Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The huge difference is SBR had out best interests at heart, was a good manager, didn't actively denigrate the club, the fans, praise the owner, wasn't hired purely as a front man. It's in no way similar

I'm just bored of every utterance being criticised no matter what. 

No matter how happy or forlorn he is. 

No matter how honest or deceiving.

No matter how factual or misleading.

FWIW i don't think he should resign for any of the board-mouthpiece bullshit, i think he should resign for saturday

The huge difference is SBR had out best interests at heart, was a good manager, didn't actively denigrate the club, the fans, praise the owner, wasn't hired purely as a front man. It's in no way similar

And the best way to combat this is definitely to say "SBR [was a] front for an owner draining resources out of the club and [was] actively taking the p*ss out of us."

Pray for the day I log on and this thread title has changed to.

"Confirmed Alan pardew leaves Newcastle by mutual consent"

I hope he refuses the "mutual consent" line to secure his pay off and  associated gagging agreement.

I'd like him to lift the lid once he's gone.

...that said, he'll be more likely to follow the Hughton example.  Someone who wants to keep working in the game so keeps his head down and doesn't criticise.  That's attractive to owners.

You've got to get over this mate, it's how it is. Everyone hates everything about the regime too much for it to ever change.

I think thats a bit unfair Ian.

When he took over and all the talk was of 'root and branch reviews', of 'new ways ahead' of 'sensible investment and quality improvement' a lot of us, me included were dancing jigs of joy.

I have no and had no blinkered view of FS.

But when you have been lied to, time and time again, when all actions speak of someone who has utter contempt for you, the club you love, your fellow supporters and the city and area in general...surely enough is enough at some point?

Do I hate everything about this regime now? too fucking right.

From its crony, fake manager, to its inept and utterly ridiculous DOf and obviously to the cheap, tacky, slimeball hierarchy we have infesting us.

That is not borne out of desperatley wanting to despise the regime, its a consquence of their actions and lies.

He's also had more chances than he's deserved to redeem himself imo....they all have.

I find it staggering that anyone can put any store or have any faith in anything they say now...they are completely barren,rotten,slimy,bankrupt of morals and utterly corrupt.

And the best way to combat this is definitely to say "SBR [was a] front for an owner draining resources out of the club and [was] actively taking the p*ss out of us."

Do you know how Much Freddy Shepherd put into Newcastle United and how much he took out?

Did you EVER see Bobby Robson criticise him while he was here?

He didn't go as far as dedicating wins to the bloke, but he certainly played the game.

You've got to get over this mate, it's how it is. Everyone hates everything about the regime too much for it to ever change.

I think thats a bit unfair Ian.

When he took over and all the talk was of 'root and branch reviews', of 'new ways ahead' of 'sensible investment and quality improvement' a lot of us, me included were dancing jigs of joy.

I have no and had no blinkered view of FS.

But when you have been lied to, time and time again, when all actions speak of someone who has utter contempt for you, the club you love, your fellow supporters and the city and area in general...surely enough is enough at some point?

Do I hate everything about this regime now? too fucking right.

From its crony, fake manager, to its inept and utterly ridiculous DOf and obviously to the cheap, tacky, slimeball hierarchy we have infesting us.

That is not borne out of desperatley wanting to despise the regime, its a consquence of their actions and lies.

He's also had more chances than he's deserved to redeem himself imo....they all have.

I find it staggering that anyone can put any store or have any faith in anything they say now...they are completely barren,rotten,slimy,bankrupt of morals and utterly corrupt.

Agree 99%

I despise it.  My own waste of time spleen venting blog has a description that just about matches exactly what you say...

A COMPENDIUM OF CONTRADICTIONS FROM MIKE ASHLEY

A PLACE WHERE I CAN COMPARE AND CONTRAST STATEMENTS EMANATING FROM WITHIN THE HALLS OF POWER AT ST JAMES' PARK IN ORDER THAT I MIGHT ILLUSTRATE THE LIES THAT HAVE LED ME TO BECOME SO DISILLUSIONED WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BELOVED CLUB.

And that was started 5 years back!

...but I don't lose all my critical faculties and just pour bile on any & every comment the manager ever makes.

There's a balance to strike where you criticise what deserves criticism, and not indiscriminately, if you want to be taken seriously as a critic.

Nah I don't know, you can tell me if you want?

I know that anything Bobby Robson sold in the transfer market was reinvested back in the squad though. (A quick look on transfermarkt suggests Robson spent around £60m)

yeah this was the point i was going to make about shepherd, it wasn't all gravy but for the most part he understood you need to be winning games on the pitch and improving year on year or you go backwards

it was just his execution really

I know that anything Bobby Robson sold in the transfer market was reinvested back in the squad though. (A quick look on transfermarkt suggests Robson spent around £60m)

He barely sold anyone in 3 years or summat tbf.

Domi and Goma.  Nowt to get worked up over.

Never got any time to reinvest the Woodgate money, that went to Souness.

But then Pardew has had almost £50m of investment too.  People keep saying the one thing he should be thankful for is his team full of internationals that he's been provided to save his skin.

Guest reefatoon

Gonna be on Radio Newcastle very soon to talk about what's going on.

Let us know what was said fella.  I can't get Radio Newcastle to play here at work.

But then Pardew has had almost £50m of investment too.  People keep saying the one thing he should be thankful for is his team full of internationals that he's been provided to save his skin.

So what point are you trying to make here? How is Robson a front for an owner draining resources out of the club?

Robson was backed heavily in the transfer market and (according to transfermarket) spent an extra £50-£60m or so in excess of any money he brought in through transfers. In a similar time frame Pardew has made a £45m profit or something daft like that. The 2 situations are wildly different.

And Pardew should be happy for his "team full of internationals that he's been provided to save his skin," he has a very good set of players as we've made some very astute purchases. The squad as a whole is still wafer thin and he's still talking utter shit in defence of the man who has the power too, but flat out refuses to spend the funds we're generating from player sales on replacements/squad improvements.

what point are you making about robson/pardew now HF?  it's honestly hard to follow

Put half of Pardew's quotes in another managers mouth and you would think nothing of them.  What Robson said about the Woodgate sale could have come from Pardew about Cabaye 100%, but if it had he would get a much harder time than Robson ever did for playing the game.

People (perhaps correctly) see Pardew as a slimy, despicable, spineless, prick and (correctly) as a shit manager.  They project that view onto whatever he says.  Rather than actually read what he says and then judge it without the baggage.

People (correctly) saw Robson as an honourable gentleman and a more than capable manager and they project that view onto the exact same sentiment when expressed by him.

It might not be worth worrying about, that we're being unfair to a slimy, despicable slimy prick of a shit manager.  But I personally like to be fair to everyone.

I'm struggling to see how Bobby Robson providing 1 set of quotes on a player saying "I don't want to sell him but we're getting a good price" is in any way akin to Pardew regularly coming out with shit trying to justify Ashley's actions. Like Robson would bottle a set of questions aimed him like Pardew has there ffs:

"'Well, I’ve said it, ain’t I? But I’m meaning in the long-term as well as the short-term, that it’s the quality we need. And, you know, today has been a tough day for us and I don’t really want to add any more to it, to be honest."

Each to their own I suppose, I know Robson had the clubs best interests at heart and was a godsend himself to the club. Pardew is a mouthpiece, there's really no comparison between the 2.

So what point are you trying to make here? How is Robson a front for an owner draining resources out of the club?

Robson was backed heavily in the transfer market and (according to transfermarket) spent an extra £50-£60m or so in excess of any money he brought in through transfers. In a similar time frame Pardew has made a £45m profit or something daft like that. The 2 situations are wildly different.

And Pardew should be happy for his "team full of internationals that he's been provided to save his skin," he has a very good set of players as we've made some very astute purchases. The squad as a whole is still wafer thin and he's still talking utter shit in defence of the man who has the power too, but flat out refuses to spend the funds we're generating from player sales on replacements/squad improvements.

The Shepherd's took money from banks to give to Robson to spend.  They loaned that money off the back of our full stadium.  Then they paid themselves tens of millions in dividends for doing such a great job as they extended the debt year on year, posting losses most of the time.  That debt remains.  There's was an even sneakier ponzi scheme than Ashley's.  I don't know what was intended by whoever called Pardew/Robson a "front" but I just took that as being manager at the time and not criticising the owners as what they were doing was ruining the club.

Like I said, I don't see what it is in these quotes that is utter shit.  I'm always on the lookout for lies that I can add to my blog if anyone can explain it to me.  He just refused to be drawn into criticising.

"Thank God we're not playing in Europe next season"

"I couldn't care less if Arsenal beat us 4-0 next week"

"Our fans should thank him because we are not as affluent as some other clubs"

A few of my personal faves, off the top of my head.

Take the quotes on their own and they're probably not that bad, consider them alongside everything else he says and they're just more waffle. He's going back on previous statements he's made and trying to spin as something else "Well erm, when I said that I didn't, like, err, mean this window. We'll replace Cabaye sometime... I think." And ultimately just try to avoid the questions as best he can and get out of the interview sharpish.

It was obviously going to be a difficult interview after another 3-0 home defeat to them muppets, but that's sort of his own fault.

Prefer the one about Carl Cort and Ameobi but why are we still talking about Robson?

Aye,  stuff like that I can understand being criticised.

what point are you making about robson/pardew now HF?  it's honestly hard to follow

Put half of Pardew's quotes in another managers mouth and you would think nothing of them.  What Robson said about the Woodgate sale could have come from Pardew about Cabaye 100%, but if it had he would get a much harder time than Robson ever did for playing the game.

People (perhaps correctly) see Pardew as a slimy, despicable, spineless, prick and (correctly) as a shit manager.  They project that view onto whatever he says.  Rather than actually read what he says and then judge it without the baggage.

People (correctly) saw Robson as an honourable gentleman and a more than capable manager and they project that view onto the exact same sentiment when expressed by him.

It might not be worth worrying about, that we're being unfair to a slimy, despicable slimy prick of a shit manager.  But I personally like to be fair to everyone.

Why do you give a shit if people are quoting Pardew in order to make him look like a gormless twat? Aren't you missing the point that he is one?