Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speaking of Guthrie, where is he now? Definitely thought he was good enough for a lower PL team. Would probably get a start for us now :scared:

Reading, was struggling for games when he first signed no idea how he is doing now. Would definitely add some creativity for us now.

I think it's a bit cliche that Pardew makes poor players play better than they are, or would at any other club tbh. Most poor players have just looked unsurprisingly like poor players under him.

Williamson is fairly solid when alongside Coloccini and Leon Best and Ryan Taylor have been "useful" under him. There are many other poor players up and down the league putting in performances for other managers.

I don't play close enough attention to other clubs to notice how their poorer players are performing but I know Williamson, Best, Raylor, Perch, Guthrie etc.. Have all had spells at the club where they were considered worse than shite then could have arguably been harshly moved out of the team when the regular first teamers have got fit again. Williamson is probably our first choice centre back (even with everyone fit) at the moment for example.

I don't think Pardew improved any of those players, they just fit in with his back to basics style of football. Not surprising since they are Championship players for the most part.

That is entirely the point though isn't it?

They were all looking like decent premiership players, Best had something like a 1 in 3 goal record and I dread to even post this because I am too lazy to search for the posts but IIRC a fair few were suggesting it would be harsh to drop Guthrie for Cabaye at one point. Perch was doing a far better job than Tiote, Williamson in the season we finished 5th and this season was doing really well, Raylor was performing better than expected (I think he would have been really useful this season actually).

Give Pardew a talented player and he doesn't have a clue what to do with him, give him a poor to average player and he will get them exceeding most people expectations.

I disagree like. Give him a "poor" player and they'll likely be poor. Obertan, Ameobi, Gosling, Smith, Lovenkrands, Kuqi, Routledge, Campbell...

Some players have stuck in a few surprisingly good performances under him, but nothing out of the ordinary imo. And nothing that raised them above being decent back-up (hence them being sold to Championship sides.)

Speaking of Guthrie, where is he now? Definitely thought he was good enough for a lower PL team. Would probably get a start for us now :scared:

Reading, was struggling for games when he first signed no idea how he is doing now. Would definitely add some creativity for us now.

Played in most games but was out injured for a couple recently.

I think it's a bit cliche that Pardew makes poor players play better than they are, or would at any other club tbh. Most poor players have just looked unsurprisingly like poor players under him.

Williamson is fairly solid when alongside Coloccini and Leon Best and Ryan Taylor have been "useful" under him. There are many other poor players up and down the league putting in performances for other managers.

I don't play close enough attention to other clubs to notice how their poorer players are performing but I know Williamson, Best, Raylor, Perch, Guthrie etc.. Have all had spells at the club where they were considered worse than shite then could have arguably been harshly moved out of the team when the regular first teamers have got fit again. Williamson is probably our first choice centre back (even with everyone fit) at the moment for example.

I don't think Pardew improved any of those players, they just fit in with his back to basics style of football. Not surprising since they are Championship players for the most part.

They were all looking like decent premiership players, Best had something like a 1 in 3 goal record and I dread to even post this because I am too lazy to search for the posts but IIRC a fair few were suggesting it would be harsh to drop Guthrie for Cabaye at one point. Perch was doing a far better job than Tiote, Williamson in the season we finished 5th and this season was doing really well, Raylor was performing better than expected (I think he would have been really useful this season actually).

Give Pardew a talented player and he doesn't have a clue what to do with him, give him a poor to average player and he will get them exceeding most people expectations.

I disagree like. Give him a "poor" player and they'll likely be poor. Obertan, Ameobi, Gosling, Smith, Lovenkrands, Kuqi, Routledge, Campbell...

Some players have stuck in a few surprisingly good performances under him, but nothing out of the ordinary imo. And nothing that raised them above being decent back-up (hence them being sold to Championship sides.)

Well yeah he isn't a miracle worker :lol: but he has raised a few 'lesser' player's performances, just my opinion.

Guest tollemache

If we sack Pardew, we'll be in the bottom 4 this time next season apparently  :lol:

Based on what? These guys are ridiculous.

:lol: I wonder how good the EPL would be if England had an actual sports media.

It's so bad here tbh. I can't think of one journalist/pundit I respect. The is version is streets ahead

It sounds like no one with a TV gig watches a minute of our games.

That's basically it, they do the bare minimum and watch what's on/big teams. Then peddle the latest cliche around "pardew is doing fine", I seem to recall one saying we were a threat from set pieces once

:lol: A threat to the fans behind the goal and the players making up the wall.

And to ourselves if i recall, we seemed to end up conceding from them :lol: we innovated the set piece

Getting back to it, I saw something when that dude walked up to Pards and tried to give him his season ticket. The caption was like "They're 8th!" all incredulous that the fans would be this p*ssed off. I found it hilarious, tbh. How unaware of our team/play/last two seasons do you have to be to think we're overreacting.

That's it, that's the rhetoric that's getting put out there constantly, so it becomes fact as people don't know/care enough about us. It's grim.

The deadly bit of it is that we've probably got an owner that gets his opinions from TV.

I'd honestly be surprised if he even watches football, I don't think he even likes it

:lol: Comes to the games, sees a relatively full house. Looks at the table, not in the bottom three or top six, good enough.

I genuinely think thats the case, I'm sure that latest article said he hadn't been to a game in like 6 months. Doesn't even live up here :lol:

:lol: He's a glance owner. That's how Kinnear being terrible escaped his attention.

Yeah basically hired him, fucked off somewhere.

This next DOF hire (if he makes one) will determine if anything will ever happen for this team as long as he owns it. Get a football mind in that understands what the fanbase wants and we could probably accomplish something.

it was pointless us even entering the cups as usual under this ownership.

That boiled my piss. Not trying v Cardiff with 8th or 9th in the league all but guaranteed was criminal. For some reason everyone does it though. Saints rested players yesterday despite being in basically the same situation as us

Guest tollemache

This summer, I reckon: Ben Arfa and Cisse out, De Jong and Remy or somebody else in. A centre mid worth a few bob in, plus Cabella. All other ins to depend on outs.

If we sack Pardew, we'll be in the bottom 4 this time next season apparently  :lol:

Based on what? These guys are ridiculous.

:lol: I wonder how good the EPL would be if England had an actual sports media.

It's so bad here tbh. I can't think of one journalist/pundit I respect. The is version is streets ahead

It sounds like no one with a TV gig watches a minute of our games.

That's basically it, they do the bare minimum and watch what's on/big teams. Then peddle the latest cliche around "pardew is doing fine", I seem to recall one saying we were a threat from set pieces once

:lol: A threat to the fans behind the goal and the players making up the wall.

And to ourselves if i recall, we seemed to end up conceding from them :lol: we innovated the set piece

Getting back to it, I saw something when that dude walked up to Pards and tried to give him his season ticket. The caption was like "They're 8th!" all incredulous that the fans would be this p*ssed off. I found it hilarious, tbh. How unaware of our team/play/last two seasons do you have to be to think we're overreacting.

That's it, that's the rhetoric that's getting put out there constantly, so it becomes fact as people don't know/care enough about us. It's grim.

The deadly bit of it is that we've probably got an owner that gets his opinions from TV.

I'd honestly be surprised if he even watches football, I don't think he even likes it

:lol: Comes to the games, sees a relatively full house. Looks at the table, not in the bottom three or top six, good enough.

I genuinely think thats the case, I'm sure that latest article said he hadn't been to a game in like 6 months. Doesn't even live up here :lol:

:lol: He's a glance owner. That's how Kinnear being terrible escaped his attention.

Yeah basically hired him, fucked off somewhere.

This next DOF hire (if he makes one) will determine if anything will ever happen for this team as long as he owns it. Get a football mind in that understands what the fanbase wants and we could probably accomplish something.

it was pointless us even entering the cups as usual under this ownership.

That boiled my piss. Not trying v Cardiff with 8th or 9th in the league all but guaranteed was criminal. For some reason everyone does it though. Saints rested players yesterday despite being in basically the same situation as us

Well not everyone. Swansea and Wigan won the domestic trophies last year, the mackems are in a final and a quarter final this time. Countless other examples in recent times.

I think those players mentioned by Cajun are Championship players who end up playing in the premier because they have had a few outstanding players alongside them winning the points. Take Colo, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye  and Ben Arfa out and the same team which finished 5th would end up in the Championship. Just look at the difference one or two players missing has made in the last few fixtures.

I would rather have that little Argie manager from Southampton.

Tons of managers around who wants their team playing entertaining football. Said last season that Martinez would've been an excellent appointment as long as he had some guidances in the transfer window. Doing a very good job at Everton who could've been further up the table had they not been so unlucky in the beginning of the season where they just couldn't seem to score from a million of chances.

Swansea has just sacked someone who I'd w*** my penis off if we got. The whole "might as well keep him, because who would we replace him with" went out the window the second he was sacked.

:thup:

Completely forgot about him.

Guest tollemache

edit: @ interpolic

True. Far too many teams do it though.... it's not excusable unless you've got a real chance of getting into the CL or winning a league by resting players, or you need to avoid the drop. Even nothing sides in the Championship and League One do it for fuck's sake

:lol: How many times can he get the shit beaten out of him before his position is under threat.

We all know what's going to happen, too. He's gonna stick around, move HBA, get fired and then a guy that would have loved HBA will come in and we'll be like "What if."

I think those players mentioned by Cajun are Championship players who end up playing in the premier because they have had a few outstanding players alongside them winning the points. Take Colo, Ba, Cisse, Cabaye  and Ben Arfa out and the same team which finished 5th would end up in the Championship. Just look at the difference one or two players missing has made in the last few fixtures.

Well yeah, you take 6 of the best players out of a side and they tend to do worse :lol: a lot thought we were doomed for relegation when Carroll was sold but Best stepped up and looked a good Premiership forward which he hadn't really before.

Doesn't mean Williamson, Best, Perch, Raylor, Guthrie etc.. didn't play above their usual level.

Keep the faith lads. The Gazette are probably just taking wild guesses. If we're going to go with random speculation I'm choosing to believe the Express. Fuck the local press!

Any vote of confidence usually means they're as good as gone.