2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good draw. I'm tired of Argentina, though. We've qualified five times and have had them in our group four times! It's enough :lol:

The first match against Iran has to be a victory. Nothing less will be satisfactory. I like our chance of qualifying this time. We've deservedly earned a poor reputation after abject performances in 2002 and 2010, but this was more a sign of the decay in our football. Squads picked seemingly at random, infighting, incompetence from our officials. We even managed to sack the same coach before both tournaments. Keshi isn't perfect, but he has us playing like a team and there is a real spirit within the side. This should be an improvement at the least.

Group G is absurdly difficult. The best team from Concacaf, the most highly regarded team from CAF, the second ranked team in the world, and the second best player on the planet. I cannot remember a tougher one in the 32 team format.

Does Shola have an actual chance of a) Going to Brazil b) Starting in Brazil ?

Could definitely see him scoring against Iran, he is a bit of a flat track bully.

Our group is tough but it's the World Cup and we'll always be underdogs regardless so we can't really ask for much better than this.

Belgium has loads of talent but I'd rather have them than Brazil/Argentina/Spain/Germany.

We have experience with Russia and they're a team we should be able to beat on a good day.

We're just better than Algeria.

We haven't been pre-emptively knocked of the tournament in December and at the end of the day as a minnows that's all you can ask for.

Recent draws have been kind to us really. Haven't had a tough group since the bullshit one in 94 (Spain, Germany, Bolivia)

In retrospect ours actually looks slightly better than Japan's. None of the teams in that bunch are going to be an easy out.

Our group is tough but it's the World Cup and we'll always be underdogs regardless so we can't really ask for much better than this.

Belgium has loads of talent but I'd rather have them than Brazil/Argentina/Spain/Germany.

We have experience with Russia and they're a team we should be able to beat on a good day.

We haven't been pre-emptively knocked of the tournament in December and at the end of the day as a minnows that's all you can ask for.

Recent draws have been kind to us really. Haven't had a tough group since the bullshit one in 94 (Spain, Germany, Bolivia)

In retrospect ours actually looks slightly better than Japan's. None of the teams in that bunch are going to be an easy out.

Minnow, ffs. No one feels pity for your struggles. Win the matches or don't.

Why the anger? :lol:

Baba suffers no fools, fool! :lol:

Sorry, the word annoyed me. Talk to the 180 or so teams that will be at home. South Korea as minnows. A team that has qualified eight consecutive times and made a semi-final. You should be favoured to exit from your group and should have a decent chance of the quarterfinals. You should not act surprised if you accomplish it and should feel disappointment if the result is anything less.

Sorry, the word annoyed me. Talk to the 180 or so teams that will be at home. South Korea as minnows. A team that has qualified eight consecutive times and made a semi-final. You should be favoured to exit from your group and should have a decent chance of the quarterfinals. You should not act surprised if you accomplish it and should feel disappointment if the result is anything less.

We make the tournament every time because we're on the worst footballing continent on Earth. We're perennially between the 24th~32nd best team at the tournament. In World Cup terms of course we're a "minnows", just like Crystal Palace or Hull are "minnows" in the Premier League despite being gigantic clubs in comparison to Gateshead or Blyth.

As with every tournament, I'll be happy if we make the second round and disappointed if we don't, but to suggest that we should be favored to survive from our group this year or any year is a bit of a stretch.

Woke up to see we had drawn Spain, Netherlands and Chile. We're in for a world of butthurt :(

I took a survey of some FB friends and we've concluded that 1 point and a GD of -6 means we've had a "good" World Cup. :anguish:

Fuck this shit. Oldtype talks about being "knocked out in December". Yep, that's Australia...

Good draw. I'm tired of Argentina, though. We've qualified five times and have had them in our group four times! It's enough :lol:

The first match against Iran has to be a victory. Nothing less will be satisfactory. I like our chance of qualifying this time. We've deservedly earned a poor reputation after abject performances in 2002 and 2010, but this was more a sign of the decay in our football. Squads picked seemingly at random, infighting, incompetence from our officials. We even managed to sack the same coach before both tournaments. Keshi isn't perfect, but he has us playing like a team and there is a real spirit within the side. This should be an improvement at the least.

Group G is absurdly difficult. The best team from Concacaf, the most highly regarded team from CAF, the second ranked team in the world, and the second best player on the planet. I cannot remember a tougher one in the 32 team format.

We're going head to head it seems.

Looking forward to the first game. Must win for both side.

The last time Iran and Nigeria played was in 1999 I believe (or 97) in a friendly that you guys won 1-0.

We've played Bosnia 3 times in the last decade. and won all 3 games:

Iran 4-0 Bosnia (2000)

Iran 5-2 Bosnia (2006)

Bosnia 2-3 Iran (2009)

Will be a good battle for the second spot among all the 3 teams.

Could definitely see him scoring against Iran, he is a bit of a flat track bully.

2 goals conceded in 8 qualifying games. Best defensive record all qualified teams.

Seriously doubt Shola can score against a Queiroz-managed defense mate  :aww:

2 goals conceded in 8 qualifying games. Best defensive record all qualified teams.

Got tickets for Iran - Bosnia. Jealous much dude? :lol:

Shut up ffs. :lol: Finland was knocked out when the draw for the qualifying groups was done. Enjoy the fact that you're even going there.

:yao: Of course Finland can't come. It isn't hockey, ffs.

Got tickets for Iran - Bosnia. Jealous much dude? :lol:

Saw that post  :lol:

Not a game of big names, but that 3rd game may end up being like a play off for both teams to qualify, which should lead to a quality games.

Here is hoping a Dejagah hattrick that game keeps you entertained  :cool:

I could talk about what I'd like for Shola to do to Iran but I think I've antagonized enough people for the day

Iran the football team or Iran in general?

Unsure what Shola would be able to do to Iran in general.

Shut up ffs. :lol: Finland was knocked out when the draw for the qualifying groups was done. Enjoy the fact that you're even going there.

Without wanting to be a douche, it would probably have been better for football in Australia that we didn't qualify as opposed to scraping in and then getting destroyed on the world stage.

The (general) Australian sporting public's psyche is an amazing thing, in that if we aren't at least competitive then we shouldn't bother. The game is very much still faced with a hostile media (as well as large portions of the public) who delight in every misstep football makes because of the threat the game poses to the "traditional" sports of Australian Football, rugby league, rugby union and cricket.

So yeah, getting splattered three times in a row is a big deal. I'm sorry Finland didn't make it, but I'm concerned about how this draw impacts on the future of the game in my country...