How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it's slightly different with Carroll. He's the only one of the outgoing transfers that we seemed keen to keep hold of, hence truning down the previous offers.

I'm sure we would have sold him eventually but I doubt any team would turn down £35million for a relatively unproven striker who cost nothing in the first place.

Was Carroll not the turning point for Ashley, the catalyst where he thought....  hang on, I can sell players and make money!!!

It seems ever since  that deal was done that no offer for any player has ever been turned down.

Was Carroll not the turning point for Ashley, the catalyst where he thought....  hang on, I can sell players and make money!!!

It seems ever since  that deal was done that no offer for any player has ever been turned down.

This is fact, is it?

This is fact, is it?

I dunno. seems that way..

Assume you have some detailed information to discredit my glib off the cuff statement?

I did say - It seems ever since....

There definitely seemed to be a noticeable shift in his attitude, not just towards player sales but the also the fans.

Make no bones about it, he has always been a monumental cunt but there was a time that he seemed to at least fein an interest in the football side of NUFC - sacking Allardyce, hiring Keegan, hiring Shearer, promising to put in £20m of his own money each season, spending money on a new borehole etc.

Perhaps it was the 'Fat Cockney Rapist' banner that sent him over the edge.

There definitely seemed to be a noticeable shift in his attitude, not just towards player sales but the also the fans.

Make no bones about it, he has always been a monumental c*** but there was a time that he seemed to at least fein an interest in the football side of NUFC - sacking Allardyce, hiring Keegan, hiring Shearer, promising to put in £20m of his own money each season, spending money on a new borehole etc.

Perhaps it was the 'Fat Cockney Rapist' banner that sent him over the edge.

...and funnily enough, the "Cockney" is probably the most inaccurate part of that message.

I actually dislike the pointless wasting of players like HBA, Mapou, Santon etc more than the big sales. Cabaye etc are inevitable to a certain extent, as long as they don't happen all the time. It's the way we fail to use the players we have for stupid reasons that's worse IMO.

Didn't go to school the day we sold Carroll. Just lay in bed sleeping. Would wake up, remember we were selling him and get sad all over again.

If Carroll, who was the true Geordie and hero to us all can be sold, anyone can. It's to the point where I can't even get excited over a player anymore. I love Ayoze but I know he'll most likely be the next to move whether he wants to or not.

This is fact, is it?

Assume you have some detailed information to discredit my glib off the cuff statement?

Excuse my being a bit snappy.

Are we really the compulsive sellers that the current cliché suggests? The club is committed to balancing the books, yes, but how many times have the club cashed in on a player who we'd otherwise have really wanted to keep in the first team? I can't see beyond Carroll, Cabaye and Debuchy. We were offered silly money for Carroll, and in the case of Cabaye and Debuchy, the players were determined to leave and we got a fair price.

This is fact, is it?

Are we really the compulsive sellers that the current cliché suggests? The club is committed to balancing the books, yes, but how many times have the club cashed in on a player who we'd otherwise have really wanted to keep in the first team? I can't see beyond Carroll, Cabaye and Debuchy. We were offered silly money for Carroll, and in the case of Cabaye and Debuchy, the players were determined to leave and we got a fair price.

Demba Ba?  Not much effort made to replace him other then a loan of Remy and no real intent to keep him.

So really we still haven't replaced Caroll, unless Cisse was that replacement?

My son was in tears when we sold Cabaye. 

Hardly surprising as he is only 22....

Joke, he was 8 at the time!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19f9rj8eksj7xgif/ku-medium.gif

:lol: :lol:

This is fact, is it?

Demba Ba?  Not much effort made to replace him other then a loan of Remy and no real intent to keep him.

So really we still haven't replaced Caroll, unless Cisse was that replacement?

I'd forgotten about Ba, but I seem to recall that there was a buy-out clause in his contract and we had no choice but to sell him for a set fee.

Guest Rustin Cohle

We've replaced Carroll. We've had Ba, Cisse, Remy, L. De Jong, Perez, Rivierie and Ferrerya since.

Just a shame that Remy was a loan, de Jong was shit, Rivieire is looking like a flop and Ferrerya is shit.

We've replaced Carroll. We've had Ba, Cisse, Remy, L. De Jong, Perez, Rivierie and Ferrerya since.

Just a shame that Remy was a loan, de Jong was shit, Rivieire is looking like a flop and Ferrerya is shit.

Proven during his myriad of first-team appearances.

Just a shame that Remy was a loan, de Jong was s***, Rivieire is looking like a flop and Ferrerya is s***.

Proven during his myriad of first-team appearances.

:lol: