sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

I can't believe he had the temerity in his post-match interview to use the free kick in the build up to their 2nd goal as an excuse. Quite astonishing, really.

Why wouldn't he have 'the temerity' to do that, like? It's a perfectly legitimate complaint, which makes it the perfect excuse. I can't see many managers not mentioning a questionable decision that led to a winning goal. This is in no way a defence of anyone or anything, but of all the legitimate complaints from yesterday, this ranks near the bottom.

If the positions had been reversed and we had scored the winner from the free kick, would you have been defending Poyet from accusations that he was whingeing after defeat....?

Or would you have said he was just a sad bitter Mackem..!?

standard manager crap. Every single one would complain about it.

Btw, this was one of the worst games I had ever seen in the PL.  Wasn't one for the neutrals.

That was the main thing I took away from it really, absolutely appalling game.

Yeah, which makes it worse as had we turned up we would had won imo.

I still don't know what I think about it really. It's almost impossible to draw any conclusions about tactics or performance in an environment like that. Even the best teams usually struggle when pressed like that, and struggle to settle into a rhythm when the start of a game is so frantic.

If they hadn't nicked that goal we would probably be just saying "shite game, I would have taken the draw beforehand". That's how close the margins are.

I might have brought on someone like Anita instead of Shola, to add control in midfield. And put HBA out wide right since Sunderland had no threat down there.

No they don't.

Actually, I think they do.

Then Chelsea, Liverpool etc should always be easily knocked out of their stride against lesser teams rather than wiping the floor with them.

I can't debate with you like this man. It's not like every possible thing that happens in football applies universally in every game. You must know this.

Do Chelsea and Liverpool wipe the floor with every lesser team? And does every lesser team approach the game like Sunderland did yesterday? If only football was as simplistic as you want to make it.

Guest icemanblue

I can't believe he had the temerity in his post-match interview to use the free kick in the build up to their 2nd goal as an excuse. Quite astonishing, really.

Why wouldn't he have 'the temerity' to do that, like? It's a perfectly legitimate complaint, which makes it the perfect excuse. I can't see many managers not mentioning a questionable decision that led to a winning goal. This is in no way a defence of anyone or anything, but of all the legitimate complaints from yesterday, this ranks near the bottom.

If the positions had been reversed and we had scored the winner from the free kick, would you have been defending Poyet from accusations that he was whingeing after defeat....?

Or would you have said he was just a sad bitter Mackem..!?

I'm not defending anyone, but, I doubt I would have said anything about it.

Btw, this was one of the worst games I had ever seen in the PL.  Wasn't one for the neutrals.

That was the main thing I took away from it really, absolutely appalling game.

Yeah, which makes it worse as had we turned up we would had won imo.

I still don't know what I think about it really. It's almost impossible to draw any conclusions about tactics or performance in an environment like that. Even the best teams usually struggle when pressed like that, and struggle to settle into a rhythm when the start of a game is so frantic.

If they hadn't nicked that goal we would probably be just saying "shite game, I would have taken the draw beforehand". That's how close the margins are.

I might have brought on someone like Anita instead of Shola, to add control in midfield. And put HBA out wide right since Sunderland had no threat down there.

No they don't.

Actually, I think they do.

Then Chelsea, Liverpool etc should always be easily knocked out of their stride against lesser teams rather than wiping the floor with them.

I can't debate with you like this man. It's not like every possible thing that happens in football applies universally in every game. You must know this.

Do Chelsea and Liverpool wipe the floor with every lesser team? And does every lesser team approach the game like Sunderland did yesterday? If only football was as simplistic as you want to make it.

Why reduce it down to one game then? It's not like we've played flowing football under Pardew except for when we are in a white hot derby atmosphere. We have been playing hit and hope football for two and a half seasons.

Guest neesy111

Just got to bare it, we lost (draw was a fair result though).

Hope the players and management use it as a warning shot that we've got to improve if we don't want to be in a relegation scrap.

I can't believe how little I care about this result. They've sucked almost all the passion out of me.

:thup: I watched and was frustrated, but by the end I was just apathetic. Dross. I care, but only because it's my club. I don't really care about anyone involved in it. Used to love Cisse but he's looking more gutless and uninterested match by match. Ben Arfa excites me, but he pisses me off sometimes.

I can't believe how little I care about this result. They've sucked almost all the passion out of me.

:thup: I watched and was frustrated, but by the end I was just apathetic. Dross. I care, but only because it's my club. I don't really care about anyone involved in it. Used to love Cisse but he's looking more gutless and uninterested match by match. Ben Arfa excites me, but he pisses me off sometimes.

:sadnod: 2 derby losses on the trot and I genuinely don't even care that much. Give or take half an hour either side of the game and it just felt like any other matchday. Complete apathy.

Hope the players and management use it as a warning shot that we've got to improve if we don't want to be in a relegation scrap.

That's like, what, the 20th shot now? Even more taking all of last season into account, really.

That's like, what, the 20th shot now? Even more taking all of last season into account, really.

Seriously? how many warnings do we need? I'm sick of it.

Why our players arent turning up is so worrying, yup a lot of it is down to Pardew but professional pride should want you beating the local rivals.

Maybe there is an element in that we have to many overseas players who just don't give a fuck about pride etc.

Guest bimpy474

Warning shot ffs. That fucker sailed a long time ago.

A year long warning Barrage of shots

Aye, think we can rule out learning from it :lol:

Just had to walk out of the office due to giggling like a right prick at this post. Just the concept of it. :lol: Was like being back at primary school when everyone's trying like mad not to laugh.

Just had to walk out of the office due to giggling like a right prick at this post. Just the concept of it. :lol: Was like being back at primary school when everyone's trying like mad not to laugh.

:lol:

Not living in the NE, in fact not living in the UK at all, means it's easier not to be too bothered by the result. There are no mackems near where I live, so no unbearable gloating to have to deal with. If I still lived near Newcastle, the constant reminders that not only were we beaten, but deservedly so, would be very depressing to live with, as it used to be when I lived there.