Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You rarely on here after defeat see posters say, 'well the players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that'. The immiediete backlash goes straight to Pardew, the players have to be taken into account as well. When a defeat arises, Pardew gets the blunt of it which isn't always fair imo. 

Eh, did you not see the stick Debuchy got for the sending off, or the stick Shola got for the Southampton and other games.

Trying to change the truth wont make Pardew any better, you are deluded by your insistance that Pardew isn't crap.

It was me saying that had Debuchy not got sent off, Pardew would have got at least a point if not the win? I thought it was going well until that red but people were saying we were a mess? Just like i thought Eliot was shocking and had us more knocked out than Pardew did against Cardiff, fair enough his tactics weren't steamrolling Cardiff but he got the first goal and was let down by his keeper and done off a late set piece. All the while Pardew is being painted an awful picture for having 3 L's now beside the form column when things haven't been as bad as some make out. He's got things wrong yes but he's also been let down by some of his players as well. He'll turn it around though and the players will step up the mark again, i'm sure of that. I'm not going overboard just because we've had a few iffy games in which we got beat. We were stuffed off Fulham and Spurs around these times in the 5th season but he bounced back, no reason to why the players won't respond to this.

Brett you are doing the exact same thing.  How the f*** would it have been Pardew getting the point or the win?  You are banging on about people blaming Pardew when we get beat, and then in the same breath, mentioning if it wasn't for players, Pardew would have got a point or a win?  f***ing hell lad, you are doolaly tap and so clearly Pardew's number one fan.

Well we, we would have got the point at the very least, didn't mean to say he tactically got us those or takes all the credit. I thought we were showing a lot of commitment down there and both teams were fighting each other and it was a tightly fought game, intro of Ben Arfa i felt would swing things in our favour but before we could get him on the ball enough, we were down to 10 which changed things completely and then obviously 1 nil down. One rash moment and the context of the game gave them the upper hand and they took advantage, fair play. Take it on the chin. Plenty more points throughout the season to pick up. I can't see us given Man City a free ride come Sunday, we will be up for another fight.

We were rubbish before the sending off at West Brom, I'll never accept any of this 'hard done by' stuff when the team isn't attacking the opposition in a meaningful way.  You play like that and you deserve what you get, whether you're undone by a sending off, an "unlucky" bounce, a bad refereeing decision or whatever.  In games like that where you've a much better set of players than the opposition and are in far better form then the only way you can bemoan your "approach" not working is if you go out there to show your dominance but it still doesn't work out.

See there's one blame Pardew for West Brom and not Debuchy. Plenty more of them as well.

Clearly they both take some of the blame man.

Can't remember who it was, but someone on here said that it's Pardew's fault we didn't win and Debuchy's fault that we lost, which is fair enough IMO.

See there's one blame Pardew for West Brom and not Debuchy. Plenty more of them as well.

Do you not see the blind irony in your own posts? As opposed to your view, when we win its Pardew in all his glory and when we lose its those pesky gutless players!?

Clearly they both take some of the blame man.

Can't remember who it was, but someone on here said that it's Pardew's fault we didn't win and Debuchy's fault that we lost, which is fair enough IMO.

That's a decent assessment of it  :thup: Well said whoever you are :lol:

Do you not see the blind irony in your own posts? As opposed to your view, when we win its Pardew in all his glory and when we lose its those pesky gutless players!?

I think even when we win the players aren't covered in enough glory? I think they've been excellent thus far in the season hence why we are only 6 points off the champions league spot. There's more criticism than there is praise on here that's for sure. I haven't criticised either party too much this season as i've been happy with how things are going really. Yes we got beat off Man City in extra time but it was vallaint effort straight after the mackems then backed it up against Chelsea. Then we got outdone in last 20 minutes against Cardiff and i'm hoping the players bounce back on Sunday with a much better showing.

It was a game we should have won btw, but we were woeful without any intent, so any critique coming Pardew's way is justified.

Think it was mojorising who said it btw, not sure though.

Kid Icarus iirc.

It was a game we should have won btw, but we were woeful without any intent, so any critique coming Pardew's way is justified.

Think it was mojorising who said it btw, not sure though.

Kid Icarus iirc.

Ahh fuck off then if it was him who said it, take back what i said, he's wrong, all Debuchy's fault  :lol:

:lol: I said that if you go out hoping to bore the opposition to death then you have no right to bemoan your luck when it doesn't work out.  Debuchy being a moron made our task much harder, but equally we could have lost anyway as we weren't attacking the opposition in a way worth discussing.  It was 60 minutes of nothing up to that point, which I would blame the manager for going by his post-match comments which seemed to suggest that was the plan, as it often is.

Your over-simplification of people's arguments to make yourself look sensible is massively grating at times.

:lol: I said that if you go out hoping to bore the opposition to death then you have no right to bemoan your luck when it doesn't work out.  Debuchy being a moron made our task much harder, but equally we could have lost anyway as we weren't attacking the opposition in a way worth discussing.  It was 60 minutes of nothing up to that point, which I would blame the manager for going by his post-match comments which seemed to suggest that was the plan, as it often is.

Your over-simplification of people's arguments to make yourself look sensible is massively grating at times.

It was clearly his plan to keep it tight then strike, introduction of Ben Arfa early suggested we would be trying to attack them more but we couldn't get him on the ball enough. Though i still bemused to why when through he stopped and let two defenders get back with him then try and take them on, the strange football brain of Hatem :)

This is not me agreeing with his tactics, no reason why we couldn't control this match like we did with Palace. Pardew seems to over complicate things himself by chopping and changing when to control or not, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it's failed. Frustrating nonetheless.

It was clearly his plan to keep it tight then strike, introduction of Ben Arfa early suggested we would be trying to attack them more but we couldn't get him on the ball enough. Though i still bemused to why when through he stopped and let two defenders get back with him then try and take them on, the strange football brain of Hatem :)

This is not me agreeing with his tactics, no reason why we couldn't control this match like we did with Palace. Pardew seems to over complicate things himself by chopping and changing when to control or not, sometimes it's worked, sometimes it's failed. Frustrating nonetheless.

There's 2 blaming Pardew rather than Debuchy.

Why would we want to go to West Brom to get a point?  Your argument is all over the shop man, seriously it's changing like the wind.

I don't know ask Pardew why he decided to try and contain them from scoring then looking to nick one. I've said i didn't agree with that tactic but if Debuchy hadn't of got sent and Ebn Arfa nicks the goal, it's 3 points, didn't work this time for him though due to the sending off giving WB the advantage and reducing the chances of us nicking it big style like he would have planned. We should have approached it like Palace, weather we would have won like that or not we'll never know but that's how i would have set up.

Why would we want to go to West Brom to get a point?  Your argument is all over the shop man, seriously it's changing like the wind.

I don't know ask Pardew why he decided to try and contain them from scoring then looking to nick one. I've said i didn't agree with that tactic but if Debuchy hadn't of got sent and Ebn Arfa nicks the goal, it's 3 points, didn't work this time for him though due to the sending off giving WB the advantage and reducing the chances of us nicking it big style like he would have planned. We should have approached it like Palace, weather we would have won like that or not we'll never know but that's how i would have set up.

That approach (let's call it the West Brom approach) is far less effective than the Crystal Palace approach against lesser opposition, besides being less pleasing on the eye.  That's why people have a problem with it, it's more likely to go wrong and is unnecessary, boring and tedious.

Tactics against Palace looked identical to me until we got a goal and the players clocked on how shit the opposition were. First twenty minutes was really poor and we certainly didn't go at them out of the gate.

That approach (let's call it the West Brom approach) is far less effective than the Crystal Palace approach against lesser opposition, besides being less pleasing on the eye.  That's why people have a problem with it, it's more likely to go wrong and is unnecessary, boring and tedious.

It went wrong because one of his players let him down though. Just like one of his players might save him and get 3 points with individual brilliance as some put it, he was let down on this occasion by one of them. Goes around in circles, it's a risky tactic and one really we shouldn't be adopting against likes of West Brom.

It went wrong because one of his players let him down though. Just like one of his players might save him and get 3 points with individual brilliance as some put it, he was let down on this occasion by one of them. Goes around in circles, it's a risky tactic and one really we shouldn't be adopting against likes of West Brom.

Killing the game as a spectacle and relying on magic is a shit tactic (especially against lesser opposition in poor form) and there is no excuse when it goes wrong, which it's more likely to than if you tried to exert your dominance and win the game as if it's, you know, an actual football match.  It's as simple as that for me, no point discussing it any further.