Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Mike

Mackems (a) - expected win - lose

Chelsea (h) - expected us to lose - win

Spurs (a) - expected us to lose - win

Norwich (h) - expect us to win -  :okay:

Does seem to be when we are expected to lose, we turn in a good performance and result.

Which suggests that your manager is a reactive one - not dissimilar to Moyes in that aspect. Can often surprise people when the pressure is supposedly off and nick a goal but when needing a plan to break down a team, can look clueless.

Nailed it pretty much.

Was listening to this at work. Highlight of the match was Collymore describing Remy as a "predator". :yao:

Great win, congrats. It sounded like the usual "you could say Spurs didn't play well but that's because Newcastle didn't let them play well" thing? Or were you exceptional or Spurs simply that bad?

Bar Krul, we were far from exceptional.

Is it a fair comment to say it was - and here comes the cliche - a good time to play Spurs? Inevitably such a comment would imply no credit should be given to you, which isn't the case whatsoever, but does the sentiment hold true?

good time to play spurs ? you mean after a euro midweek game ? (personally i think it is a mitigating factor but according to many it couldn't be for us so it can't be for them)

Well i don't want to say we should be going looking for a second goal when our defence has proven it can withstand the pressure
This f***ing sentence, man. Is this what some of us have actually become?

That's what we mainly did when we finished 5th, just made ourselves a hard team to beat. We are showing signs of that form again. If we come out agaisnt Norwich and play soem nice football, get the 3 points, we will be in a strong position. I think we are improving all the time.

You are aware setting up attempting to 'keep it tight' and hoping to sneak a goal out of no where are not the hallmarks of a consistently successful sides?

Chelsea won the champions league like that didn't they?

Was listening to this at work. Highlight of the match was Collymore describing Remy as a "predator". :yao:

Great win, congrats. It sounded like the usual "you could say Spurs didn't play well but that's because Newcastle didn't let them play well" thing? Or were you exceptional or Spurs simply that bad?

Bar Krul, we were far from exceptional.

Is it a fair comment to say it was - and here comes the cliche - a good time to play Spurs? Inevitably such a comment would imply no credit should be given to you, which isn't the case whatsoever, but does the sentiment hold true?

good time to play spurs ? you mean after a euro midweek game ? (personally i think it is a mitigating factor but according to many it couldn't be for us so it can't be for them)

I was more pointing to the fact they're clearly not firing on all cylinders currently and their manager quite obviously doesn't know his strongest side too. But regardless, as I said I'm not saying this should take credit away from your win. The fact they played on Thursday I would rank as a minor factor, no more important than any given player being injured.

Not sure how to respond. It's so obvious it's a wind-up and so overused that it's not funny. But maybe that's the joke. Maybe some post-ironic sarcasm which has blown my mind.

Let me retort with this:

http://media.lolwall.co/c/2012/09/i-have-no-idea-what-s-going-on_248960-700x.jpg

For all the grief we gave Pardew for his comments about the Europa League, it seems more accurate with every passing week given this result and the current Swansea score.

Fair play to him though, 2 difficult matches won back to back. Back to back home games usually bring us a maximum of 4 points though, so not getting too excited just yet.

Guest bimpy474

For all the grief we gave Pardew for his comments about the Europa League, it seems more accurate with every passing week given this result and the current Swansea score.

Fair play to him though, 2 difficult matches won back to back. Back to back home games usually bring us a maximum of 4 points though, so not getting too excited just yet.

How does work ?. Tottenham were far from tired, they battered us, and if it wasn't for our GK making the most saves in one game this season we would have lost.

Tiredness my arse.

How does work ?. Tottenham were far from tired, they battered us, and if it wasn't for our GK making the most saves in one game this season we would have lost.

Tiredness my arse.

People are changing history, now. We certainly were not "battered". NUFC clearly outplayed Spurs away from home in the first half and then conceded too much of the possession in the second half, which was a direct result of the team leading and our players tiring.

Tiredness my arse.

started slow and didn't really fire till they had to.

Guest bimpy474

Tiredness my arse.

People are changing history, now. We certainly were not "battered". NUFC clearly outplayed Spurs away from home in the first half and then conceded too much of the possession in the second half, which was a direct result of the team leading and our players tiring.

I was talking about the 2nd half, when we got battered without concededing, when Tottenham should have been tired. I wasn't changing anything if you like to go back through the match thread you'll see that. Apology accepted by the way.

Guest bimpy474

Tiredness my arse.

started slow and didn't really fire till they had to.

Started slow aye, but that's been aimed at them all season and has had nothing to do with Europe. It's AVB's prefered style.

And again this takes away what a good first half we had. We played well and make them look slow imo. We pressed them brilliantly in that half.