sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

According to Pardew quoted in the Echo tomorrow we 'bossed the game'.

I think he's at the stage where, like his employer, he just does and says things that he knows will piss off the supporters. He hates us, anyone with sense hates him and he wants his payoff.

Anyone that thinks 'HARHARHAR SHOLA CAN WIN WA DARBIES HARHARHAR" needs chucking out the pub tbf.  Sick of the amount of times I heard that today - despite shouting :he's f***ing s**** you arseholes"

Dunno where to go other than say we only threatened from Cabaye's through-balls.  Club's banning of the local press is pathetic.  At least we've managed to draw attention away from the gaffa and the XI he put out,

Shola was the best striker by a distance today.

Anyone that thinks 'HARHARHAR SHOLA CAN WIN WA DARBIES HARHARHAR" needs chucking out the pub tbf.  Sick of the amount of times I heard that today - despite shouting :he's f***ing s**** you arseholes"

Dunno where to go other than say we only threatened from Cabaye's through-balls.  Club's banning of the local press is pathetic.  At least we've managed to draw attention away from the gaffa and the XI he put out,

Shola was the best striker by a distance today.

Bit of a given when you don't fucking play one until he comes on like.

What's this about one of their fans punching a female steward while trying to get onto the pitch (amid all the repeated facebook and twitter jokes about our lot punching horses [lol])?

Classic one-upmanship.

Look at the desire and workrate from the mackems. Where was ours? We don't even have the fitness to do it like.

True, I didn't see our supporters throw a single punch at a male steward, let alone a female one.

Look at the desire and workrate from the mackems. Where was ours? We don't even have the fitness to do it like.

Beaten by effort and percentage football. Fucking embarrassing. Goal aside, and that had a lot of fortune about it, we barely troubled the keeper either. Pathetic.

Beaten by effort and percentage football. f***ing embarrassing. Goal aside, and that had a lot of fortune about it, we barely troubled the keeper either. Pathetic.

Top and bottom of it.  Seen some people throughout social media trying to justify we had more possession.  We did fuck all with it.  Just went sideways when we were at our furthest forward. 

Beaten by effort and percentage football. Fucking embarrassing. Goal aside, and that had a lot of fortune about it, we barely troubled the keeper either. Pathetic.

We completely sank to their level, any competent side who move the ball quickly would have embarrassed them, the way they were flying into tackles and running after everything. Pardew's never been able to exploit the gaping holes left by sides that play that way, he prefers to attempt to go toe-to-toe but hasn't got the personnel to do it.

Beaten by effort and percentage football. f***ing embarrassing. Goal aside, and that had a lot of fortune about it, we barely troubled the keeper either. Pathetic.

Top and bottom of it.  Seen some people throughout social media trying to justify we had more possession.  We did fuck all with it.  Just went sideways when we were at our furthest forward. 

Pot shots from 20-40 yards was all we offered whether they were on or not. No clear cut chances aside from goal I can remember. Lazy fucking football. Not one player had a good game for us today, criminal stuff when given how we actively don't want to be in Europe via league or cup this is one of few fixtures that matters.

We completely sank to their level, any competent side who move the ball quickly would have embarrassed them, the way they were flying into tackles and running after everything. Pardew's never been able to exploit the gaping holes left by sides that play that way, he prefers to attempt to go toe-to-toe but hasn't got the personnel to do it.

:thup: move the ball quickly being the absolute opposite of what we achieved today.

That was the biggest issue, we didn't open them up at all. Too many daft shots, not enough movement etc. We are a counter-attacking team with our current set up but we have shown we can do a bit of damage in possession when the fool stumbles on to the right balance. Today, they largely sat back and our disjointed lot could do naff all about it.

Pot shots from 20-40 yards was all we offered whether they were on or not. No clear cut chances aside from goal I can remember. Lazy fucking football. Not one player had a good game for us today, criminal stuff when given how we actively don't want to be in Europe via league or cup this is one of few fixtures that matters.

Just another thing ticked off from the great big list of lowering Geordie expectations. :thup:

Top end of the league - too expensive.

Winning cups - not enough financial reward.

Developing our own talent - too hard.

Competing in Europe - all of the above.

Dominating biggest rivals - who cares?

When it comes to pride and hope for NUFC fans I'm struggling to think of what's left.

Top and bottom of it.  Seen some people throughout social media trying to justify we had more possession.  We did f*** all with it.  Just went sideways when we were at our furthest forward. 

Pot shots from 20-40 yards was all we offered whether they were on or not. No clear cut chances aside from goal I can remember. Lazy f***ing football. Not one player had a good game for us today, criminal stuff when given how we actively don't want to be in Europe via league or cup this is one of few fixtures that matters.

Can't disagree with a word of that.

When it comes to pride and hope for NUFC fans I'm struggling to think of what's left.

"Avoiding relegation is what's left. We're no bigger than Sunderland really." -  Ian W (aka WUM I AM)

Honestly the worst I've felt about this team in the 20 years I've supported. At least in the times of Gullit, Dogleash and Souness there was always a light at the end of the tunnel. It was a cold hard slog and depressing at times but we knew it was only a matter of time before Fat Fred exercised that itchy trigger finger.

This is relentless, there's no end in sight, he gets away with one embarrassment after another with a half decent game sandwiched in between. What does this clueless cnut have to do to get the chop?!? Fuck it!

Increasing commercial revenue - No thanks.

"Avoiding relegation is what's left. We're no bigger than Sunderland really." -  Ian W (aka WUM I AM)

:lol:

Ironically, he's got the personnel to run rings round a bunch of hard running cloggers, but he doesn't have the coaching credentials to implement it.

Increasing commercial revenue - No thanks.

Improving squad - Can't.