2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colombia have actually been all fart and no s***. James Rodriguez playing like a barbie doll. If Greece had anything about them, they would have got a result against them. Very disappointed that Colombia have been nowhere near the hype.

3-0 against a team which have no interest in anything but spoiling in the first game without some key players is pretty good IMO. :dontknow:

I sort of agree with him though. Columbia have some nice football over two thirds of the pitch, but they don't look so incisive when they reach the opposition penalty area.

No man. Just look at the scoreline and ignore the actual football that took place. Colombia were f***ing ace man. Ignore the fact that the Greek keeper hardly had to make a save or that they didn't really know what to do once they got in good positions. It's sacrilege going against the grain on here :lol:

:lol:

Stop it, Colombia opened up with 3-0 and had excellent spells throughout the game. They didn't have to impose themselves since Greece didn't do much and only really had one dangerous chance each half. Your original post is s***, I don't necessarily agree with Mole, but I thought Colombia were very good especially considering it was without Guarin who's a vital part of that midfield.

:lol: The World Cup is really getting to your head isn't it? You feel like a GOD amongst men don't you? Enjoy it while it lasts mate. Your posts are all top notch :thup:

Also, in case you do read, the point I disagree with is this "didn't have to impose themselves" bollocks. The Greeks are limited but they're no mugs. If they had attacked with a bit more conviction (and had the right personnel on as they did when Mitroglu and Fetfatzidis came on) then Colombia would not have been as comfortable.

Colombia have actually been all fart and no s***. James Rodriguez playing like a barbie doll. If Greece had anything about them, they would have got a result against them. Very disappointed that Colombia have been nowhere near the hype.

3-0 against a team which have no interest in anything but spoiling in the first game without some key players is pretty good IMO. :dontknow:

I sort of agree with him though. Columbia have some nice football over two thirds of the pitch, but they don't look so incisive when they reach the opposition penalty area.

No man. Just look at the scoreline and ignore the actual football that took place. Colombia were f***ing ace man. Ignore the fact that the Greek keeper hardly had to make a save or that they didn't really know what to do once they got in good positions. It's sacrilege going against the grain on here :lol:

Stop it, Colombia opened up with 3-0 and had excellent spells throughout the game. They didn't have to impose themselves since Greece didn't do much and only really had one dangerous chance each half. Your original post is s***, I don't necessarily agree with Mole, but I thought Colombia were very good especially considering it was without Guarin who's a vital part of that midfield.

:lol: The World Cup is really getting to your head isn't it? You feel like a GOD amongst men don't you? Enjoy it while it lasts mate. Your posts are all top notch :thup:

Also, in case you do read, the point I disagree with is this "didn't have to impose themselves" bollocks. The Greeks are limited but they're no mugs. If they had attacked with a bit more conviction (and had the right personnel on as they did when Mitroglu and Fetfatzidis came on) then Colombia would not have been as comfortable.

Nah it's post like yours with the I don't believe the hype after one game that does my head in. Colombia looked very comfortable IMO.

Lineups for uruguay vs costa rica.

Uruguay (4-4-2): Muslera; Pereira, Lugano, Godin, Caceres; Rios, Gargano, Stuani, Rodriguez; Forlan, Cavani.

Costa Rica (5-4-1): Navas; Gamboa, Umana, Gonzalez, Duarte, Diaz; Bolanos, Borges, Tejeda; Campbell, Ruiz.

Should be a fun game. Costa Rica has a lot of speed and they'll be looking to get behind Uruguay's defense. Hopefully, like Australia, they come out swinging, because Uruguay's defense really isn't the best. It's too bad Oviedo got injured and Rodney Wallace didn't make the cut.

Nah it's post like yours with the I don't believe the hype after one game that does my head in. Colombia looked very comfortable IMO.

Tbf I've seen them play better, Flip. They did look a bit disjointed at times defensively and the finishing wasn't all there. Even a 75% Colombia is good enough to handle Greece and probably win the group, but they'll need to improve if they want to progress in the knockout stages. Which I've no doubt they will.

I apologize for not changing my opinion because you told me to. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I apologize for not changing my opinion because you told me to. We'll have to agree to disagree.

:lol: Whatever.

:lol: How the hell were the greeks only interested in spoiling the game? You must have missed all the chances/half chances they had? The score flatters Colombia imo. They haven't been THAT good. I guess I was expecting a lot more from their football. Guess I'd also have to keep in mind that it was a 1pm kickoff in searing heat. My point still stands though. Greece could have got a result if they had more quality in midfield, as Colombia took their foot off the gas completely after scoring the first goal.

You're also underestimating how little performances mean at this stage, winning is all that matters and they comfortably beat a team which doesn't lose all that often without really getting out of second gear.

Think you're being harsh personally, they did what they had to do without some key players and without having to reach their top level.

:lol: How the hell were the greeks only interested in spoiling the game? You must have missed all the chances/half chances they had? The score flatters Colombia imo. They haven't been THAT good. I guess I was expecting a lot more from their football. Guess I'd also have to keep in mind that it was a 1pm kickoff in searing heat. My point still stands though. Greece could have got a result if they had more quality in midfield, as Colombia took their foot off the gas completely after scoring the first goal.

You're also underestimating how little performances mean at this stage, winning is all that matters and they comfortably beat a team which doesn't lose all that often without really getting out of second gear.

Think you're being harsh personally, they did what they had to do without some key players and without having to reach their top level.

I completely understand that idea, had this been a meeting between two sides with a massive gulf in quality between them. This wasn't Brazil vs North Korea for example. After scoring the first goal, Colombia sat back. Greece could have (and should have) equalized within seconds. That still didn't wake the Colombians up. They were pedestrian for large parts of the match and the Greeks were getting closer. You can't tell me they just "predicted" they'd win this easily. At 1-0, it was by no means over. Not even at 2-0. I simply disagreed with their lack of urgency, as the gulf in class between the two wasn't THAT big.