Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It always amazes me how thick the top football journalists actually are. Just watching the Sunday supplement with journalists Custis and Winter discussing the derby, and both sympathising with Pardew and absolving him of any blame or criticism, then in the next breath they start waxing lyrical about the wonderful job Poyet is doing at Sunderland. Like it's come as a massive surprise. The level of football knowledge in this country is embarrassing.

He should be made to come out and explain his decision making process as to how he thought playing a 2 man centre midfield was going work, how booting it long towards the shittest striker in the league was going to work, how not turning the 100 year old centre back partnership they had was going to work, how nullifying our best player by playing him in a crowded are was going to work, why Santon hasn't improved one jot since he moved under his leadership so we can all laugh in his horrible, lipless f***ing face the utter f***ing cowardly c***.

everything I was thinking watching the game. bet poyet saw it too as was pissing himself inside.

shame even the "new improved rebellious chronicle" couldnt publish an open letter to pards stating these points - may be we should all chip in and pay for one.

He should be made to come out and explain his decision making process as to how he thought playing a 2 man centre midfield was going work, how booting it long towards the shittest striker in the league was going to work, how not turning the 100 year old centre back partnership they had was going to work, how nullifying our best player by playing him in a crowded are was going to work, why Santon hasn't improved one jot since he moved under his leadership so we can all laugh in his horrible, lipless f***ing face the utter f***ing cowardly c***.

everything I was thinking watching the game. bet poyet saw it too as was pissing himself inside.

shame even the "new improved rebellious chronicle" couldnt publish an open letter to pards stating these points - may be we should all chip in and pay for one.

When the top national football journalists appear to be clueless, it's probably too much to expect the likes of Lee Ryder to have much insight.

It always amazes me how thick the top football journalists actually are. Just watching the Sunday supplement with journalists Custis and Winter discussing the derby, and both sympathising with Pardew and absolving him of any blame or criticism, then in the next breath they start waxing lyrical about the wonderful job Poyet is doing at Sunderland. Like it's come as a massive surprise. The level of football knowledge in this country is embarrassing.

you really just have to break it down into what he got right and what he got wrong imho to make people see, let's try:

right:

picked 11 players, debatable imo if he chose the right 11 but given how fucked de jong looked probably did

wrong:

chose the wrong CB pairing in which neither could read the game and snuff out counters, they got pulled all over the place and left miles of space for them to run into

played HBA in the wrong place twice at least, even putting him up against their best FB on HBA's poorer side where he never plays well

played long balls to shola against a team playing on the counter with CB's who are fine with long balls but not with skill and pace and with a deep lying DM picking up scraps as his main job

kept shola on for 90 mins

took sammy off

again back to the long ball tactics that isolated the only things we had going for us in anita, sissoko & HBA

let santon take more than one dead ball

kept santon on too long at LB

didn't take debuchy off who looked a fucking liability throughout

there's probably more but honestly, how can you fail that badly at your job when it's your only job?

The national journalists know fuck all about us that's why, the likes of winter and Custis don't make it this far north very often.

Bottom line is regardless of what's going on at board room level we have a team which is more than capable of giving the mackems a game yet for the 3rd Derby in a row this hasn't come to fruition

their movement got me yesterday, forget at which point of the game it was 'cause it happened so much but they were piling forward, streaming ahead of the man with the ball time after time looking to attack and score more goals

we don't even do that when we need to score goals, never mind when we're 3-0 up, which we never are

their movement got me yesterday, forget at which point of the game it was 'cause it happened so much but they were piling forward, streaming ahead of the man with the ball time after time looking to attack and score more goals

we don't even do that when we need to score goals, never mind when we're 3-0 up, which we never are

I saw that movement even when we got outplayed by Brighton and said it at the time. They didn't just defend well in numbers, but when they got possession there was a lot of forward movement, and they did it all while passing it on the deck.

They played well yesterday but they've not exactly been that good under Poyet (performances wise). They try to play the right way but have still looked pretty terrible in the couple of other instances I've seen them. They look much better away from home, IMO.

sound familiar?  we've been fucking shit at home for ages man, we look OK against the better teams but anyone coming to keep it tight and do us on the break it's nothing but an utter struggle and we've been very lucky to win some of the ones we did

They played well yesterday but they've not exactly been that good under Poyet (performances wise). They try to play the right way but have still looked pretty terrible in the couple of other instances I've seen them.

That's because their squad is still pretty shit.

They played well yesterday but they've not exactly been that good under Poyet (performances wise). They try to play the right way but have still looked pretty terrible in the couple of other instances I've seen them. They look much better away from home, IMO.

sound familiar?  we've been f***ing s*** at home for ages man, we look OK against the better teams but anyone coming to keep it tight and do us on the break it's nothing but an utter struggle and we've been very lucky to win some of the ones we did

Yeah, it does sound familiar. I'm not defending Pardew, man, I just don't think Poyet's all he's being cracked up to be.

sound familiar?  we've been f***ing s*** at home for ages man, we look OK against the better teams but anyone coming to keep it tight and do us on the break it's nothing but an utter struggle and we've been very lucky to win some of the ones we did

Yeah, it does sound familiar. I'm not defending Pardew, man, I just don't think Poyet's all he's being cracked up to be.

sorry aye wasn't chelping at you dude :thup:

What is Gus Poyet cracked up to be? No one's claimed he's Gus Hiddink, he's a lower league manager who is worth a punt if you are looking for someone to do a job on the cheap.

@lee_ryder: Pardew on derby: "Maybe the pressure of losing the last two played a part because we certainly rushed possession." #nufc

Fucking coward man. Nowt to do with him telling them to hoof it to Shola at the earliest opportunity.