Celebration Stories

Yorkie

On the 4-4 I remember nearly hitting the floor with sheer disbelief in a continental style celebration then turning to see the fastest lump of lard I have ever seen run topless right along Level 7 swinging his t-shirt. Was surreal. I thought I was crash bandicoot and he was a boulder.

Remember in one of the games v mackems when I sat in the East Stand a bloke on my row, row FF, ended up on the deck at the front of the stand after we scored, fuck knows how that happened.

Most celebrated goal of recent times is probably Cisse v Stoke.

Ended up 3 rows forward on the wrong end of a pile on the other month at Villa after Hatems goal. Got lots of apologies of the gorilla of a man who took me there, but in all honesty you don't give fuck do you? :lol:

Always end up with bad shins after every home goal now, unsure what it is, can only imagine it's off the back of the seats in from somehow.

Went absolutely mental when Tiote hit the fourth in the 4-4, not like me at all. Went running around the house and then dived on my brother and tackled him to the floor.

Imagine if Nolan's half-volley had gone in. Think there'd have been a genuine possibility that I'd pass out.

That said, one of my biggest ever regrets was not going to that game. Someone offered me a ticket and I declined. To make matters worse, I watched the first half then turned it off in a huff, putting some music on. Turned the music off just as the third went in and I could hear the stadium for my window. Having only just moved to Newcastle, it was the most surreal sound. Then, as I was in the process of logging onto this website to see what was going on, I heard the most unbelievable roar, which was Tiote's equaliser.

I regret not watching that game so much. :lol:

Went absolutely mental when Tiote hit the fourth in the 4-4, not like me at all. Went running around the house and then dived on my brother and tackled him to the floor.

Imagine if Nolan's half-volley had gone in. Think there'd have been a genuine possibility that I'd pass out.

That said, one of my biggest ever regrets was not going to that game. Someone offered me a ticket and I declined. To make matters worse, I watched the first half then turned it off in a huff, putting some music on. Turned the music off just as the third went in and I could hear the stadium for my window. Having only just moved to Newcastle, it was the most surreal sound. Then, as I was in the process of logging onto this website to see what was going on, I heard the most unbelievable roar, which was Tiote's equaliser.

I was driving with my brother into London that day, we were stuck in traffic during the first half. We were getting so battered and I was so depressed that I turned off the radio at 3-0. Then when we were nearly there I turned it on to hear the start of the comeback, and we got in the house and got the game on just in time for our fourth.

I probably wouldn't be here now if we'd scored that when I was on the M1.

5-1 was the most mental I've been too. A bunch of 3 lads jumped into our row from the row behind, even though our row was already cramped.

On the 2nd and 4th goal we all ended up in a heap in the row in front, absolute scenes.

I was driving with my brother into London that day, we were stuck in traffic during the first half. We were getting so battered and I was so depressed that I turned off the radio at 3-0. Then when we were nearly there I turned it on to hear the start of the comeback, and we got in the house and got the game on just in time for our fourth.

I probably wouldn't be here now if we'd scored that when I was on the M1.

Can remember being in the car during the 4-3 win over Man Utd in 2001. Got in the car and turned the radio on at 3-1 down. One of the best car journeys ever. :lol:

My mate snapped his achilles tendon when David Edgar scored against Man United.

Personally, and i know it's not an injury, but i was caught on tv hanging over the barrier front row of the Gallowgate after Nobby slotted the winning penalty against Liverpool. No big deal normally except i'd thrown a sickie to go to the match, we'll leave it at that.

Over the wall, I remember jumping and not coming back down :lol: me old mans mate had ran down from his seat and caught me mid celebration and winged me round for about a minute, didn't know who it was till it eventually calmed down :lol:

Great thread.

Knees were absolute jelly when Tiote's went it, turned to my left and just screamed in this poor old blokes face. :lol: No idea what would've happened had Nolan scored.

5-1's just a complete blur, most clear memory is the audible laughter at Bent's goal. :lol:

before Grimsby 93, felt sure we would get the win that would secure promotion and the title. so I decided to make a champions Banner. About 20 ft long, 3ft high.

Went into work on the sat, overtime :lol:. got out a big roll of blackout fabric and some white paint. had to hang the fabric over some room dividers. The fucking paint went right through. cleaned off as best as could.

Anyways a few of us went down , i drove the tranni, stayed in BB. got on the pitch after the first goal. and back on at the Final whistle, Did a lap of honour proudly holding one end of my Banner. Got a round of applause as we walked in front of the Grimsby end.

Got back in the crowd after a good bit of time spent on the pitch with my proud banner.

As things were quieting down I saw KK walking towards the dugouts on his own. I took my chance, jumped the fence for a third time and sprinted the witdth of the pitch- put my arms around him- remember being surprised how tiny he was :lol:.

Then I just choked up with tears with my arms round him and all I could blurt was 'Fucking Great Kev'  he smiled at me , he was just giggling like a kid himself.

when I got back to work a few days later, there was an ongoing inquest into what these ramdom big letters on some of the dividers were. I had to go and own up to what it was about, and that i had done it while clocked in on overtime to my boss who was a Mackem :lol:

Knees were absolute jelly when Tiote's went it, turned to my left and just screamed in this poor old blokes face. :lol: No idea what would've happened had Nolan scored.

5-1's just a complete blur, most clear memory is the audible laughter at Bent's goal. :lol:

I always think that's quite hilarious...more Geordies ironically celebrated int he ground than Mackems because there was hardly any of them left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

before Grimsby 92, felt sure we would get the win that would secure promotion and the title. so I decided to make a champions Banner. About 20 ft long, 3ft high.

Went into work on the sat, overtime :lol:. got out a big roll of blackout fabric and some white paint. had to hang the fabric over some room dividers. The f***ing paint went right through. cleaned off as best as could.

Anyways a few of us went down , i drove the tranni, stayed in BB. got on the pitch after the first goal. and back on at the Final whistle, Did a lap of honour proudly holding one end of my Banner. Got a round of applause as we walked in front of the Grimsby end.

Got back in the crowd after a good bit of time spent on the pitch with my proud banner.

As things were quieting down I saw KK walking towards the dugouts on his own. I took my chance, jumped the fence for a third time and sprinted the witdth of the pitch- put my arms around him- remember being surprised how tiny he was :lol:.

Then I just choked up with tears with my arms round him and all I could blurt was 'f***ing Great Kev'  he smiled at me , he was just giggling like a kid himself.

when I got back to work a few days later, there was an ongoing inquest into what these ramdom big letters on some of the dividers were. I had to go and own up to what it was about, and that i had done it while clocked in on overtime to my boss who was a Mackem :lol:

:lol:

Mint.

Ended up in the row in front when Tiote scored in the 4-4, think I stayed there for rest of match. That was the best atmosphere I've experienced at sjp for years. Also jumped up and smashed laptop screen when Cisse scored that wonder goal against Chelsea :lol:

Guest Slippery Sam

I remember Shearer scoring his first at Old Trafford against 'spurs. My Dad picked myself and my mate up one in each arm and we all collapsed in amongst the seats with people jumping around our heads. Shearer ran right to our corner and we were only 5 rows back. The goal occurred after about 10/15minutes of constant "Toon, Toon, Black and White Army" chants in the North Stand and the upper tier was bending with Black and White clad Geordies bouncing up and down. After the goal my Dad picked me up again and turned me to face the rest of the North Stand and said to me "Don't ever forget this moment son". I never have and never will - was f***ing mint.

That's one of big Mike's favourite moments too. He is a fan, after all.

I remember Shearer scoring his first at Old Trafford against 'spurs. My Dad picked myself and my mate up one in each arm and we all collapsed in amongst the seats with people jumping around our heads. Shearer ran right to our corner and we were only 5 rows back. The goal occurred after about 10/15minutes of constant "Toon, Toon, Black and White Army" chants in the North Stand and the upper tier was bending with Black and White clad Geordies bouncing up and down. After the goal my Dad picked me up again and turned me to face the rest of the North Stand and said to me "Don't ever forget this moment son". I never have and never will - was f***ing mint.

That's one of big Mike's favourite moments too. He is a fan, after all.

:lol:

That fat cunt celebrates every time he eats, surprised he hasn't posted yet...

Guest Slippery Sam

Some great stories in here :D

One that will always stick in my mind is Roy Aitken's debut v Leicester. We were 4-2 down with 13 minutes left. We pulled it back to 4-4 and then we scored the winner. I don't have the vocabulary to describe the moments following that goal, but 'the corner' (and the rest of the ground too) was just mayhem - something I can't recall experiencing again.