2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The manaus stadium cost close to 300 million and is only hosting 4 matches. well done fifa.  :clap: :clap:

idle curiosity but whats the average attendance of whatever team is going to inherit that stadium?

The more I think about it the more I think it was an astonishingly biased refereeing performance.

The disallowed Croatian goal seemed like general bullshit - most of those get given as a foul. They shouldn't, but they do.

The penalty was clearly not a penalty. No-one gets fouled while waving their arms looking at the ref as they go down due to said "foul".

The Neymar decision could easily have been a red card. He eyed him up and then thought he'd whack him with his arm. :lol: Clearly pre-mediated, even if the actual contact wasn't massive.

The better team won because, shockingly enough, turns out Brazil have better players overall, but equally Croatia proved they were a very decent team and the manner in which they lost will leave a very bitter taste indeed.

I actually hope the protests continue and aren't swept under the carpet by the British media. I'm really excited for the World Cup (mainly because Newcastle aren't involved) but FIFA are an absolute disgrace and the people of such a divided country are right to demonstrate against the ridiculous sums of money spent hosting this.

:thup:

The manaus stadium cost close to 300 million and is only hosting 4 matches. well done fifa.  :clap: :clap:

idle curiosity but whats the average attendance of whatever team is going to inherit that stadium?

No brazilian club will use the stadium. It will remain empty after the last world cup game.

In the grander scheme of things it doesn't really change anything:

Brazil won as expected

Brazil will have wanted to win in a more comfortable way but an easy group negates this so confidence can be built up then

Croatia lost as expected

Croatia can take heart from this performance even though they were beaten

Nowt will be made of it until it happens in the R16 again.

In the grander scheme of things it doesn't really change anything:

Brazil won as expected

Brazil will have wanted to win in a more comfortable way but an easy group negates this so confidence can be built up then

Croatia lost as expected

Croatia can take heart from this performance even though they were beaten

Nowt will be made of it until it happens in the R16 again.

This, basically.

The more I think about it the more I think it was an astonishingly biased refereeing performance.

The disallowed Croatian goal seemed like general bullshit - most of those get given as a foul. They shouldn't, but they do.

The penalty was clearly not a penalty. No-one gets fouled while waving their arms looking at the ref as they go down due to said "foul".

The Neymar decision could easily have been a red card. He eyed him up and then thought he'd whack him with his arm. :lol: Clearly pre-mediated, even if the actual contact wasn't massive.

The better team won because, shockingly enough, turns out Brazil have better players overall, but equally Croatia proved they were a very decent team and the manner in which they lost will leave a very bitter taste indeed.

The ref couldn't wait to blow the whistle for the penalty. The Brazilian players as usual thanking "God" for awarding them a penalty, dropping down to their knees to thank him for rigged match officials. Also enjoyed how arrogant Neymar's celebration was even though the keeper actually saved his s*** penalty and was unlucky not to keep it out. The OTT theatrics by Brazil are back again, and tbh I find them completely off-putting. This is football ffs, not the theatre.

Disappointed by the women in the crowd today tbh, not a patch on Ukraine/Poland.

EDIT: Added the missing e that was the cause of much hilarity.

http://h11.abload.de/img/untitled-7ov8ef.gif

I'll probably come across as biased but here comes my thought trying to be as unbiased as possible.

We didn't really deserve to win, we were slightly better overall but didn't really deserve everything. There was no pen, but I can see how the ref sees it as Fred sold it like I've never seen before. Was convinced he was pulled until I saw the replay, only good thing he did all match and the ref was conned.

As for the rest of people saying the ref was bought, fuck off, the ref missed there, but we were kicked consistently and only Corluka got a yellow for Croatia. Loads complained about Brazil v Spain and their fouling, but this was on the same level. Vrsaljko and Perisic had each 5-6 fouls and pretty bad ones as well. Neymar got a deserved yellow, but where was Corlukas first for the same foul? Perisic for the same foul? Never a red in million years.

The foul on Julio Cesar is clear as day, it's inside the goalkeepers box, you can't come up with an elbow there anywhere. David Luiz also saved it and the goal only game after the ref had blown the whistle long before.

Conclusion.

Difficult game, flattering scoreline for us and good to see Neymar get two. Two excellent goals.

Oscar, Luiz Gustavo and Daivd Luiz best for us.

Paulinho, Hernanes, Fred, Dani were turboshit.

Rakitic and Olic were excellent for Croatia.

Referee was shit, but is anyone surprised? Same guy that let van Bommel bum him in the last World Cup.

This Croatian midfield is :megusta: btw. I'd pay huge money to nationalize Modric and Rakitic into Brazilians.

Chiles, what an embarrassment.

Already decided i'm just going to watch the football and ignore all the coverage because of him :lol:

Anyone who voluntarily watches ITV before kick-off, at half time or at full time deserves everything they get and more.