Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Its a shame that it takes the thought f revenge to get them motivated, should show that level of desire and commitment every game.

Were we seeking revenge over Villa or Cardiff?

Todays performace was way better than either of those games.

Its a shame that it takes the thought f revenge to get them motivated, should show that level of desire and commitment every game.

Were we seeking revenge over Villa or Cardiff?

Todays performace was way better than either of those games.

We played excellently at Villa - better than today imo.  That's a side issue though as what is beyond doubt is that they were well up for it

I don't know how Gerrard stayed on the pitch.What a joke and he got man of the match ha.There so biased its unreal

Thought the second booking was marginal, but giving him MOTM is an absolute joke. They probably decided before the game TBF.

They were begging for a Liverpool win.  Hate em

Guest firetotheworks

You've got your Newcastle love/Liverpool hate glasses on if you think Gerrard should have got a second yellow imo.

You've got your Newcastle love/Liverpool hate glasses on if you think Gerrard should have got a second yellow imo.

That 2nd tackle had been Tiote he would have been booked, fact it was Gerrard and he was already on a yellow was why he got away with it.

A lot of our players re-established their reputations and their price tags today. Tiote, Cabaye, Santon and Debuchy were all very good, and a shout out to Mike Williamson as well. Liverpool were heading for a defeat until that sending off, Mbiwa handed them a lifeline. Which is a shame because he'd done well up to that point, Suarez and Sturridge had hardly had a sniff.

That 2nd tackle had been Tiote he would have been booked, fact it was Gerrard and he was already on a yellow was why he got away with it.

Gerrard's second challenge was exactly the same as his first, which merited a booking. Consistency wouldn't go a miss.

Gerrard was applauded when he went over to take a corner first half, don't know how I feel about that to be honest. I know he's England captain but for fuck sake..

Gerrard's second challenge was exactly the same as his first, which merited a booking. Consistency wouldn't go a miss.

Gerrard was applauded when he went over to take a corner first half, don't know how I feel about that to be honest. I know he's England captain but for fuck sake..

Gerrard should have been off, it's as simple as that. He was booked for his first challenge, harsh or not he was booked and he should have been given the 2nd. Too many 50/50's went their way today, the ref was fast at running over to give them a penalty and send off Mbiwa, look at his booking of their players, there was so much hesitation about them.

Guest firetotheworks

Utter bollocks like. I dislike Liverpool and Gerrard as much as the next man, but that would never be given as a second yellow to anyone but someone like Joey Barton.

Guest bimpy474

Utter bollocks like. I dislike Liverpool and Gerrard as much as the next man, but that would never be given as a second yellow to anyone but someone like Joey Barton.

It wasn't a yellow card no matter the player. Fucking does my head in some of the cards these days, and what some people think should be yellow.