Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First time I've properly been on here since the match but that first half was the worst thing I've ever seen. Pardew is a shithead, I hate him and he f***ed this up like never before. Playing hoofball to Shola Ameobi ffs - even when it worked there was no follow-up. His full-time job is to work on tactics and training, yet that was the best he came up with?

Probably the biggest regret of my life was not running onto the pitch and punching him right in the face.

Its the best decision youve made to be fair.

Brett Ian & happy would club together to put a hit out on you if you touched Pardew lol

What you on about? Have you even read any of my posts.

Just because my default view of everything Pardew says and does is not dribbling rage you've assumed I want him here? I've opposed his appointment since the day it was announced.

Obviously he's been hung out to dry but I don't have even the slightest modicum of sympathy for him. He knew what he was signing up for and is cut from the same cloth anyway. If he was that disgraced by the treatment he would've walked months and months ago. Added to the fact he's rubbish and has a huge responsibility for the last two average/abysmal seasons football-wise. Fuck him.

Just because my default view of everything Pardew says and does is not dribbling rage you've assumed I want him here? I've opposed his appointment since the day it was announced.

It's as if you have a split personality, the you on here defends him with the odd protest when called out while on Toontastic you're against him.  You probably confuse yourself about what you said and where.

The fact he couldn't answer if we can can make and permanent signings is very dodgy IMO. How are we not in a position to!

Noticed that. Weird one.

please let it be a sign that Ashley is planning to sell up

The fact he couldn't answer if we can can make and permanent signings is very dodgy IMO. How are we not in a position to!

Couldn't answer isn't a fact, wouldn't answer is.

Apart from being tightfisted and paying back Ashley's loan a possible reason for no permanent signings may be to make the balance sheet look attractive to woo investors. Grasping at straws I know.

I am slightly fearful of the reaction I will get to this post, but I myself am trying to work out the events of the weekend and make sense of it.

If Pardew had been sacked at the end of last season, but Kinnear was still DoF, no permanent signings etc etc, and we had appointed a manager of the quality of a Martinez (or whoever else people would want to replace Pardew), do people think we would be doing markedly better? 

Don't get me wrong - Pardew is an average manager and if someone offered me a better manager, I would snap their hand off.

I think Martinez (or anyone worth considering) would not take the job with Kinnear as DOF so that question is not really answerable . Also  I cannot believe anyone would disagree with your final sentence.

Fair enough - I suppose the question isn't all that great.  On the basis that there are lots of better managers out there than Pardew, it is reasonable to assume they would be doing better than him.  I just can't work out by how much he is underperforming and where we should reasonably expect to be (caveated of course by the fact that we should be aiming to win stuff and shouldn't limit ourselves..).

Taking the results in isolation on a spreadsheet, he's not doing a bad job this season. As a supporter, this result coupled with the cup performances/results have been a disgusting slap in the face.

Personally I could never ever forgive him for last season's derby, now that he's doubled it up though I don't know how anybody could.

Apart from being tightfisted and paying back Ashley's loan a possible reason for no permanent signings may be to make the balance sheet look attractive to woo investors. Grasping at straws I know.

Nowt wrong with grasping at straws, they're all we've got.

The fact he couldn't answer if we can can make any permanent signings is very dodgy IMO. How are we not in a position to?

It's pretty obvious isn't it? he has no say in anything other than selecting the team on a Saturday/Sunday and if he questions his bosses in public and blame them for his own failures he would lose his job. ( well at least there would be a possibility of it)

A job that he will never get any better and he knows it.

Obviously he's been hung out to dry but I don't have even the slightest modicum of sympathy for him. He knew what he was signing up for and is cut from the same cloth anyway. If he was that disgraced by the treatment he would've walked months and months ago. Added to the fact he's rubbish and has a huge responsibility for the last two average/abysmal seasons football-wise. Fuck him.

He's the anti-Keegan in every possible way.

Some people say that Keegan should have swallowed his pride and got on with the job for the good of the club - why, to become what Alan Pardew is? I'm so glad he walked, I respect him even more for it.

It's as if you have a split personality, the you on here defends him with the odd protest when called out while on Toontastic you're against him.  You probably confuse yourself about what you said and where.

Quote me then.

I said he improved or style of play from last year.

I said our start and finish wasn't too bad last year and the Europa made it hard for him with or lack of depth.

When people claimed almost ANY other manager in the league would be better I argued otherwise.

I said I have no faith whatsoever in a replacement made by Ashley.

I also said I hate the cunt. Always have.

Because Kinnear is heading the negotiation team? Honestly don't know what's going on. Never liked Llambias but we did get done some business done in his time. Is Kinnear doing what Ashley wants by signing no one? Or was he given a mandate to sign a player or two but (for the second window in a row) failed? Surely he has to be out of his depth handling player transfers ffs.  Just don't know what the fuck is going on here right now.

He's the anti-Keegan in every possible way.

Some people say that Keegan should have swallowed his pride and got on with the job for the good of the club - why, to become what Alan Pardew is? I'm so glad he walked, I respect him even more for it.

:thup:

I was angry at him at first but it didn't take long for me to see sense. With every 'incident', or whatever, that has happened since 2008, I respect Keegan more for getting out of there asap.

I am slightly fearful of the reaction I will get to this post, but I myself am trying to work out the events of the weekend and make sense of it.

If Pardew had been sacked at the end of last season, but Kinnear was still DoF, no permanent signings etc etc, and we had appointed a manager of the quality of a Martinez (or whoever else people would want to replace Pardew), do people think we would be doing markedly better? 

Don't get me wrong - Pardew is an average manager and if someone offered me a better manager, I would snap their hand off.

I think Martinez (or anyone worth considering) would not take the job with Kinnear as DOF so that question is not really answerable . Also  I cannot believe anyone would disagree with your final sentence.

Fair enough - I suppose the question isn't all that great.  On the basis that there are lots of better managers out there than Pardew, it is reasonable to assume they would be doing better than him.  I just can't work out by how much he is underperforming and where we should reasonably expect to be (caveated of course by the fact that we should be aiming to win stuff and shouldn't limit ourselves..).

Taking the results in isolation on a spreadsheet, he's not doing a bad job this season. As a supporter, this result coupled with the cup performances/results have been a disgusting slap in the face.

Personally I could never ever forgive him for last season's derby, now that he's doubled it up though I don't know how anybody could.

Only Sunderland and Fulham have lost more games against bottom half opponents.

Only Sunderland and Fulham have lost more games against bottom half opponents.

You've convinced me, he's shite.

Gullitt walked after dropping Shearer and losing a derby match 2-1 at home, and the press called his team sheet the  equivalent of a suicide note. Yet Pardew loses two successive home derbies 3-0 on the bounce and yet the fans are still sympathetic. I'm flabbergasted tbh. We just seem to accept derby defeats with a shrug of the shoulders these days.

Gullitt walked after dropping Shearer and losing a derby match 2-1 at home, and the press called his team sheet the  equivalent of a suicide note. Yet Pardew loses two successive home derbies 3-0 on the bounce and yet the fans are still sympathetic. I'm flabbergasted tbh. We just seem to accept derby defeats with a shrug of the shoulders these days.

Horse punching, pitch invading, season ticket hoying, full throated, stadium wide booing and negatory chanting aside like.

I get your point, but we were doing a hell of a lot worse in terms of league position under Gullit so I am not sure it is comparable?

Because Kinnear is heading the negotiation team? Honestly don't know what's going on. Never liked Llambias but we did get done some business done in his time. Is Kinnear doing what Ashley wants by signing no one? Or was he given a mandate to sign a player or two but (for the second window in a row) failed? Surely he has to be out of his depth handling player transfers ffs.  Just don't know what the f*** is going on here right now.

Yeah but I read the question as basically, "can newcastle United make signings?" To which he tried to duck out of. Seemed odd

Yes I agree it was odd. Maybe he didn't want to or could not say "because our Director of football, who is a great mate of the owner, is useless at his job" or maybe he didn't want to or could not say "because the owner has given the order that we buy no one". Yet again maybe he just doesn't know what's going on. Agree with Wullie's point about him being the anti Keegan FWIW.

Horse punching, pitch invading, season ticket hoying, full throated, stadium wide booing and negatory chanting aside like.

If we lose the next two but beat Villa in 3 weeks time there'll be plenty of wankers at the ground asking him to wave at them and you know it.