2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goddamn your bullshit draw, Flip. :lol:

I think our group isn't as easy as most think but we should still gather 9p. Don't think we'll cruise through though, some hard-earned victories against all three I'd suspect. Opening match, David Luiz v Mandzukic. Who will be the one to draw first blood and be sent off is what I'm wondering.

Think Chile and Spain are pretty nailed on to advance from their group tbh. That said some of those predictions. :lol:

What? Nailed on!? We're talking about f***ing Chile here, not Brazil or Argentina. They may well be fit, young and organised, but they should not represent a huge threat for us. Now watch people dig this up in seven months time to rub it in my face.

They're a very good team, you'll have tons of problem against them, especially playing the last game of the group against them. I still think you should have enough to beat them, but I think they are the surprise package if they play like they have been of late.

If they're that good, why is it a given that Spain will qualify?

Think Chile and Spain are pretty nailed on to advance from their group tbh. That said some of those predictions. :lol:

What? Nailed on!? We're talking about f***ing Chile here, not Brazil or Argentina. They may well be fit, young and organised, but they should not represent a huge threat for us. Now watch people dig this up in seven months time to rub it in my face.

They're a very good team, you'll have tons of problem against them, especially playing the last game of the group against them. I still think you should have enough to beat them, but I think they are the surprise package if they play like they have been of late.

Because Spain are better than Chile and Chile are better than the current version of Holland and all the teams are better than that other one.

The guy on the BBC actually said 'England have had a nightmare here'.

I don't get it, like. If we can't be confident of finishing above 2 of Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica, what's the point in going?

I'm sure it was more a casual comparison between other groups which look kinder. It's certainly a considerably harder than average draw, but obviously the broader picture is that we're not seen as especially likely qualifiers in a World Cup group, something which emphasises our standing in world football.

I think we'll probably scrape through.

Because Spain are better than Chile and Chile are better than the current version of Holland and all the teams are better than that other one.

By which measure is this? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but looking at their squad their best known player by some distance is Alexis Sánchez, whom I don't rate that highly personally. I know Holland's stock has fallen considerably after the last Euros, but we still reached the last WC final and most of those players are still around, complimented by some exciting young talent. We're nowhere near as bad as you're making out.. :lol:

By which measure is this? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but looking at their squad their best known player by some distance is Alexis Sánchez, whom I don't rate that highly personally. I know Holland's stock has fallen considerably after the last Euros, but we still reached the last WC final and most of those players are still around, complimented by some exciting young talent. We're nowhere near as bad as you're making out.. :lol:

Well, it's more based on me having watched a few matches involving the teams in recent times due to my betting addiction. :lol: Chile just looks like playing the better football, so if they met I can't help but imagine they'd win. I'm not saying Holland are a shit team, just that in this group I think it's fair to assume Chile could get the upper hand. Same as I'd predict a Chile victory in a knock-out round between the two sides, at the current moment in time.

All personal opinion though, so fully debatable/disputable. :thup:

I really want Brazil to fail badly just because of Felipao.

Fuck have I ever done to you?

It's normal to feel this way.

And you?

It'll be just like a summer season of Tier 2 fantasy football. :lol:

Don't worry Flip, I like you in real life.

"Look at this. So good. Others have no chance. Give them some credit for being the best. No luck involved here, man. :lol: :lol: We're so good. So good."

Fuck have I ever done to you?

And you?

:lol: You lost me when you were all "I just want to know what it's like to win 3 world cups in my lifetime."

Plus you shit on the Knicks.

f*** have I ever done to you?

And you?

:lol: You lost me when you were all "I just want to know what it's like to win 3 world cups in my lifetime."

Plus you s*** on the Knicks.

:lol:

I have no problems with the Knicks, matter of fact is I really want them to lose so you get your draft picks :papiss:

It'll be just like a summer season of Tier 2 fantasy football. :lol:

Don't worry Flip, I like you in real life.

"Look at this. So good. Others have no chance. Give them some credit for being the best. No luck involved here, man. :lol: :lol: We're so good. So good."

:lol: :lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

For the first time I can't really see a real group death because most groups have some good teams. It will be hard for anyone ( even France ) to win their first 3 games. Also a stupid question: what happens if teams are tied on the same number of points? Goal difference or direct confrontation to separate them?

Good draw. I'm tired of Argentina, though. We've qualified five times and have had them in our group four times! It's enough :lol:

The first match against Iran has to be a victory. Nothing less will be satisfactory. I like our chance of qualifying this time. We've deservedly earned a poor reputation after abject performances in 2002 and 2010, but this was more a sign of the decay in our football. Squads picked seemingly at random, infighting, incompetence from our officials. We even managed to sack the same coach before both tournaments. Keshi isn't perfect, but he has us playing like a team and there is a real spirit within the side. This should be an improvement at the least.

Group G is absurdly difficult. The best team from Concacaf, the most highly regarded team from CAF, the second ranked team in the world, and the second best player on the planet. I cannot remember a tougher one in the 32 team format.