NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I kind of agree with taking action about fictional press stories, but surely a statement on your website and 'this paper is banned' messages are a totally futile and childish way to do it. If they're lying then take some proper action and get them to print a retraction.

Hmm... As with the local rags, I think a complete ban is counter-productive. Clubs have to come to some sort of working relationship with the press.

On the other hand, they're not entirely in the wrong here, are they? Let's not get in a lather about this. We can't complain when the press makes things up and then jump up and down when someone takes a stand.

Hmm... As with the local rags, I think a complete ban is counter-productive. Clubs have to come to some sort of working relationship with the press.

On the other hand, they're not entirely in the wrong here, are they? Let's not get in a lather about this. We can't complain when the press makes things up and then jump up and down when someone takes a stand.

Yeah, I think they should take action against incorrect stories if they really feel it's necessary. Sports journalism in general is absolutely shocking in the stuff it makes up, and in particular the tabloids.

The problem is the method they've chosen, and the climate they're doing it in. There has to be a more grown up response than this.

Yeah, I think they should take action against incorrect stories if they really feel it's necessary. Sports journalism in general is absolutely shocking in the stuff it makes up, and in particular the tabloids.

The problem is the method they've chosen, and the climate they're doing it in. There has to be a more grown up response than this.

You mean like refusing to talk to the public and selling players/renaming stadium etc out of pure spite?

The club is run by liars, man. I'm surprised they didn't embrace the paper like brothers and get them to write the programme. Mind, I'm not sure how many 'Diana was a Mag' stories I could stomach....

Our top brass are so petty I cant help but think that a well coordinated and absolute protest on Sunday would have Ashley putting the for sale signs up

strange that Sportdirect news has spouted more s**** than all the papers put together when they have tried to sell half our team but they aren't banned!!

Very true. And the fact that the court case V Keegan held that they had deliberately lied and mislead the fans.

Completely different when the shoe is on the other foot, huh?

Is the Daily Star a bit of a dig?  Basically saying even the Daily Star has better journalistic integrity than you.

LOL That's what I thought as well.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Star and NUFC hold them in higher regard than the sunday express.