2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's easy to stay drop Rooney but he's still England's best player and more than capable of being a match winner.

Exactly when and where has this ever happened for England in a major tournament in the last decade since 2004? He is not our best player and not a match winner at international level. Name me one example in a tournament since Euro 2004 he has done this?

Exactly.

He hasn't but who has? He's still our best player.

That's coming from someone that hates the scouse twat too.

It's easy to stay drop Rooney but he's still England's best player and more than capable of being a match winner.

Exactly when and where has this ever happened for England in a major tournament in the last decade since 2004? He is not our best player and not a match winner at international level. Name me one example in a tournament since Euro 2004 he has done this?

Exactly.

Horrific craic.

I don't think Gerrard was "piss poor" by any stretch of the imagination like.

He was absolutely shite man

You're talking shite.

I'm not. What did Gerrard do to positively affect England's game?

What did he do negatively to affect England's game?

He was sat deep and attempted to distribute the ball, like he was asked. I'm not really sure what he did to be considered shite tbh. He isn't Pirlo, I think we established that 2 years ago.

He barely touched the ball in a meaningful way. Do you not think that negatively affects the team? For a defensive midfielder he didn't win any ball, he let Marchisio in behind him loads of times

The weakness of the 4-2-3-1 with England's players is that Gerrard does not have the legs to cover his fullback and the forward 4 aren't in a position to either. Not sure how it can be address except with another DM instead of Gerrard, but we don't really have one in the squad. The amount of times Baines was exposed was a bit scary.

Enough positives overall though, especially Sturridge, Welbeck and Sterling. Should get enough points off the other two teams to progress.

Guest TruToon94

Exactly.

He hasn't but who has? He's still our best player.

That's coming from someone that hates the scouse t*** too.

Owen Hargreaves in 2006, Jermain Defoe in 2010. I don't give two shits what he does at a club level, at international level he's near the bottom of the pile for quality. Sterling is clearly our best player, the fact three Italians surrounded him every time proves that they thought this too.

Compare Balotelli, who scored a much tougher chance. That's a match winner. Rooney can single handily lose us matches. Never seen him win us won internationally at a major tournament .

You're talking shite.

He was sat deep and attempted to distribute the ball, like he was asked. I'm not really sure what he did to be considered shite tbh. He isn't Pirlo, I think we established that 2 years ago.

He barely touched the ball in a meaningful way. Do you not think that negatively affects the team? For a defensive midfielder he didn't win any ball, he let Marchisio in behind him loads of times

He's not a "defensive midfielder" though, I don't think he can ever be expected to sht down his man. He was involved though and he rarely if ever wasted the ball. I think we need to look at the midfield as a whole but I'm not having it that Gerrard was individually shit like, he wasn't.

You're talking shite.

He's not a "defensive midfielder" though, I don't think he can ever be expected to sht down his man. He was involved though and he rarely if ever wasted the ball. I think we need to look at the midfield as a whole but I'm not having it that Gerrard was individually shit like, he wasn't.

Ok we'll agree to disagree

Guest TruToon94

Owen Hargreaves a match winner? Aye why not?

He's not good and I didn't rate him. But 2006 he was undoubtedly our best player. People forget he won player of the tournament for us.

The weakness of the 4-2-3-1 with England's players is that Gerrard does not have the legs to cover his fullback and the forward 4 aren't in a position to either. Not sure how it can be address except with another DM instead of Gerrard, but we don't really have one in the squad. The amount of times Baines was exposed was a bit scary.

Enough positives overall though, especially Sturridge, Welbeck and Sterling. Should get enough points off the other two teams to progress.

Yeah, I think it's a role Jones could cover in certain games. We really did need someone with more defensive knowledge to plug some gaps.

Really hope so, but I don't see it. The performance today could have been something to build on if there had been a positive result to go with it, but I don't think this team have the character/experience to bounce back from disappointment here. I could see the performance dipping badly against Uruguay. Tournament ends with :milner: on the pitch in a draw against Costa Rica.

Yeah, I think it's a role Jonas could cover in certain games. We really did need someone with more defensive knowledge to plug some gaps.

The Uruguay game is fascinating. Campbell showed how vulnerable they are to pace but they're dangerous from set pieces and if they have any sense Suarez will be starting on the right hand side of a front thre against a vulnerable looking Baines.

The Uruguay game is fascinating. Campbell showed how vulnerable they are to pace but they're dangerous from set pieces and if they have any sense Suarez will be starting on the right hand side of a front thre against a vulnerable looking Baines.

you have to question how fit Suarez can possibly be by the time thursday comes around, surely if he was anywhere close to being ready he comes on today.

Thought England were the better team for the majority of the match. Looked lively going forward, missed a few chances that could've just as easily gone in. For all the criticism he received prior, Welbeck had a very good game. Sturridge and Sterling as well.

Defense looked a bit suspect, which is cause for concern. Baines got merked on the cross to Balotelli and it seemed like Cahill misread it. Nice clearance from Jagielka on the Balotelli chip though.

I still think England will make it out of the group, but they really needed at least a point.