NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

needing access to the club is a fucking myth anyway. I could write an article every single day about this shambles and ive never been in the media lounge in my life.

certain journalists use it as an excuse to hide behind for not writing whats actually happening.

edwards wont get any tougher now hes banned either, makes no sense at all.

needing access to the club is a fucking myth anyway. I could write an article every single day about this shambles and ive never been in the media lounge in my life.

certain journalists use it as an excuse to hide behind for not writing whats actually happening.

:thup:

I'm fairly sure Edwards' ban from last time was still in effect mind.

needing access to the club is a f***ing myth anyway. I could write an article every single day about this shambles and ive never been in the media lounge in my life.

he´s a smarmy cunt edwards, brian mcnally called him out the other day about his for sale article being bollocks, it appears he was right.

fuck them all anyway, eith one or two exceptions, they´re all either bullshitters, cowards, or both.

George Caulkins hitting hard:

@CaulkinTheTimes: 2009: at a PL tribunal, Mike Ashley's #Nufc concede to making statements that "were simply untrue ... nothing more than an exercise in PR."

@CaulkinTheTimes: 2014: Ashley's #Nufc ban "inaccurate" reporter for writing story "with the intention of unsettling the club, players & its supporters."

George Caulkins hitting hard:

@CaulkinTheTimes: 2009: at a PL tribunal, Mike Ashley's #Nufc concede to making statements that "were simply untrue ... nothing more than an exercise in PR."

@CaulkinTheTimes: 2014: Ashley's #Nufc ban "inaccurate" reporter for writing story "with the intention of unsettling the club, players & its supporters."

Pisses me off that. Pardew contradicts himself weekly but not one journo has the stones to list all of his bullshit like sackpardew.com has. Spineless twats who take on Ashley because they don't have to stand in front of him weekly like they do Pardew.

The Media should just refused to mention Newcastle United at all. No MOTD, no Match Reports, nothing.

Then see how f***ing hard Ashley is.

Be interesting if the press started blurring out the SD.com logos when they took photos in/around the ground, and even not mentioning them anymore, and just referring to him as NUFC owner.

See how he took to his precious baby not getting as much exposure in the press anymore.

needing access to the club is a f***ing myth anyway. I could write an article every single day about this shambles and ive never been in the media lounge in my life.

he´s a smarmy cunt edwards, brian mcnally called him out the other day about his for sale article being bollocks, it appears he was right.

fuck them all anyway, eith one or two exceptions, they´re all either bullshitters, cowards, or both.

He might be a smarmy cunt, I don't know him personally but I used to think his articles were pretty spot on when he wrote for the Journal. Much better than the rest of the local hacks at the time. Brian McNally is a mackem die hard isn't he?

Sports reporters and outlets here in the US would f***ing slaughter Ashley and Pardew man. None of this s*** would fly here.

No doubt about it. The media has no allegiances to anyone, be it managers, owners, commissioners or players.

It's incredible what goes on in this country, regarding the media favourability for certain individuals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11093716/Newcastle-Uniteds-billionaire-owner-Mike-Ashley-insists-he-will-not-sell-the-club-at-any-price.html

By Luke Edwards

9:17PM BST 12 Sep 2014

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has claimed that he will not sell the club until the end of next season no matter how much money he is offered to do so.

Newcastle released a statement on its official website in response to reports in The Daily Telegraph which said Ashley was willing to listen to offers to sell after seven years in control at St James’ Park.

:laugh:

Sports reporters and outlets here in the US would f***ing slaughter Ashley and Pardew man. None of this s*** would fly here.

No doubt about it. The media has no allegiances to anyone, be it managers, owners, commissioners or players.

It's incredible what goes on in this country, regarding the media favourability for certain individuals.

I know its all slanted and agenda based everywhere, but sports reporters latch on to to this stuff here, they'd not let Ashley live a moment. Banning media is also like the biggest no-no man. You get fined for not talking to the media, or avoiding them. Owners who say racist things are fucking forced to sell their teams up! The Keegan thing? He'd have lost the team for that. Every single fall out with us? He'd have DAILY reports, full on hour segments, comments from anyone and everyone and he'd be forced to sell b/c the MEDIA would make his Sports Direct look even worse. Investigative journalists would be salivating at the chance to uncover the so called "benefits" that SD gets from not paying advertising etc for Newcastle. They'd be calling Charnley, Ashley, his advisors, Pardew, anyone associated with the club and trying to dig into why/what his intentions are, and they'd come out with cold hard facts, and then (hell) there'd be some provision that the league could force him to sell the club.

I've said it before and say it again - you all clown American sports organizations and all that, and by all means, it deserves it most of the time - but when the NBA wanted to drop the hammer on the Clippers and now the Hawks, they did it. And look who the next Clippers owner is? Former CEO of Microsoft. You'd not have cunts like Tan, Ashley, or the Venkys fools anywhere near owning football clubs as they'd have been hounded out of town as soon as the knives were sharp enough and the media could get heads to turn.

The Telegraph and other broadsheets are not bothered about NUFC...Edwards knows the club's potential but most national reporters view the club as a joke plaything of Ashley at best and a club followed by deluded fans at worst. They have far bigger fish to fry and people have to accept that we have been peripheral to the mainstream of PL football for some years and national interest in the club is probably at an all-time low.

The rest of the country believes we are a run of the mill club only there to help with PL attendance figures and the game in England would be fine if we weren't in the PL anyway - Scudamore said as much when we were relegated in 2009 and whilst I didn't believe him then, I do now.

No change for the foreseeable future and interest among young kids now starting to wane.If the club was charging the equivalent price for season tickets adjusted for inflation, time etc as we did in 1995, attendances would drop like a stone.

I know its all slanted and agenda based everywhere, but sports reporters latch on to to this stuff here, they'd not let Ashley live a moment. Banning media is also like the biggest no-no man. You get fined for not talking to the media, or avoiding them. Owners who say racist things are fucking forced to sell their teams up! The Keegan thing? He'd have lost the team for that. Every single fall out with us? He'd have DAILY reports, full on hour segments, comments from anyone and everyone and he'd be forced to sell b/c the MEDIA would make his Sports Direct look even worse. Investigative journalists would be salivating at the chance to uncover the so called "benefits" that SD gets from not paying advertising etc for Newcastle. They'd be calling Charnley, Ashley, his advisors, Pardew, anyone associated with the club and trying to dig into why/what his intentions are, and they'd come out with cold hard facts, and then (hell) there'd be some provision that the league could force him to sell the club.

I've said it before and say it again - you all clown American sports organizations and all that, and by all means, it deserves it most of the time - but when the NBA wanted to drop the hammer on the Clippers and now the Hawks, they did it. And look who the next Clippers owner is? Former CEO of Microsoft. You'd not have cunts like Tan, Ashley, or the Venkys fools anywhere near owning football clubs as they'd have been hounded out of town as soon as the knives were sharp enough and the media could get heads to turn.

:thup: agree with all of this tbh. The sports media in the US is far superior to what we have.

the level of analysis in american sports is crazy mind, it's the nature of sports over there imo

wondering how they are with ex-pro's coming out and criticising current coaches etc.?  that loyalty holds back the english game so much