Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We haven't got a midfield that can play a 4-4-2 now imo, not when there's such a paucity of threat from wide. Anita looks completely lost in a central pair and always has done. Unfortunately the manager hasn't noticed.

We haven't got a midfield that can play a 4-4-2 now imo, not when there's such a paucity of threat from wide. Anita looks completely lost in a central pair and always has done. Unfortunately the manager hasn't noticed.

This, and playing it without ordinairy wingers who can't cross - it's useless.

I guess unless you are watching us every week, it would look like Pardew is doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances.  Most journalists will only see the highlights and maybe read occasional match reports e.g. it was said we did OK against Chelsea.  Caulkin is forever arguing with his journalist colleagues at their misperception of the NE teams but those journalists who rarely venture out of London or Manchester, still think they know more than the locals do.  No doubt they buy into the propaganda that Llambias used to feed them about those nasty Geordies hating all Cockneys.

But when you are a fan and see every game and know all the ins and outs, you see how things are developing and the same shortcomings not being rectified and players not improving and so on and know that it is only going to get worse.

For example, many of us were surprised about Laudrup but Swansea fans were not - they could see how things were deteriorating.

If you look at fans's websites, you often get a different impression to the one that the national media portrays which shows they really are not fully aware of all the facts.

I think if Pardew had anything about him, he should resign as I don't think his stock will ever be higher than it is now.  He would be guaranteed a Premier League job albeit not at such a big club as Newcastle but he would probably get a bigger salary and be allowed greater influence in transfers.  The longer he stays, the more tarnished his reputation will become.

Of our wide players, we have only one who can cross in Debuchy. How Pardew has come to the conclusion that calls for a 4-4-2 formation is baffling to say the least.

Of our wide players, we have only one who can cross in Debuchy. How Pardew has come to the conclusion that calls for a 4-4-2 formation is baffling to say the least.

To be fair, when Haidara came on a few games ago (can't remember which) he put several decent crosses in.

To be fair, when Haidara came on a few games ago (can't remember which) he put several decent crosses in.

It was Stoke at home. When we were up against 9 men Pardew finally felt  confident enough to go for it.

I guess unless you are watching us every week, it would look like Pardew is doing a decent job under very difficult circumstances.  Most journalists will only see the highlights and maybe read occasional match reports e.g. it was said we did OK against Chelsea.  Caulkin is forever arguing with his journalist colleagues at their misperception of the NE teams but those journalists who rarely venture out of London or Manchester, still think they know more than the locals do.  No doubt they buy into the propaganda that Llambias used to feed them about those nasty Geordies hating all Cockneys.

But when you are a fan and see every game and know all the ins and outs, you see how things are developing and the same shortcomings not being rectified and players not improving and so on and know that it is only going to get worse.

For example, many of us were surprised about Laudrup but Swansea fans were not - they could see how things were deteriorating.

If you look at fans's websites, you often get a different impression to the one that the national media portrays which shows they really are not fully aware of all the facts.

I think if Pardew had anything about him, he should resign as I don't think his stock will ever be higher than it is now.  He would be guaranteed a Premier League job albeit not at such a big club as Newcastle but he would probably get a bigger salary and be allowed greater influence in transfers.  The longer he stays, the more tarnished his reputation will become.

Good post

Yep, although with the caveat that the Laudrup thing doesn't necessarily mean Swansea fans were right.

Good post

Yep, although with the caveat that the Laudrup thing doesn't necessarily mean Swansea fans were right.

Absolutely, boils my blood when other clubs supporters think Pardew is a "Decent Guy" and a "Solid Manager", "you are doing well up this season, despite all the Ashely, Kinnear stuff". If people are not a Newcastle fan or follower its all judged in a fleeting glance.

Also to be noted Pardew is a cockney lovee, and sucks up close to the likes of Mourinho and Ferguson. Shame despite watching and taking in training sessions with them over the years he learned absolutely nothing.

Mate has just said this regarding Pardew:

"Problem is though, without the board getting involved in first team affairs, pardew is a good manager and gets results.

As soon as someone gets involved, ie the removal of cabaye, pardew and the players buckle under the pressure.

Players in the team excel when the whole team excels. And the negative effect is that pardew and the players fail when the going gets tough.

The players are heartless, pardew doesnt know what to do and it becomes a disaster"

Interested to hear what you lot think of that.

I personally feel that the sign of a good manager is being able to motivate and organise his team when the chips are down, not just when we are going through a good patch and players are in form, if he can't do both then how can he be a good manager?

Ask your mate if he thinks WHU, Charlton and Southampton fired him because their boards were 'too involved' in the team...?

The trouble with many NUFC fans is that they see something in Pardew that 3 other decent clubs have not...or rather, maybe they DON'T see something that the 3 other clubs DID...!

I wonder what it would take for him to get the sack? Lose rest on the games for season?  It'd almost be worth it.

Threat of relegation. Or the players aka Ashley's investments turning against him.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that, if we had a semi-decent cover RB, Debuchy would have been tried as a defensive RW.

Mate has just said this regarding Pardew:

"Problem is though, without the board getting involved in first team affairs, pardew is a good manager and gets results.

As soon as someone gets involved, ie the removal of cabaye, pardew and the players buckle under the pressure.

Players in the team excel when the whole team excels. And the negative effect is that pardew and the players fail when the going gets tough.

The players are heartless, pardew doesnt know what to do and it becomes a disaster"

Interested to hear what you lot think of that.

I personally feel that the sign of a good manager is being able to motivate and organise his team when the chips are down, not just when we are going through a good patch and players are in form, if he can't do both then how can he be a good manager?

Ask your mate if he thinks WHU, Charlton and Southampton fired him because their boards were 'too involved' in the team...?

The trouble with many NUFC fans is that they see something in Pardew that 3 other decent clubs have not...or rather, maybe they DON'T see something that the 3 other clubs DID...!

So he can't inspire the players or work them through tough times. He buckles under pressure, as does his players and doesn't know what to do with them in general?          Sounds like a good manager?

If the whole team excels I would imagine the players in it excel too, I am being pedantic but that is generally the case in most clubs. That said explain Cisse, Obertan, Santon, and Shola over the first half of the season.

The sale value of our players must be dropping like a stone.  Hopefully the £££s he's losing on his asset values might help him make the decision to sack Pardew.

This is the straw I've been clutching the last few days. Finishing top 10s one thing, but if we're not selling players on for as big a profit he'd have been expecting, he won't be chuffed.