2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't wait another day for this ffs.

Biggest competition and highest standard of football imo.

In terms of international competitions, it's still eclipsed by the Euros in that regard. IMO.

But yeah, it doesn't get any better than this.

I'm not sure the Euro eclipses it tbh. I think the World Cup has shown recently that teams all over the world are much closer to the UEFA now than they used too in terms of quality. I mean sure group stages the Euros is stronger but that's also because it's only 16 teams, but compare the quarter-finals in the WC to the quarter-finals in the Euros and I think the standard in the WC is much better.

Flip with an opinion on LITERALLY EVERYTHING in this thread

Sweden didn't qualify. Let him at least have his opinion on literally everything as consolation.

In terms of international competitions, it's still eclipsed by the Euros in that regard. IMO.

I'm not sure the Euro eclipses it tbh. I think the World Cup has shown recently that teams all over the world are much closer to the UEFA now than they used too in terms of quality. I mean sure group stages the Euros is stronger but that's also because it's only 16 teams, but compare the quarter-finals in the WC to the quarter-finals in the Euros and I think the standard in the WC is much better.

Sweden didn't qualify. Let him at least have his opinion on literally everything as consolation.

Might be the only one on here that doesn't know I'm Brazilian :lol:

:lol:

Sorry, way too excited about World Cup.

I am going soon!  :cheesy: Cant wait until I get down there :) Semi final ticket in Belo Horisonte and 1/8 finals ticket in Rio. Some of my friends have even have tickets for the final.

So there's three of us going to the semi-finals. Me and you in BH and Greg in SP. Well jealous of your friends having final tickets. Only game I was unable to get that I wanted.

Or he's taking the p*ss and you are a tool.

:lol:

Such a nice guy at times, Pata. If I didn't know better I'd be offended.

:lol: Pata's right

Yeah regarding your post, but he's definitely not right calling me a tool. I'm extremely offended.

I am going soon!  :cheesy: Cant wait until I get down there :) Semi final ticket in Belo Horisonte and 1/8 finals ticket in Rio. Some of my friends have even have tickets for the final.

So there's three of us going to the semi-finals. Me and you in BH and Greg in SP. Well jealous of your friends having final tickets. Only game I was unable to get that I wanted.

When the last minute tickets sale where out last week I almost got 4 final tickets. I had them but it did keep denying my card, as we only have 15 min to do the transaction. Got really frustrated  :rant: First it takes forever to get into the website and sits in queue forever. When its finally my turn I choose 4 final tickets and then proceed to payment and from there it wouldt accept my card  :jesuswept:

In BH i got category 1 tickets so hopefully they are good seats :)  :angel: We are a bunch of norwegians but I dont think you will recognize us because we are going to try to blend in as much as possible, so that we dont get robbed/knifed/killed hehe  :blackeye:

I just want to see Spain finally concede a goal in knock-out rounds since 2006. Last time they conceded a goal in knock-out round of a major tourney, was Zidane's clincher in 2006.

Hope Chile top that group, and set up a Brazil vs. Spain R-16 game.

I just want to see Spain finally concede a goal in knock-out rounds since 2006. Last time they conceded a goal in knock-out round of a major tourney, was Zidane's clincher in 2006.

Hope Chile top that group, and set up a Brazil vs. Spain R-16 game.

I hope Spain fails. I want Chile to go far but I don't want Spain to play Brazil in the R16. So basically, Spain needs to get knocked out fast and Chile top the group.

When the last minute tickets sale where out last week I almost got 4 final tickets. I had them but it did keep denying my card, as we only have 15 min to do the transaction. Got really frustrated  :rant: First it takes forever to get into the website and sits in queue forever. When its finally my turn I choose 4 final tickets and then proceed to payment and from there it wouldt accept my card  :jesuswept:

In BH i got category 1 tickets so hopefully they are good seats :)  :angel: We are a bunch of norwegians but I dont think you will recognize us because we are going to try to blend in as much as possible, so that we dont get robbed/knifed/killed hehe  :blackeye:

Ah man, unlucky, happened to tons of people. I've been lucky all the time, unfortunately for this last phase here I got back to Brazil and the internet here didn't help me get infront of everyone in the line. Got tickets to 7 games including the same semi as you so no way I'm complaining.

Managed to shift all the teams in the work sweep today, however having drawn 31 of the 32, the one left was Brazil.

Because we're all good eggs we decided it was unfair for someone to waltz in and just take the favourites, so we've left them out and should they win, a local charity is getting the whopping £31 sum instead.

Managed to shift all the teams in the work sweep today, however having drawn 31 of the 32, the one left was Brazil.

Because we're all good eggs we decided it was unfair for someone to waltz in and just take the favourites, so we've left them out and should they win, a local charity is getting the whopping £31 sum instead.

Team sweeps are shit. I've put on a top goalscorer sweep at work, much less predictable and a bigger prize pot.

Forced my colleagues to do a bracket rather than sweep, got $175 pot. Pretty much 90% of the company is participating.

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when I can see how many of them picked USA to win the World Cup. I guarantee at least 4.

A Question of Sport: Super Saturday is a brand new, family entertainment show coming to BBC One to coincide with the World Cup evening matches.

Good Luck with that :yao: