How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

Used to tell people I support NUFC with such pride.

Now I tell them and I'm honestly embarrassed.

Me too. My car used to basically advertise my allegiance and where I am from. Don't even wear a scarf now - the shame.

Might as well wear a scarf supporting Tesco or IBM.

When he eventually goes - and he will - we will all return to normal and be able to support our club. It doesn't feel like one at the moment but it won't be like this forever.

There is nothing to suggest that he will ever leave the club, and in reality why should he.  He is making tons of cash here.

In business no-one cares whether they are loved or hated, it is all about the $$$

I'm out when he/they appoint Carver full time in the summer.

Will follow with a smattering of interest on TV etc ,but in all honesty like a few have said think I'm already broken. Feel this way about football in general tbh, obviously magnified by 1000 times for what was once my/our club and is now just a business and a balance sheet excercise.

Genuine question; if protests were happening against Ashley would those of you who no longer attend, attend in order to strengthen opposition?

Conflict of interest there, lining his pockets to tell him you don't want to line his pockets, however it doesn't defeat the object, there's nothing more impacting than 50,000 screaming abuse live on TV. An out of stadium protest would only be as devastating if the crowd didn't then pour into the stadium at 2:55pm, that would kind of defeat the object too.

If it's to be done it needs to be long, loud and continuous, the way we handled Pardew was great at Cardiff but never continued, we could have broken him had we been relentless. If the sheeple finally turn on Jabba it needs to be relentless.

Guest antz1uk

an empty stadium protest would be the onl thing that would raise eyebrows and make people sit up and take notice, unfortunately it will never happen with 'the most loyal supporters in the land'

an empty stadium protest would be the onl thing that would raise eyebrows and make people sit up and take notice, unfortunately it will never happen with 'the most loyal supporters in the land'

Of course it won't majority of matchgoers don't frequent message boards and basically "go to the match". NUFC today is light-years better than it has been in the past, even with Ashley's constraints.

Guest antz1uk

Of course it won't majority of matchgoers don't frequent message boards and basically "go to the match". NUFC today is light-years better than it has been in the past, even with Ashley's constraints.

:dowie:

http://i58.tinypic.com/313ki89.jpg

I'm completely broken and have been for a while.

Not one penny goes to Newcastle United, SD or Sky.

I watch the matches online for free, and I guess I always will, but I felt no emotion about the score. We beat Hull and whilst I smiled at the goals, I didn't celebrate. That wasn't a conscious decision on my part, it was just that I genuinely felt almost nothing. It was like watching Villa V Everton, or Stoke V Swansea, or any other combination of teams from anywhere in world football really.

f*** them. Why should I care about a club that doesn't care about itself? Why should I invest money or emotion into something that's pointless, that will never invest back into me? What, quite frankly, is the point?

:lol: I was just popping in to say the rate at which the club's stature has dwindled the last 7 years is quite frightening.  Really are a nothing club now, and we weren't before.

:lol: I was just popping in to say the rate at which the club's stature has dwindled the last 7 years is quite frightening.  Really are a nothing club now, and we weren't before.

Indeed, the crazy thing is it's by design and he's got away without scot free without any reproach from the media.

truly abhorrent stuff.

Only way I'm still involved beyond watching streams and posting on here is going to a handful of aways a season.  If NUFC started profiting from that beyond a booking fee or whatever then I'd be tempted to pack that in as well.  No point in giving them any cash as it all goes towards making us smaller and more hopeless.

The sad thing is we're not wasting years and years standing still, it's worse than that as we're falling behind at a rapid rate in almost every sense as a club.  The spiteful cunt even sold off the land around the ground FFS.  Enough's enough but what the fuck can you do as an individual other than bemoan the absence of any competitive spirit at a once proud football club and not hand over any cash, when the vast majority of it's coming in via Sky anyway?

Modern life is rubbish.

Has he?

One of the reasons Pardew got away lightly here was because the press and his media buddies used to blame the restraints and conditions he had to work under.

He does seem to get plenty of plaudits for stabilising the club, whatever that means.  There have been a few critical articles in the media lately but he generally gets off lightly.