cliche-driven twaddle, and to maintain any credibility you'll have to bring his idiotic views to the ground with a tirade which would get you sacked :lol:

You can have decent knowledge, a bit of charisma and a bit of humility though. Would like to see Lineker commentate actually.

It's a tough f***ing job tbh, you're never going to please everyone if you're commentating for one of the mainsteam broadcasters on a regular basis.

Eventually, they'll stick you alongside some c*** who talks absolute cliche-driven twaddle, and to maintain any credibility you'll have to bring his idiotic views to the ground with a tirade which would get you sacked :lol:

You can have decent knowledge, a bit of charisma and a bit of humility though.

Good point, whenever savage speaks I can't help but remember what a bad player he was though

It's a tough fucking job tbh, you're never going to please everyone if you're commentating for one of the mainsteam broadcasters on a regular basis.

Eventually, they'll stick you alongside some cunt who talks absolute cliche-driven twaddle, and to maintain any credibility you'll have to bring his idiotic views to the ground with a tirade which would get you sacked :lol:

You can have decent knowledge, a bit of charisma and a bit of humility though. Would like to see Lineker commentate actually.

Lineker's just excellent in general, whether he's cracking daft jokes, chipping in with a bit of analysis or directing the conversation a certain way.

Can see why the better pundits/presenters would prefer to be in the studio like, piece of piss really in comparison.

Anyway, enough about that - Costa Rica are fucking class. What a joy to watch them still getting into dangerous areas after 85 minutes :love:

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/alan-pardew-training-360.jpg

Lineker's just excellent in general, whether he's cracking daft jokes, chipping in with a bit of analysis or directing the conversation a certain way.

Can see why the better pundits/presenters would prefer to be in the studio like, piece of piss really in comparison.

You can see his analysis is often much better than the idiots he is asking the questions *cough*Lee Dixon*cough*